BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds fan in peace

8 hours ago, 1964w said:

Phillips (the one with a pineapple on his head) my favourite player kept Dack quiet 

Really looked the like of that guy (Phillips) , big unit with good feet  , think he'll go far

5 hours ago, Cjay90 said:

No complaints.

First game this season i havent felt we deserved something from or a win when we drew. 

You were better organised, worked harder, won the 50/50s and kept your shape so well out of possession.

Made the most of 2 set pieces and that was enough.

Adam Armstrong was excellent, had both our full backs on toast. 

Until Jack Clarke came on we had nobody willing to run at a full back like Armstrong.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Do you want us to ask Mowbray if he can give Bielsa any coaching lessons during our next fan Q&A?

He'll (Bielsa) will do well to learn from the best.

T'ra.

Sounded a relatively peaceful day yesterday, but I hope they catch the nugget who threw a bottle at Raya in the 2nd half, or if not at Raya, certainly into his penalty area. 

CCTV - over to you.

Edited by Gav

7 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's a wide midfielder/ winger normally. Used to play for Brentford and he always looked a very attacking player whenever I saw him.  It would be like us playing Rothwell at FB.

I seem to recall Dallas scoring in our 2-1 victory at Ewood Park in an evening match the season you were relegated

4 hours ago, AJW said:

Really looked the like of that guy (Phillips) , big unit with good feet  , think he'll go far

Massively improved player under Bielsa's management 

I've received some stick for claiming Phillips will play for England one day :eng: 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Sounded a relatively peaceful day yesterday, but I hope they catch the nugget who threw a bottle at Raya in the 2nd half, or if not at Raya, certainly into his penalty area. 

CCTV - over to you.

Didn't see that 

One of New Order's best albums in your avatar Gav

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Yes 68% is astonishing and why I never take any serious notice of these so called statistics. Rovers dominated the first half with Leeds constantly under pressure, something they are clearly not used to. I suppose if you include knocking it about 5 yards outside your own box then perhaps that helps the possession stats.

At best, from a Leeds perspective, the first half was 50-50 and while Leeds did have more of the ball in the second it wasn't enough to give a 68-32 stat.

Well, we're  sort of in agreement here, those stats really confirm what sort of possession they had and I was making the point that they had no cutting-edge.

If we had 68% possession we'd be winning 5-0.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Game stats are more relevent when looking at results over a sustained period of time, on a match to match basis they have less meaning. Look at when we faced Derby a few weeks ago, they had 20+ shots and battered us, but the match ended 0-0. Having a hundred shots counts for nothing if you don't take your chances. However, if Derby continued having that amount of shots over a long stetch of games then you'd expect them to be scoring a healthy amount of goals and winning most of their matches. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Cjay90 said:

Hello Rovers fans.

Merry Xmas for tomorrow ?

Usually I'd make a new thread but given the time of year and people generally being busy i didn't see the point. 

Looking forward to the boxing day game, a chance to get our own back hopefully.

Things are looking good for you guys right now. Been quite an open divison but we are now slipping - that said, consolidationw as always the aim and then push on from there.

Optimistically going for a draw Woodgate for you and a Ferdinand OG.

15 hours ago, Cjay90 said:

Hello Rovers fans.

Merry Xmas for tomorrow ?

Usually I'd make a new thread but given the time of year and people generally being busy i didn't see the point. 

Looking forward to the boxing day game, a chance to get our own back hopefully.

You will, 3-2

I am amazed, and this time disappointed, that this game is not the day's pick on Leeds Sky TV, Football channel. (Red button not much use here but expect to find alternative means)

Thought you were very poor in open play tbh, Dack aside you had little threat.

Was confused by your formation as i thought 3 of your back 4 were cbs?

Bell played really well at left back at Ewood Park, Armstrong was brilliant on the left wing that day, not sure why you changed that.

Finally imo you dropped far to deep after you scored, odd you left nobody up top. 

Definitely wont get relegated though, not the worst team we have played this season at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cjay90 said:

Bell played really well at left back at Ewood Park, Armstrong was brilliant on the left wing that day, not sure why you changed that.

Finally imo you dropped far to deep after you scored, odd you left nobody up top. 

Definitely wont get relegated though, not the worst team we have played this season at all.

This is the mystery of the season. Even our manager doesn't know why. Shape shifting reptiles are involved somewhere I bet

4 hours ago, Cjay90 said:

Where do you stand (sit) Cjay ? I am in the South Upper. 

Totally agree with Rovers. Not a chance they will go down. Over the 2 games its 4-4 on agg. Some very capable players but a different beast yesterday than at Ewood. A good win and i am certain they will pick up points and push up the league.

4 hours ago, Cjay90 said:

Not the worst team we have played this season at all.

The "Not the worst team we have played this season at all" beat you at Ewood Park and, but for stupid defensive lapses in the last 4 minutes, would have done the double over you.

Finally, I would like to say that Leeds are definitely not the best team we played this season. That accolade belongs to Sheffield United..

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The "Not the worst team we have played this season at all" beat you at Ewood Park and, but for stupid defensive lapses in the last 4 minutes, would have done the double over you.

Finally, I would like to say that Leeds are definitely not the best team we played this season. That accolade belongs to Sheffield United..

Steady on mate. In the first half with a bit more composure and luck it would of been game over after 45 mins. The penalty was soft and the free kick was a massive keeper error. I actually thought we looked jaded and struggled yesterday but showed enough spirit and strength to get the much deserved win.

West Brom are the best team we have played by a country mile. Norwich and possibly Reading are the worst but Norwich are 2nd.

Sheffield United wont make the play offs.

We go mad on how good Sheff Utd were that day but we were absolutely appalling, they would have beaten us with 9 on the pitch that night.

Not so sure they're that good and subsequent results do suggest that. An ageing front 2 of Sharp and McGoldrick is hardly one to put shivers down the spine either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

We go mad on how good Sheff Utd were that day but we were absolutely appalling, they would have beaten us with 9 on the pitch that night.

Not so sure they're that good and subsequent results do suggest that. An ageing front 2 of Sharp and McGoldrick is hardly one to put shivers down the spine either.

Sharp is still as good a finisher as anyone in the League. He might be 32 but there still aren't many better strikers than him in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I will say it now the Blunts wont make top 6. Their manager is a clown.