BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds fan in peace

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If Bielsa is a 'world class' manager then how come he's managing Leeds in the 2nd division and not Man City or Chelsea?

He is famously picky and very inflexible, he wants total control and wont be dictated to and if he in any way feels that a job isnt right he wont take it.

Turned down the Argentina job in 2016, left Lazio after he found out they lied to him, 

Told West Ham most of there squad wernt good enough when interviewed for there job.

Was one of the favourites amongst the Barcelona bosses after Pep left, and they did end up giving it to one of his many disciples Tata Martino. 

Inter Milan wanted him when he was at Bilbao. 

And he rejected Real Madrid shortly after leaving Argentina. 

He could have had one of the huge jobs, but he only takes a job he feels is right, and his stubbornness i suppose and unpredictability goes against him i imagine. 

Admirable really. 

Edited by Cjay90
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cjay90 said:

He is famously picky and very inflexible, he wants total control and wont be dictated to and if he in any way feels that a job isnt right he wont take it.

Turned down the Argentina job in 2016, left Lazio after he found out they lied to him, 

Told West Ham most of there squad wernt good enough when interviewed for there job.

Was one of the favourites amongst the Barcelona bosses after Pep left, and they did end up giving it to one of his many disciples Tata Martino. 

He could have had one of the huge jobs, but he only takes a job he feels is right.

Admirable really. 

Or he only takes jobs in which he has an excuse for if things go wrong?

Don't succeed at Madrid, Barca or Argentina = sacked and derided.

Don't succeed at Leeds, Bilbao (with their nationalist structure), Lazio = the complexities of the job at hand.

You can twist any argument any which way my furry knuckled friend. I wouldn't even trust Bielsa to look after the sausages at one of Dack's famous Friday night BBQs.  7-0 Rovers.

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Leeds showed they can a dodgy team with the recent games esp v brum. If Rovers sit back and invite Leeds on the front foot they will crucify us on the other hand brum showed if you go at the they are vulnerable Brentford should have put them well away and laid the price for missing so many chances, Rovers have to take them when and if they come along.

We had chances especially against Birmingham though, balance of play we battered them, just wernt clinical. 

Hard to judge us really recently, it would be like judging you if you hadnt had Bradley Dack, Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew playing for the last 6 or 7 games for example. 

Im hopeful but nervous, now i know Mulgrew is playing to.  

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Or he only takes jobs in which he has an excuse for if things go wrong?

Don't succeed at Madrid, Barca or Argentina = sacked and derided.

Don't succeed at Leeds, Bilbao (with their nationalistic structure), Lazio = the complexities of the job at hand.

You can twist any argument any which way my furry knuckled friend. I wouldn't even trust Bielsa to look after the sausages at one of Dack's famous Friday night BBQs.  7-0 Rovers.

Alright ?

I think the later in the season you play Leeds this year the better. Bielsa’s teams always start well then fade away because the players can’t cope with the demands on them.

on saying that though I do love the man and his eccentricities, he’s my favourite manager in world football and I was gutted that he went to Leeds.

It’s going to be a roller coaster ride for you this season and I’ve no idea what will happen tomorrow.

favourite game against Leeds the 2-1 home win in about 84.  Might have been Boxing Day but the place was packed out.  The 2-2 when we were two down at Elland road was great as well.

Oh and thanks for Scott Sellars, he was a great player who cost us around £20k when that was all we could afford.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cjay90 said:

He could have had one of the huge jobs, but he only takes a job he feels is right, and his stubbornness i suppose and unpredictability goes against him i imagine. 

Admirable really. 

Mmmm, so a couple of years after apparently rejecting Madrid and Barcelona, he ends up at Leeds. Ah don't worry, we have rose tinted spectacles on here for Rovers too :)

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mmmm, so a couple of years after apparently rejecting Madrid and Barcelona, he ends up at Leeds. Ah don't worry, we have rose tinted spectacles on here for Rovers too :)

Didnt reject Barcelona but was a popular candidate, Lionel Messi wanted him, but Bielsa wouldnt leave Bilbao, its all true lol can be checked if so inclined. 

Argentina would have been what, 14 years ago now, so yeah it was then apparently for Madrid. 

Its trueeeeeeeeeeeee?

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did Leeds spend much this summer? 

net spend was about £3mil, total was about £11mil, so no not really. 

Both our money signings wont play against you anyways, typical ?

Edited by Cjay90
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Leeds showed they can a dodgy team with the recent games esp v brum. If Rovers sit back and invite Leeds on the front foot they will crucify us on the other hand brum showed if you go at the they are vulnerable Brentford should have put them well away and laid the price for missing so many chances, Rovers have to take them when and if they come along.

Birmingham are a horrible team to play against, we gave them soft two goals & after 30 minutes they killed the game off with every aggravating tactic in the book.

Time-wasting with players falling over deliberately stopping play as they feigned injuries, we were on a break twice with men advantage & the referee stopped the game , The rules are  a game should only be stopped if a player has a head injury or serious leg-break. Goal-kicks & throw-ins taking an age, each defender taking it in turns to commit fouls, four of them booked but two of them on yellows should gone as they committed poor challenges when already on yellows, cynical play from Monk's troops. The ref never really got hold of the shenanigans making it a scrappy stop-start game, however the officials gave eight minutes of added-on time for their antics

Brum have drawn 8 of their 12 games which says it all

Sounds like sour grapes from me but as a fan I don't want to see players feigning injuries , it doesn't happen in Rugby League, a sport football could learn a lot from! 

1 hour ago, CP Company Lad said:

Really ? Find that a bit strange really mate tbh. Not much history with us and you. Always been a fairly friendly fixture down the years. 

The 'love in' for me started in the Lowfield Stand in the late eighties when I witnessed Leeds brave lads laying into men, women and children indiscriminately, who were Rovers' fans dotted about that bit of a shed, during the second half as we clawed back a 2 goal deficit. Following the match our car was continuously bricked as the car was penned in by other cars on the car park. Two coppers then gripped 2 of the 'brave lads' as they ran away and shoved one of their heads through my windscreen as he was spreadeagled over my bonnet. I've seen nothing since to change my mind and consider that 'scum' is a more than appropriate attachment, mate.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What has Bielsa done that has led to this confidence? What would you say he has brought to the club? On and off the field

Apart from Douglas & Klich we are virtually the same team as last season

Christainsen fell out with Klich who is a quality midfielder only using him for 45 minutes in a championship match  v Cardiff in 2017/18

Improvement under Bielsa

Fitness - every player are as fit as a butchers dog

Passing/movement/possession improved 70%

Style of play - attack-minded

Discipline - improved significantly particularly with the likes of Saiz & Alioski

Training - Players in work at 8am, two sessions in the morning, lunch, a siesta/rest-time then another session late afternoon, players finish their day at 6pm

Good habits - players clean up the away dressing-rooms as Bielsa expects them to leave the facilities in the same clean/tidy condition as when they entered them before the game

Bielsa is teaching young affluent men discipline/standards & how to behave & show respect in their glamorous footballing lives

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wolfie said:

Might just be me but I'd probably stop the game even it wasn't a serious leg break

As the game is now with minimum physical contact players are encouraged to go down at will deliberately stopping the game.

It's cheating the fans imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

The 'love in' for me started in the Lowfield Stand in the late eighties when I witnessed Leeds brave lads laying into men, women and children indiscriminately, who were Rovers' fans dotted about that bit of a shed, during the second half as we clawed back a 2 goal deficit. Following the match our car was continuously bricked as the car was penned in by other cars on the car park. Two coppers then gripped 2 of the 'brave lads' as they ran away and shoved one of their heads through my windscreen as he was spreadeagled over my bonnet. I've seen nothing since to change my mind and consider that 'scum' is a more than appropriate attachment, mate.

Darren we are not all like that & I'm sorry you had to experience such horrible behaviour

• Like 1

Just now, 1964w said:

Darren we are not all like that & I'm sorry you had to experience such horrible behaviour

I know you're not and that you can't generalise either. He did ask though.

Great atmosphere tomorrow, Rovers win and there be no bother whatsoever! ;)

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 18:06, philipl said:

Looking forwards to the game. Like the way Leeds were playing at the beginning of the season.

Probably a big test for both sides as both need to get the show back on the road after indifferent performances/results. 

Extremely pleased with the way we have adapted to life back in the Championship. 

Hoping for a scintillating game. 

Both Rovers & Leeds have done better than I expected

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ah righto you're my age then Darren. 

Well in all my time attending Leeds/Rovers games I have never ever seen any real problems. I remember that game well. Colin Hendry got a late equaliser but again I honestly can't recall any mither. 

As I goes I used to be involved with Leeds and knew quite a few of the original Blackburn Youth having family in Blackburn and mixing in those circles but I have never been aware of any trouble with Rovers.

As for the late 80s at Elland Road and Service Crew giving it to women and kids ?? I'm pretty sure you're either on a wind up or seriously in need of help as that didn't happen and you're only kidding yourself fella.

Leeds have no problem with Blackburn Rovers pal.  Never have and never will.

nb The shoved 1 of the brave lads heads through my windscreen is priceless.

Enjoy tomorrow Darren.

5 hours ago, OJRovers said:

I think Rovers are expecting it to be tough, and will want to keep it tight, rather than play expansive football (I don't think Mowbray knows the meaning of the word...). But we'll be quietly confident to be able to create chances if Leeds start to push players forward, we're usually better against teams that do want to attack us.

Leeds have won 2 of the last 7 league games, so hardly on Championship-winning form. Rovers will have a similar record over the last month so could be a close one.

If Dack rediscovers some magic form, we could win it. I'd take a draw.

Has Dack lost his way in recent games ?

Just now, CP Company Lad said:

You honesty believe Darren ? I'm 50 and seen Leeds all over Europe and been filled in. Attacking Blackburn women and kids in the late 80s ?

I don't know so I just have to take his opinion & hope he's being honest with us

I've been following Leeds for 54 years home & away & I've seen some ugly scenes not only from our fans but many other clubs supporters over the years

Haven't witnessed too much bother during the noughties 

Just now, 1964w said:

I don't know so I just have to take his opinion & hope he's being honest with us

I've been following Leeds for 54 years home & away & I've seen some ugly scenes not only from our fans but many other clubs supporters over the years

Haven't witnessed too much bother during the noughties 

Absolutely no way were visiting supporters attacked in the Lowfield Stand in the late 80s. In fact I'm almost certain that day we were in the Lowfields and the visitors were in the south so nonsense.