BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds fan in peace

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Sky to officially hold a day of mourning.

Btw....did you know they had 7,000 fans at Ewood today?:lol:

BBC are at it too (no embellishment)

"Leeds, backed by more than 7,700 travelling supporters......only to find it was an irrelevance as their team got battered."

• Like 1

Worst performance of the season

I personally didn't like our team selection or the way we lined-up

There was no need to play one player out of their natural position let alone four :shock: 

A recipe for a disaster & so it was proven !

Rovers were the better team & deserved their victory

Armstrong ran us ragged,  looks a decent winger

Good luck for the rest of the season lads 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Worst performance of the season

I personally didn't like our team selection or the way we lined-up

There was no need to play one player out of their natural position let alone four :shock: 

A recipe for a disaster & so it was proven !

Rovers were the better team & deserved their victory

Armstrong ran us ragged,  looks a decent winger

Good luck for the rest of the season lads 

Where are Leeds centre forwards? Decent in midfield but no focal point in attack. Saiz (great player) kept getting on the ball and there were no options. Was speaking to the Leeds fan sat with us and he mentioned Bamford was injured but for me he isn't a CF. You look like you need a Danny Graham, Chris Wood, Vokes type player. 

Edited by Neal

Leeds knocked it about well at times and the equalizer was quality it's usually handy to score near HT but probably not for them as they didn't have time to make it count. Trick to their style is to turn the whole team into a well oiled machine to allow that kind of football back to front then defend from front to back without the ball. Wagner managed it at Hudds but it takes time to implement, I think they'll be thereabouts in the top 6 come May though.

Big victory for us and the counter attacking style which serves us well away did ok at home as it's suited to the better sides but it was really good to see us making something of set pieces whilst defending them well at the other end. If we'd held on v Villa that would've been a few big scalps already plus a nice local victory so it's shaping up to be a good season.

Its been enjoyable so far !

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Leeds knocked it about well at times and the equalizer was quality it's usually handy to score near HT but probably not for them as they didn't have time to make it count. Trick to their style is to turn the whole team into a well oiled machine to allow that kind of football back to front then defend from front to back without the ball. Wagner managed it at Hudds but it takes time to implement, I think they'll be thereabouts in the top 6 come May though.

Big victory for us and the counter attacking style which serves us well away did ok at home as it's suited to the better sides but it was really good to see us making something of set pieces whilst defending them well at the other end. If we'd held on v Villa that would've been a few big scalps already plus a nice local victory so it's shaping up to be a good season.

If we held on against villa, we would be a win away from going top. What a season so far. Tight, tight table though. A couple of wins we go top, a couple of defeats we end up out of the top 10

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we held on against villa, we would be a win away from going top. What a season so far. Tight, tight table though. A couple of wins we go top, a couple of defeats we end up out of the top 10

That's why it's up there as one of the most competitive leagues in world football but I think it gets tougher every year now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The Leeds number 14 was awesome

Saiz - great dink of a ball for our goal, lots of running about & skill on the ball with no end product, our moves generally come to nothing due to his slack passes, also unlike Klich one of our better players yesterday Saiz can't shoot  

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Where are Leeds centre forwards? Decent in midfield but no focal point in attack. Saiz (great player) kept getting on the ball and there were no options. Was speaking to the Leeds fan sat with us and he mentioned Bamford was injured but for me he isn't a CF. You look like you need a Danny Graham, Chris Wood, Vokes type player. 

Roofe returned yesterday & was on fire until he incurred an injury. Bielsa started him on the wing to accommodate Tyler Roberts who has done ok during Roofe's absence, big mistake as he should have played him up front from the onset 

We paid £7m for Patrick Bamford who  is out injured until Christmas

Hernandez out most creative player should have started from the off too.

68% of possession. That is astonishing, especially away from home But only 20 shots to our 18.

Both teams had 6 shots on target.

Conclusion----you had the ball but not where it counted.

By the way you were way ahead on fouls committed but I can't remember the figure.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We do knock it about well Tom but we were  nowhere near our usual fluent selves yesterday due to the unbalance of our team & massive credit to Rovers who pressed us well & stopped us winning 50/50 balls. Our goal was special, I counted 13 passes from the back before Klich tucked it away, couldn't see it coming tbh 

You have a decent side there who could go on to surprise several teams, no reason why you shouldn't be looking at a top six finish as the championship is wide open this season

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

68% of possession. That is astonishing, especially away from home But only 20 shots to our 18.

By the way you were way ahead on fouls committed but I can't remember the figure.

Possession has been higher than that in the majority of our games

Main point is the scoreline as you say 

3 minutes ago, 1964w said:

We do knock it about well Tom but we were  nowhere near our usual fluent selves yesterday due to the unbalance of our team & massive credit to Rovers who pressed us well & stopped us winning 50/50 balls. Our goal was special, I counted 13 passes from the back before Klich tucked it away, couldn't see it coming tbh 

You have a decent side there who could go on to surprise several teams, no reason why you shouldn't be looking at a top six finish as the championship is wide open this season

Not dragging the whole crowd/following banter back up again but I did mention the huge allocation at Ewood can just as likely put pressure on the visitors as it can unsettle the home side. Maybe that was a case in point a bit yesterday as Leeds looked a little shy which was strange but of course the noon kick off kills any real atmosphere in most games that fall foul to it until the goals start flowing and fans get into it so rather than diving them on it's a bit quiet and they become nervous.

1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Saiz - great dink of a ball for our goal, lots of running about & skill on the ball with no end product, our moves generally come to nothing due to his slack passes, also unlike Klich one of our better players yesterday Saiz can't shoot  

Who was the guy at right back who Armstrong kept going passed again and again in the first half. He couldn't judge the flight of the ball at all. I presume he was one of the ones who was only in due to injuries?

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Who was the guy at right back who Armstrong kept going passed again and again in the first half. He couldn't judge the flight of the ball at all. I presume he was one of the ones who was only in due to injuries?

He's a wide midfielder/ winger normally. Used to play for Brentford and he always looked a very attacking player whenever I saw him.  It would be like us playing Rothwell at FB.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Yes 68% is astonishing and why I never take any serious notice of these so called statistics. Rovers dominated the first half with Leeds constantly under pressure, something they are clearly not used to. I suppose if you include knocking it about 5 yards outside your own box then perhaps that helps the possession stats.

At best, from a Leeds perspective, the first half was 50-50 and while Leeds did have more of the ball in the second it wasn't enough to give a 68-32 stat.

No complaints.

First game this season i havent felt we deserved something from or a win when we drew. 

You were better organised, worked harder, won the 50/50s and kept your shape so well out of possession.

Made the most of 2 set pieces and that was enough.

Adam Armstrong was excellent, had both our full backs on toast. 

Until Jack Clarke came on we had nobody willing to run at a full back like Armstrong.

Good luck for the rest of the season

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes 68% is astonishing and why I never take any serious notice of these so called statistics. Rovers dominated the first half with Leeds constantly under pressure, something they are clearly not used to. I suppose if you include knocking it about 5 yards outside your own box then perhaps that helps the possession stats.

At best, from a Leeds perspective, the first half was 50-50 and while Leeds did have more of the ball in the second it wasn't enough to give a 68-32 stat

Only one statistic counts. We scored 66% of the goals.

Statistics are usually used by losing managers trying to justify something or other. In reality they count for nothing.

• Like 1

It's good to recall us playing out the final stages by winning free kicks and slowing the ball down, although at the time heart rates were doubled.

I did see Tony Mowbray's head in his hands when we cleared the ball with no one there running out into space. Massive result, never known Leeds so quiet. The up the football league we go cry was sung with real belief on the final whistle.

Was talking to an elderly Leeds fan at MacDonalds after - part of the "miserable 8k supporters" as he put it. Critical of their lack of defense but very complementary about the ground and the view he had from upper Darwen End. His last visit was in the 1970s.   

• Like 1