BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ewood Virtual Tour

17 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I think I'm right in saying that if you open the door fully it blocks out the Burnley plaque. A little childish, I know, but how it should be. 

Correct. It blocks out 2 of the 92 football league plaques - Burnley and Manchester United, from memory. I think this was Jack's doing.

I had the pleasure of a nice meeting in the board-room, and a cup of tea with some fellow supporter's group members pre-game once. And a certain Derek Shaw. A beautiful room.

The link's not loading on my work's Firefox, will get a look at this later. Thanks for posting

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doaksie said:

In the 'Director's private lounge', as you walk towards the smaller room with the pitch-view, that's a great photo of Jack on the adjacent wall. It just made me instantly start smiling. 

Nowadays it has been replaced with a picture of Desai. If you sit close to the box in JWL you can see it.

On 13/10/2018 at 09:59, J*B said:

Nowadays it has been replaced with a picture of Desai. If you sit close to the box in JWL you can see it.

Not sure. It would be interesting if they had included Jack's private room on there but they haven't. Jack's room is next door to the directors lounge and has a door to access his outdoor seating area. There are definitely a couple of photos of the Desai parents hung up on the rear wall of Jack's box.

I've been in there a few times but not recently, the last time i think they had kept all of Jack's things as they were. Think there is a proper painted portrait of him and also pictures of his mum hung up. Infact i think the lounge is named after his mother.

The famous old Ewood Boardroom in the Nuttal St Stand was famous for its half time spreads on matchday.Designed by the prolific Architect Archibald Leitch the room was painstaking taken down piece by piece and rebuilt in the BBE.Without doubt done on the orders of JW with the finest care and attention to history...Kudos to all involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archibald_Leitch

Given that Jack went to all that trouble (and Expense) to preserve the old Boardroom, he clearly had a love and respect for Rovers' history that did not rub off onto his family or anyone else he trusted to carry on his legacy.

Shame on them.

• Like 1