BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds fan in peace

Leeds have failed to make the playoffs since you returned to the Championship (at the 3rd attempt) 8 years ago, often flattering to deceive by starting well but falling away. I've not seen anything to suggest this year will be any different. 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Leeds have failed to make the playoffs since you returned to the Championship (at the 3rd attempt) 8 years ago, often flattering to deceive by starting well but falling away. I've not seen anything to suggest this year will be any different. 

Hopefully this season will buck this depressing trend James. Tell you one thing though Jimmy. Its never dull being Leeds. I cant imagine following a dull boring tredding water club ? Could you ?

Just now, CP Company Lad said:

Its never dull being Leeds. I cant imagine following a dull boring tredding water club ? Could you ?

Your finishing positions in the past 8 seasons have been 7th 14th 13th 15th 15th 13th 7th 13th

Leeds "Dull" United. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Roofe Abraham Mapauy Jutckwietzk Pukki Grabban Gayle Bodvaarson Rodriguez. 9 off the top of my head.

Roofe is having a purple patch but Sharp has been banging them in at this level consistently for years. Also this season Roofe still only has the same amount of goals as Sharp despite playing in this brilliant Leeds team you keep telling us about and Sharp is playing for a team that 'won't make the top 6' with a 'clown' managing them. Pukki is having a good season but he did nothing in Scotland and most of his career has been spent in a Danish League that is no way near the standard of the Championship.

Bodvaarson and Jutkiewicz? ? Come on now you are really clutching at straws.

3 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

Hopefully this season will buck this depressing trend James. Tell you one thing though Jimmy. Its never dull being Leeds. I cant imagine following a dull boring tredding water club ? Could you ?

Can't really separate the two regarding the last 20 years.

Certainly following rovers last 8 years has been anything but boring. 6 years of being on a downward spiral as the club imploded in front of our eyes. BORING. I wish it was.

Both clubs sold to loonies.

Both been on a rollercoaster ride.

More frustration than success. Especially leeds. Given we have two trophies in the bag since your last one. And more seasons in the premiership. 

Unless your implying because you get 20k more fans through the gate that somehow negatively effects how we can feel about rovers.

Personally I feel leeds as a one club city. The attendances are average at best

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Your finishing positions in the past 8 seasons have been 7th 14th 13th 15th 15th 13th 7th 13th

Leeds "Dull" United. 

Does where your team finish constitute everything Jimbo ? As the famous song goes "weve been through it all together and weve had our ups and downs" 

Ive seen Leeds lose in the FA Cup at Newport in recent years. Also seen us in the CL semi final in Valencia. Seen us win the League and seen us fail. 

Like i say Jim its never ever dull. We all hate Leeds Scum.

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Roofe is having a purple patch but Sharp has been banging them in at this level consistently for years. Also this season Roofe still only has the same amount of goals as Sharp despite playing in this brilliant Leeds team you keep telling us about and Sharp is playing for a team that 'won't make the top 6' with a 'clown' managing them. Pukki is having a good season but he did nothing in Scotland and most of his career has been spent in a Danish League that is no way near the standard of the Championship.

Bodvaarson and Jutkiewicz? ? Come on now you are really clutching at straws.

Think what you want about Billy Barn Door and Christopher Wilder. They will fall away. Bottle jobs the pair of them. 

In Marcello we trust. All the best xx

2 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Where do you stand (sit) Cjay ? I am in the South Upper. 

Totally agree with Rovers. Not a chance they will go down. Over the 2 games its 4-4 on agg. Some very capable players but a different beast yesterday than at Ewood. A good win and i am certain they will pick up points and push up the league.

I dont mate, i live 2 hours away, dont get to go very often unfortunately.

Leon is on here i think, he is a season ticket holder, not sure where he sits.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

The "Not the worst team we have played this season at all" beat you at Ewood Park and, but for stupid defensive lapses in the last 4 minutes, would have done the double over you.

Finally, I would like to say that Leeds are definitely not the best team we played this season. That accolade belongs to Sheffield United..

You were very good at Ewood Park, said you were the 1st team i felt deserved to beat us, now WBA are the 2nd.

Imo if you had beat us it would have been thoroughly undeserved yesterday. 

The free kick in particular was terrible keeping and the pen was stupidity, in open play you offered 0 threat, defended well tbf.

Blades are a good team, lack quality individually imo.

WBA comfortably the best side we have faced.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Based on our 2 games against Leeds, neither will your lot. 

Dont really want to argue but we are thoroughly deserving of being top. 

Nobody has taken more points off teams in the top half.

Our goal difference is 2nd to  WBA, but our goals to conceded ratio is the best, we have the 4th best attack 2nd best defence, WBA have the best attack but 3rd worst defence of the top 12.

Whether we can keep it up i dont know, but considering the injuries we have had and still be top have to wonder how we would have done without those injuries.

13 minutes ago, Cjay90 said:

Dont really want to argue but we are thoroughly deserving of being top. 

Nobody has taken more points off teams in the top half.

Our goal difference is 2nd to  WBA, but our goals to conceded ratio is the best, we have the 4th best attack 2nd best defence, WBA have the best attack but 3rd worst defence of the top 12.

Whether we can keep it up i dont know, but considering the injuries we have had and still be top have to wonder how we would have done without those injuries.

You will need to bring a few in during the transfer window though otherwise you will fall away during the second half of the season like usually happens with Bielsa's teams.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Cjay90 said:

Imo if you had beat us it would have been thoroughly undeserved yesterday. 

Have to agree with you on this one. Frankly the stats speak for themselves and had you not given us two prime dead ball opportunities it's unlikely we would ever have had a sniff. We're lucky to have Mulgrew available to make the most of set pieces, but the reality is we did not deserve to win yesterday. Reminded me of when we did the double over Newcastle in the 16/17 season - again Mulgrew on hand to convert set pieces in two games we didn't deserve anything from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CP Company Lad said:

Billy Sharp is average at best. I could name a dozen better.

I’m well embroiled in the Sheffield football discussion and to an extent you are right.

He’s a conundrum, his goal record is second to few.

The Manor Top Jordan Rhodes - they bloody love him.