BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Leeds, Ewood, 12.00 KO, 20th October

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Speaking in his press conference, the boss says: “Charlie Mulgrew had a few days off but trained today; hopefully he’ll train tomorrow too and will be fine for the weekend.” #Rovers 

More on injuries: “Ryan Nyambe could join in with training tomorrow, but the match might be too soon. Jacob Davenport is ready to go but needs a game, so has gone to Brighton with the Under-23s.” #Rovers

On #Rovers v Leeds, the boss says: “We’ve got three tough games coming up. Let’s make it a really good game on the pitch and a really vociferous atmosphere off it this weekend. We’re in a tough league and the lads are giving their all to win matches.”

Tony adds: “I’ve got a burning desire in my belly because I can feel the positivity at the club. The players want to learn and listen, and I feel we can get our teeth into this job and move in the right direction. We have a real opportunity here.” ? #Rovers

The boss finishes by saying:  “I want to manage in the Premier League again, and I’d like the people of Blackburn to have a team in the Premier League again. I’d like to see the scenes from the Oxford game every single week.” #Rovers

All from Mowbray's press conference. 

Nice to hear Mowbray buy into the idea that we could make a real push for the play offs. To do that you need to win games. And to win games you can't just sit off and let then opposition attack you for the rest of the game once you've taken the lead. 

• Like 1

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Rodwell

Reed            Dack            Rothwell

Graham

Subs:- Luerwiler Bell Downing Smallwood Armstrong Palmer Brereton

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Speaking in his press conference, the boss says: “Charlie Mulgrew had a few days off but trained today; hopefully he’ll train tomorrow too and will be fine for the weekend.” #Rovers 

More on injuries: “Ryan Nyambe could join in with training tomorrow, but the match might be too soon. Jacob Davenport is ready to go but needs a game, so has gone to Brighton with the Under-23s.” #Rovers

On #Rovers v Leeds, the boss says: “We’ve got three tough games coming up. Let’s make it a really good game on the pitch and a really vociferous atmosphere off it this weekend. We’re in a tough league and the lads are giving their all to win matches.”

Tony adds: “I’ve got a burning desire in my belly because I can feel the positivity at the club. The players want to learn and listen, and I feel we can get our teeth into this job and move in the right direction. We have a real opportunity here.” ? #Rovers

The boss finishes by saying:  “I want to manage in the Premier League again, and I’d like the people of Blackburn to have a team in the Premier League again. I’d like to see the scenes from the Oxford game every single week.” #Rovers

All from Mowbray's press conference. 

We love you Tony! 

Very positive news about Nyambe and Davenport. Going to be a few unhappy lads left out of the match day squad soon enough... 

Raya

Reed     Lenihan           Mulgrew    Williams

Evans              Rodwell

Bennett               Dack                    Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bell, Smallwood, Travis, Rothwell, Armstrong, Brereton

My team 5-3-1-1

Raya

Lenihan      Mulgrew     Rodwell

Bennett                                                            Bell

Reed     Evans     Rothwell

Dack

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Smallwood, Conway, Palmer, Armstrong, Brereton

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray moaning about attendances again.? 

And we'd like to see the club stick to 3pm for non tv games and do ticket initiatives for match's like this one to actually try and boost the HOME SUPPORT not rolling out every carpet they can find for away fans who'll pay top whack !

So f###### annoying !

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Obviously. They are a massive massive massive club.

I come in peace. Leeds lad here who has never had any beef with Blackburn. Got family and friends who support them. Went on as a kid myself in the days of Noel Brotherston (RIP) Keeley and Fazakerly and even remember Norman Bell. Garner was always a top striker for you. Remember the 5 he got against Derby back in the day. Don't McKay was harshly treated imo but it turned out well for you. Remember as a 6 or 7 year old being on the Riverside and sneaking in the seats up top. I was there the day Chelsea ran through the Blackburn End after being in the Nuttall Street seats. Happy memories as a kid growing up. Latterly David May missing a penalty and crying. Rod Wallace had a right performance there mid 90s. 2-4 I seem to recall but got locked up that day long story. Always like to see Rovers doing well. Enjoy the game and take some earplugs.

Edited by CP Company Lad
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

I come in peace. Leeds lad here who has never had any beef with Blackburn. Got family and friends who support them. Went on as a kid myself in the days of Noel Brotherston (RIP) Keeley and Fazakerly and even remember Norman Bell. Garner was always a top striker for you. Remember the 5 he got against Derby back in the day. Don't McKay was harshly treated imo but it turned out well for you. Remember as a 6 or 7 year old being on the Riverside and sneaking in the seats up top. I was there the day Chelsea ran through the Blackburn End after being in the Nuttall Street seats. Happy memories as a kid growing up. Latterly David May missing a penalty and crying. Rod Wallace had a right performance there mid 90s. 2-4 I seem to recall but got locked up that day long story. Always like to see Rovers doing well. Enjoy the game and take some earplugs.

Noel was my first football idol and the avatar that led us to promotion. RIP indeed. 

CP Co. is so Nineties. It's all about Regatta these days. Rambler chic.

Enjoy the match!

• Like 1

The standard police story in the LT that always lands before any half decent crowd these days. A crowd lower than what we attracted pretty much every game for 20 years before 2012.

Burnley get around 20k each match and I don’t see a story about the t’Turf from Lancs police every fortnight.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16992902.police-warning-ahead-of-blackburn-rovers-v-leeds-united-match/?ref=mr&lp=1

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Earplugs ???

Leeds filling that end never have the same effect as the Geordies or the red rags when they do the same, more on a par with the likes of City etc sometimes good but often not really so put yer willy away ?

Leeds in the old Darwen end terrace were a different animal though....literally, sadly.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Earplugs ???

Leeds filling that end never have the same effect as the Geordies or the red rags when they do the same, more on a par with the likes of City etc sometimes good but often not really so put yer willy away ?

Leeds in the old Darwen end terrace were a different animal though....literally, sadly.

Remember those days mate. Wilkos first season in charge. Mr Garner put you ahead very early before Chapman levelled things up before Strachan scored a screamer in the top corner in the DE and the place exploded. Great days. A very young David May missed an injury time penalty and was in tears. Strachan had his arm around him walking off. Perfect scenario for me is Leeds up as champions and Rovers runners up. Take it easy ?

• Like 2

Think Leeds fans and their ilk forget that we dined at the top table for nigh on 20 years. Big games and away supports coming to Ewood year in, year out. Like we should be overawed/amazed.

Indeed we were up there almost another decade after Leeds’ ignominious collapse to the lower leagues, so spare us the ‘massive’ stuff, ‘ear plugs’ etc. 

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Think Leeds fans and their ilk forget that we dined at the top table for nigh on 20 years. Big games and away supports coming to Ewood year in, year out. Like we should be overawed/amazed.

Indeed we were up there almost another decade after Leeds’ ignominious collapse to the lower leagues, so spare us the ‘massive’ stuff, ‘ear plugs’ etc. 

Pity the game isn't 5.30 ko ?

These dinnertime ko times are a joke. Apparently we won't be having anymore teatime away days on a Saturday. You reap what you sew I guess.