BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds fan in peace

Hello Blackburn fans?

Last season i started visiting our Championship rivals forums for a chat pre game ?.

Then i post the thread on our forum and anyone who fancies a read can. 

Nothing particularly difficult.

Just thoughts on your squad, new signings, start to the season, how you see the season panning out for you and finally thoughts on Saturdays game?

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686&hilit=Other+fans+opinions

Thats where this will go for anyone who is curious.

Any responses are appreciated.

Cjay?

• Like 1

Reading MOT so I can see you lads are in positive mood and think you will give us a good hiding. You wont as we are hard to beat. Although i would accept a draw. On paper you win but it ain't played on paper. I mite be blinkered thou as I can't stand your club or fans.

Our players are grafting and putting in a shift every week. Even games when we was proper nullified and beaten like sheff u at home. We got beat cause they where better not because a lack of effort. So if you win then you will have deserved it

Unlike wolves last year there isn't a proper standout team. So with your style of play this is as good a chance that you will get to go up. 

We are in a better place now than we have been in the last few years. To the point where we fear no one in this division. Not even massive massive leeds. Imagine that.

Saying that im delighted if we finish in the top half and slowly build for the next few years although there is always hopes of playoffs. 

50 minutes ago, Cjay90 said:

Hello Blackburn fans?

Last season i started visiting our Championship rivals forums for a chat pre game ?.

Then i post the thread on our forum and anyone who fancies a read can. 

Nothing particularly difficult.

Just thoughts on your squad, new signings, start to the season, how you see the season panning out for you and finally thoughts on Saturdays game?

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686&hilit=Other+fans+opinions

Thats where this will go for anyone who is curious.

Any responses are appreciated.

Cjay?

First up lad, we're Rovers, not "Blackburn". 

And I've never seen a Leeds fan "in peace" ; parts of Ewood usually end up in pieces after your lot have been.

Having said that,  Saturday should be a good game if we turn up - which we didn't for the last home game against your Yarkshire rivals Sheff Utd.

Unfortunately I think you'll win because we've been poor recently. 

Looking forwards to the game. Like the way Leeds were playing at the beginning of the season.

Probably a big test for both sides as both need to get the show back on the road after indifferent performances/results. 

Extremely pleased with the way we have adapted to life back in the Championship. 

Hoping for a scintillating game. 

1 hour ago, Blue n whites said:

Reading MOT so I can see you lads are in positive mood and think you will give us a good hiding. You wont as we are hard to beat. Although i would accept a draw. On paper you win but it ain't played on paper. I mite be blinkered thou as I can't stand your club or fans.

Our players are grafting and putting in a shift every week. Even games when we was proper nullified and beaten like sheff u at home. We got beat cause they where better not because a lack of effort. So if you win then you will have deserved it

Unlike wolves last year there isn't a proper standout team. So with your style of play this is as good a chance that you will get to go up. 

We are in a better place now than we have been in the last few years. To the point where we fear no one in this division. Not even massive massive leeds. Imagine that.

Saying that im delighted if we finish in the top half and slowly build for the next few years although there is always hopes of playoffs. 

We are in a positive mood as you say, we'v had a tough run with injuries and have come through it in a decent position so it certainly has helped the mood.

No you may be right, i dont think it will be an easy game but with 3 key players all back and available I'm hopeful. 

Also, your home form isnt great, not winning many but then again not losing either. Our away form is very good, best in the league at the moment.

I watched you on tele, maybe Millwall? And there was a stat where you hadnt lost at home for an eternity?  So not going in thinking it will be easy.

Dont suppose Bradley Dack fancies a day off? ?

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

First up lad, we're Rovers, not "Blackburn". 

And I've never seen a Leeds fan "in peace" ; parts of Ewood usually end up in pieces after your lot have been.

Having said that,  Saturday should be a good game if we turn up - which we didn't for the last home game against your Yarkshire rivals Sheff Utd.

Unfortunately I think you'll win because we've been poor recently. 

Oh alright,  i wasnt sure which it was.

You have now, I'm very peaceful?

I hope you dont turn up then, because we need the points, good opportunity for us this weekend to go back top if results go our way.

Our form hasnt been sparking either recently tbf so you never know.

54 minutes ago, philipl said:

Looking forwards to the game. Like the way Leeds were playing at the beginning of the season.

Probably a big test for both sides as both need to get the show back on the road after indifferent performances/results. 

Extremely pleased with the way we have adapted to life back in the Championship. 

Hoping for a scintillating game. 

Thought you were good in the game i saw, quite a fan of Bradley Dack and Adam Armstrong from his Coventry time. 

We have played well in every game really, but lacked a bit of a clinical touch in recent games. Sheffield Wednesday and Millwall especially were very frustrating because we should have won.

Neither of us are troubling the top 6 of the form table atm as you say, both need to get back to form.

Quite excited, international breaks are very dull?

We can struggle at home when the onus is on us to attack. What might work in our favour is that we are underdogs for this game. We might try and press you high up the pitch if you like to pass it about at the back but with Bennett not in midfield (and probably at right-back) we lose a lot of 'legs'. We aren't the same team when he's not flying into tackles in midfield. Our worst two performances of the season have arguably been the last two when he's been at full-back. 

When we can impose ourselves physically on the oppo we are far better. Brentford tried to pass us of the park at Ewood but in the end we were relentless at getting in their faces and ended up winning 1-0. Sheff Utd on the other hand were far too strong for us physically and we got outplayed in our last home game. I'd imagine you will move the ball about better than us but whether it's enough for you to win remains to be seen. A lot will depend on how much of an impact Graham has. If we can get the ball to him and he brings the likes of Dack into the game we can cause teams problems. It's a bit one-dimensional at times but we don't really have any wingers so we are quite pragmatic as an attacking side. We can be good on the break though which probably explains why we've picked up more points away from home so far this season. 

Anyway, kick off time notwithstanding, it should be decent afternoon with a good atmosphere.

Prediction 1-1.

• Like 1

Rovers have started very well back in the championship. Always a threat going forward. I fancy Leeds to get at their back 4 though. Siaz could be influential on Saturday. Hopefully Roofe will start after a lay off. We have missed Hernandez more than we should if we want to remain competitive near the top. We need to start making our domination of games pay.

Rovers 1-3 Leeds 

Leeds have finally found a good manager and this is probably their best chance in a very long time to go up as apart from WBA, the relegated teams from the PL are not looking like they will run the show and bounce back up. Stoke and Swansea I cannot see doing much more than perhaps challenging for the playoffs so this is a chance for at least 2 different teams to get up this time around.

That said, you had a good start last time around and fell away so it will be interesting to see if you can prevent that happening this time.

On the match, I think some of you lot are being a bit too confident. Sure, we have drawn far too many at home for our liking this season but we have lost something like 1 out of the last 50 at our place, so you shouldnt be thinking it will be a walk in the park like some of you lot do.

We would take a draw though but obviously hope we can nick a win.

• Like 1

Leeds showed they can a dodgy team with the recent games esp v brum. If Rovers sit back and invite Leeds on the front foot they will crucify us on the other hand brum showed if you go at the they are vulnerable Brentford should have put them well away and laid the price for missing so many chances, Rovers have to take them when and if they come along.

• Like 1

I think this is about the time Leeds usually fall apart. Bunch of perpetual under achievers - their players aren't much better either.

Lived with a lad from Leeds at university. Only person I've seen who went to the chippy and bought a paper and walked back with the chips in his pocket and reading the paper. Backward lot of people.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Leeds have finally found a good manager and this is probably their best chance in a very long time to go up as apart from WBA, the relegated teams from the PL are not looking like they will run the show and bounce back up. Stoke and Swansea I cannot see doing much more than perhaps challenging for the playoffs so this is a chance for at least 2 different teams to get up this time around.

That said, you had a good start last time around and fell away so it will be interesting to see if you can prevent that happening this time.

On the match, I think some of you lot are being a bit too confident. Sure, we have drawn far too many at home for our liking this season but we have lost something like 1 out of the last 50 at our place, so you shouldnt be thinking it will be a walk in the park like some of you lot do.

We would take a draw though but obviously hope we can nick a win.

Hi Jack, you make some very good points

We have probably the best manager in the championship in Bielsa & he is our main hope of achieving promotion to the premiership

Last season when we fell away we had two inept coaches who were unable to get the best out of their squad over a sustained period 

This is the first time in fifteen years where I go into every match feeling confident that we can gain a victory or at least get something out of a game all down to Bielsa with his shrewd management & style of football

I'd take a draw even though I think we'll win especially with Hernandez, Roofe  & Berardi  all  available to play for the first time in nearly two months. We'll miss Barry Douglas on the left side but my main concern is if Pontus Jansson doesn't play due to his wife giving birth to their baby, Jansson has been immense in the last nine games, a 10/10 performance v Brentford. I've never given a player maximum marks in a very long time but his performance was faultless whilst all around him were having a off-day.

Should be a good game 

• Like 1

I think Rovers are expecting it to be tough, and will want to keep it tight, rather than play expansive football (I don't think Mowbray knows the meaning of the word...). But we'll be quietly confident to be able to create chances if Leeds start to push players forward, we're usually better against teams that do want to attack us.

Leeds have won 2 of the last 7 league games, so hardly on Championship-winning form. Rovers will have a similar record over the last month so could be a close one.

If Dack rediscovers some magic form, we could win it. I'd take a draw.

8 minutes ago, 1964w said:

We have probably the best manager in the championship in Bielsa & he is our main hope of achieving promotion to the premiership

Last season when we fell away we had two inept coaches who were unable to get the best out of their squad over a sustained period 

This is the first time in fifteen years where I go into every match feeling confident that we can gain a victory or at least get something out of a game all down to Bielsa with his shrewd management & style of football

I'd take a draw even though I think we'll win especially with Hernandez, Roofe  & Berardi  all  available to play for the first time in nearly two months. We'll miss Barry Douglas on the left side but my main concern is if Pontus Jansson doesn't play due to his wife giving birth to their baby, Jansson has been immense in the last nine games, a 10/10 performance v Brentford. I've never given a player maximum marks in a very long time but his performance was faultless whilst all around him were having a off-day.

Should be a good game 

What has Bielsa done that has led to this confidence? What would you say he has brought to the club? On and off the field

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Should be a good game 

Sorry but I must correct you. 

Our manager is Tony Mowbray, and I think you will find he is the best manager in the Championship.

Thanks.

• Like 6

Found a 'good manager', a belting Sky induced financial legup, highest attendances in the division and you're all getting giddy about being mid table, coming to Ewood and giving Rovers a good hiding! 

Dear me, sorry but I can't abide Leeds. Sheffield United excepted, Rovers could and probably should have won every other game so far this season, on the balance of play, despite not playing particularly well on occasions.

If our key players are on their mettle, play with a high pressing tempo up the pitch, there'll be a lot of miserable knuckle draggers hightailing it back over the M62 mid afternoon.

Rovers to win no question.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If Bielsa is a 'world class' manager then how come he's managing Leeds in the 2nd division and not Man City or Chelsea?

Bear in mind what they're comparing him with at Elland Road previously: bloody hell, Owen Coyle would be world class!

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Stepping away from local bias surely Chris Wilder is currently the best manager in the Championship? An excellent team built at low cost.

Bielsa hasn't been managing in this league for 5 minutes.

Yes but Chris Wilder is English, born in Sheffield and before his current club has managed Halifax, Oxford and Northampton. Please ignore results and relevant achievements.

Bielsa is from far away, has managed exotic clubs and Guardiola once said he was good.