BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Zak Gilsenan

I’ve just read on Facebook that he’s signed for our academy after joining from Liverpool. He’s been tagged as the Irish Messi and was at Barca before joining Liverpool. Anyone else heard anything about him joining? He’s still only 15 so definitely one for the future but he was hyped up as some sort of Wonderkid a few years ago.

The Irish Messi tag is funny though. Could they not just call him the new Duff and somewhat manage expectations around the lad?!

God I'd take the new better than Aidan McGeady but not quite as good as Duff right now to be honest 

Actually I see he is also eligible to play for England and Australia. Does being called the Irish Messi mean he has to declare for us?? It should. After Rice and Grealish God knows we need to be thrown a bone 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Whilst it's exciting, player development from 11 to 16 is massive. Whilst the experience can only do him good and he obviously has an abundance of talent you have to ask yourselves why Liverpool haven't tied him down or one of the bigger clubs haven't signed him after he left Liverpool. If he's as good as people make out then he could be worth 100 million in a few years. Look at dele alli for example. I find it hard to believe Liverpool would let him slip out there hands or a united city etc haven't offered him the earth. Have rovers pulled off the coup of the century or has his development stagnated as so many do. Does anyone know the reason he left Liverpool ?

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Whilst it's exciting, player development from 11 to 16 is massive. Whilst the experience can only do him good and he obviously has an abundance of talent you have to ask yourselves why Liverpool haven't tied him down or one of the bigger clubs haven't signed him after he left Liverpool. If he's as good as people make out then he could be worth 100 million in a few years. Look at dele alli for example. I find it hard to believe Liverpool would let him slip out there hands or a united city etc haven't offered him the earth. Have rovers pulled off the coup of the century or has his development stagnated as so many do. Does anyone know the reason he left Liverpool ?

Have to admit that this was my first thought too. 

Can understand the move from Barcelona but to then be wanted by Liverpool and United before choosing the former - how has he found his way here?  

Whilst the media calling any kid with a bit of skill the next messi is crazy, he’s defo one to watch, many players his age take a step down from so called ‘big clubs’ as there is no pathway there. Instead is sitting in an under 23 squad when he is of age at Liverpool he now hopefully will be pushing first team.

i know he scored from about 25 yards yesterday and assisted two in a 3-1 win for the under 16s yesterday against Valencia.

• 4 months later...