BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

POLL - SKY RED-BUTTON AND IT'S EFFECT ON SEASON-TICKET HOLDERS

Will you give up your Season Ticket next season due to the SKY Red-Button?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you give up your Season Ticket next season due to the SKY Red-Button?

• YES - due to cost/travel/convenience etc but will still go to some/all of the 3pm Saturday games as a walk-on.
    • NO - I will continue to buy a Season-Ticket and go to Ewood regardless of the Red-Button.
    • Not a current Season-Ticket holder but the Red-Button will influence my decision to buy one in the future.
    • Not a current Season-Ticket holder but the Red-Button will have no influence on my decision to buy one in the future.
    • Undecided at present

I've asked, at least twice, has the Forum taken on board the opinions and ideas expressed on here. We do or did have Forum members on here?

If they haven't what's the point of them?

As for the surcharge Chaddy, Waggot has reiterated his support for something, he hasn't explained why our opinions on it are not valid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Disabled fans in the lower tier then.

Ive no idea, probably very few. That doesnt mean its the right decision, or that I cant feel aggrieved. Its still not wise to aggravate supporters.

Well they have the exact same dilemma they face now, attend some weekend games as a walk on or get a season ticket and attend as many as possible. Both preferably without the added reasons not to of a surcharge and higher season ticket prices! My point is that I feel/would guess that any new fans who dont have season tickets at the moment who would buy one of these tickets would be more than offset by the number who would change from having full season tickets (id suggest that more than 50% dont/cant attend all 23 games) to the type of ticket that you suggest. Thus you are basically shutting down any chance of even a slightly respectable midweek attendance.

Your attitude is, dont question anything, it is how it is and thats that. Waggott is not beyond question just like anyone else at the club isnt. I dont understand why you use a messageboard if youre attitude is that theres no point mentioning things as it "wont change owt." Suggesting which players we could sign/sell, what tactics wed play and what subs we would have made is also futile by such an attitude. 

Waggott has told you the reasons why for the surcharge but everyday you bang on about and other posters aswell. If you want to change it email Waggott or get the fans forum to ask the question. Same for the Darwen end closure. Thats the only way to change it. You can moan about it till the cows come home but writing about on here isnt changing owt. Have you email Waggott to complain about the surcharge or Darwen End closure? 

I can understand people not attending all midweek games for various reasons. People are busy during the working week and you are very unlikely to get even a small rise in real numbers   

34 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I'm sick of your repetition but this is my best shot, here goes:

There you go Chaddy!

My questions werent to you and like I said before not interested anymore in you. So I dont know why you reply. 

The Premier League and Sky Sports control football via the money they exert. I've no doubt they would prefer it if the big city clubs occupied their 20 slots instead of the unfashionable small clubs like Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford etc. It's no surprise to see increasingly elaborate ways of weighting things in favour of the 'big' clubs in an increasingly desperate attempt to see them back in the top flight.

• Like 1

Can I just say, having few things I have to do now I'm retired, I quite often decide to do things at the last minute. Having spent my life up to then ruled for large parts by the ringing of a bell, being able to make spontaneous decisions is one of the privileges of getting older. So last Saturday I came back from a course I'd been attending and decided at 2.30pm that since the weather had improved greatly, I'd go and watch Clitheroe.  Now obviously to get from Clitheroe to Ewood I'd have to decide a bit sooner, but with smaller crowds than when I used to have a ST, probably not much before 2pm. So yes, people do decide at the last minute to do things based on all sorts of criteria. 

And provided we stay within posting rules, well talk about whatever we want on here. We know that it may change nothing per se,  but the point of a message board is to allow you to get things that annoy you off your chest, and to explain the reasons why you're annoyed.

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott has explained the reason why for the surcharge. You can keep going on about it but aint changing owt. 

If we took that approach with everything on here, we might as well shut the messageboard down.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t post your team for Leeds on here, won’t change owt, email it to Mowbray.

Yet again OTT Matty. Expected better from you.

47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we took that approach with everything on here, we might as well shut the messageboard down.....

Surely we dont need to keep going over and over every single day about the surcharge. Probably the most popular word on here. 

5 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Red button is a nice addition for midweek away games (and the odd Friday/Sunday game) but nothing beats being at Ewood.

Also, for the cost, I think our season tickets still represent good value.

But less than 10000 fans agree with you! 

Like Chaddy you're thinking that its not a problem for you, therefore we don't have a problem.

• Like 2

on the last   minute decisions after the Gillingham game got called off me and few other rovers fans decided to go to Stanley. Also I think it was when the Brighton game got called off a lot of them went to Stanley. So people do make last  miunite choices and the surcharge could put some of

f

Edited by jodrell
  • Like 1

ST holders are the heartbeat of the club, I had one for several years when I lived in Ossy.

Even if I was back there I wouldn't buy one one because of life style changes but I would make an effort to see as many games as possible.

Make season tickets easily available and reasonably priced for the faithful

I come up from N. Wales (200 mile round trip), the 'red button' doesn't influence me but for my 2 lads - who now have the 'kids/work/wives' thing to deal with, it does have an effect.

For them, it's seen as a 'positive' and they're now able to watch games that before they weren't able to.

There's been no talk (yet) of them stopping their season tickets but there's been quite a few home games where we haven't made it to the game.

• Like 1

Don't have a season ticket as live in dunfermline. And work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. 

I go to almost every 4th weekend game home or away as I'm off work. Its my release so probably won't change my habit.

But the lads I grew up with following rovers have mostly lost interest cause of venkys. Occasionally they pop down but I know this red button option will mean they won't be popping down to ewood.

One of them pays 80 quid to a guy for a channel on a fires stick and he gets to see every game home and away. 

I personally think it's the death of full attendances at grounds. Its sad times but for him and others it makes total financial sense. 

On 18/10/2018 at 07:59, meadows said:

There’s also instances of local amateur games getting called off on Saturdays. Waterlogged/frozen pitches. Once of a day half of Pleasy or Highams would decamp to Ewood, the other half to the pub. At £30 a throw to sit in the Blackburn End I suspect the pub wins most times now. 

On the post-noon surcharge: no extra staff are employed for the hours 12-3 who wouldn’t be there anyway. I’m unaware of many more clubs, some with far greater footfall, who apply a huge £3. If we are talking an average of 11-1400 non ST holders in the home section at every game must be a pathetically low number handful who do come late without pre-booking. Ten? Twenty? Thirty? 

A lot of teams charge more on the day of the match. I know from attending away games that paying on the day is often more. Similarly a lot of away fans turn up at Ewood without tickets, planing to pay on arrival. Home fans who decide on the day they want to go to the game will be in a minority, I agree.  The decision would have to be related to whether or not more or less tickets would be sold at the already relativly exspensive price of £3 lower. 

• J*B unpinned this topic