BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

6920938F-AC71-4804-9732-F0BB0E9819A3.thumb.jpeg.e8f1c414c7dc1594b7f69e7e1494c4ef.jpegRovers take on the recently relegated Swansea who are managed by Graham Potter. Swansea’s form is average, losing to Dean Smiths Aston Villa the previous Saturday. Winning 4, losing 4 and drawing 5 of their games this season.

Swansea have some decent players - notable mentions; Ollie Mcburnie- a Scottish 6 foot 2 centre forward with 4 goals this season. Leroy Fer - a Netherlands central midfielder who has played much of their previous 3 seasons in the prem. Finally - the wingback Martin Olsson, the Swedish international who developed at Ewood! 

Rovers go into this game on the back of two wins - looking to push further into the playoffs. From my point of view I think a point would be perfect but it’s hard to reign in my excitement with Rovers so I’ll plump for a 2-0 victory with an early goal in each half 

Pictures/video from last time we met - who can forget how well Josh King did in that game. 

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic

We dare to travel in hope.

Yes Swansea can certainly beat us

Swansea dropping last season was a bit of a surprise so they will have something about them.

But we know Mowbray will have done his homework, he will set up his team to nullify them and optimise our chances of returning with at least a point.

Criminal that Bowyer didn’t get that side into the play-offs. An embarrassment of riches that meant Alan Judge couldn’t even be squeezed in and King was hardly picked.

It’ll be a bit different this time out I expect.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Rodwell Evans

Reed             Dack       Armstrong

Graham

Subs Luetwiler Williams Smallwood Conway Palmer Rothwell Brereton

For me that more or less picks itself but I can't actually see that being the starting line up. You could give Evans and Graham a rest and start with Rothwell and Brereton.  I expect Mowbray to start with Smallwood though.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Rodwell Evans

Reed             Dack       Armstrong

Graham

Subs Luetwiler Williams Smallwood Conway Palmer Rothwell Brereton

Reed coming off with a tight hammy could be unfortunate,think he won’t be risked,I’d  stick Travis at right back and move Bennett up if Reed doesn’t make it,don’t think TM would though.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

For me that more or less picks itself but I can't actually see that being the starting line up. You could give Evans and Graham a rest and start with Rothwell and Brereton.  I expect Mowbray to start with Smallwood though.

I wouldn't be surprise if Brereton starts. depends if Reed is fit from what Unsall is saying and Evans aswell. wouldn't start Rothwell in centre midfield

4 minutes ago, unsall said:

Reed coming off with a tight hammy could be unfortunate,think he won’t be risked,I’d  stick Travis at right back and move Bennett up if Reed doesn’t make it,don’t think TM would though.

if that's the case I would start Rothwell wide 

• Like 1

This is my first away game of the season. Making a day / night of it - shall enjoy a couple of ales on the Gower and then Wind St in Swansea centre! 

I went to our only previous competitive match at the liberty stadium in April 2012 - it was a disaster - culminated in leaving the match with 30 minutes to go at 3-0 down and ending up ridiculously inebriated on Wind St! 

The difference between the manager and players re both these matches is telling. We currently have a fantastic honest manager and a squad of players who care and give their all.

Back then we had Kean and a bunch of overpaid useless mercenaries, albeit Nzonzi played that day! Anybody who went that day will recollect how spineless the performance was. Also rumoured that Givet punched Kean in the dressing room before hand and he was mysteriously left out of the match day squad. 

Play like we did yesterday and hopefully this visit will be more positive than the last! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, david brent said:

This is my first away game of the season. Making a day / night of it - shall enjoy a couple of ales on the Gower and then Wind St in Swansea centre! 

I went to our only previous competitive match at the liberty stadium in April 2012 - it was a disaster - culminated in leaving the match with 30 minutes to go at 3-0 down and ending up ridiculously inebriated on Wind St! 

The difference between the manager and players re both these matches is telling. We currently have a fantastic honest manager and a squad of players who care and give their all.

Back then we had Kean and a bunch of overpaid useless mercenaries, albeit Nzonzi played that day! Anybody who went that day will recollect how spineless the performance was. Also rumoured that Givet punched Kean in the dressing room before hand and he was mysteriously left out of the match day squad. 

Play like we did yesterday and hopefully this visit will be more positive than the last! 

Well i can say there will be at least 3 of us then knocking around the centre from dinner time onwards.

Swansea as  to be one of the cheapest places i have found for guest houses,loads of choice and with no work the day after it makes sense for me to make a day of it..Looking forward to it now especialy after the Leeds result ..

Edited by den9112
  • Like 2