BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Criminal that Bowyer didn’t get that side into the play-offs. An embarrassment of riches that meant Alan Judge couldn’t even be squeezed in and King was hardly picked.

It’ll be a bit different this time out I expect.

What a total waste of resources.I think we were in the play off positions just once... for a few hours...

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What a total waste of resources.I think we were in the play off positions just once... for a few hours...

That squad under TM would absolutely waste the rest of the league. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's too overly cautious at times but he's not daft enough not to realise that with cairney, Rhodes, gestede, Duffy, Hanley, king and Conway in his prime at his disposal he'd walk this division. That was an embarrassment of riches criminally underused imo.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 7

This is a tough one to call.. after Saturdays performance I feel we can beat anyone on any given day, and Swansea are not in the greatest form at the moment.  So should we expect another fantastic away days?  Whatever happens, I expect us to come out with a similar approach to what we did against Stoke, however hopefully we dont have the same 2nd half drama.  I spoke with Swansea City supporter Buddy Hill about the match, and got his opinions as we edge closer to kick off. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

That squad under TM would absolutely waste the rest of the league. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he's too overly cautious at times but he's not daft enough not to realise that with cairney, Rhodes, gestede, Duffy, Hanley, king and Conway in his prime at his disposal he'd walk this division. That was an embarrassment of riches criminally underused imo.

? 

Always had a soft spot for Swansea as many years ago I worked there as a sales rep for Cadbury’s, one of my accounts  being a chain of shops owned by ex-Rover Barry Hole and his brothers, “Give us a goal, give us a goal, Barry Hole, Barry Hole!” Also proposed to my wife on Mumbles seafront. Swansea has its rough parts but no worse than Shadsworth.

Rovers 2 (Hole, Rogers) Swansea 1 (Toshack)

20 hours ago, david brent said:

This is my first away game of the season. Making a day / night of it - shall enjoy a couple of ales on the Gower and then Wind St in Swansea centre! 

I went to our only previous competitive match at the liberty stadium in April 2012 - it was a disaster - culminated in leaving the match with 30 minutes to go at 3-0 down and ending up ridiculously inebriated on Wind St! 

The difference between the manager and players re both these matches is telling. We currently have a fantastic honest manager and a squad of players who care and give their all.

Back then we had Kean and a bunch of overpaid useless mercenaries, albeit Nzonzi played that day! Anybody who went that day will recollect how spineless the performance was. Also rumoured that Givet punched Kean in the dressing room before hand and he was mysteriously left out of the match day squad. 

Play like we did yesterday and hopefully this visit will be more positive than the last! 

Remember that day well David but for similar reasons you highlighted! I'd planned to be there myself Tuesday night but my back had other ideas! I hope you bring back the 3 points this time! Have a great trip pal.

• Like 1

I went to the 3-0 defeat back in 2012. That goes down as one of the all time lows at the nadir of the Kean days. An utterly abject, embarrassing performance and Swansea wiped the floor with us.

2 days off work booked, £30 ticket bought and a 10 hour round drive ahead, be nice to come back with something.

• Like 1

I think we will need to rotate the squad to keep the performance levels up also bearing in mind the game at the weekend is also a very tough game. Something like:

Raya

Bennett  Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed  Rodwell

Palmer       Dack    Armstrong

Brereton

Then bring back Graham, Evans and Smallwood for the WBA game. 

1 minute ago, benhben said:

I think we will need to rotate the squad to keep the performance levels up also bearing in mind the game at the weekend is also a very tough game. Something like:

Raya

Bennett  Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed  Rodwell

Palmer       Dack    Armstrong

Brereton

Then bring back Graham, Evans and Smallwood for the WBA game. 

I agree with the general idea of resting players, but I think it would be too much to leave all of those 3 out. It is a tricky balancing act. I would leave Evans in the middle and have Reed on the right instead of Palmer. Graham has to start, he is key to everything we do. 

Nyambe is back Saturday, which is great. Davenport not far off either. Tony will have some tough decisions to make 

8 hours ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Just decided to go tomorrow night. Driving. Anyone got any thoughts/advice on best route? Plan to leave circa 12 noon.

Or M6, M56, M53 and then the a483 Chester to Swansea. That’s the way I am going as the M6 is just a nightmare. I reckon I can do it in just over 4 hours. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, david brent said:

Or M6, M56, M53 and then the a483 Chester to Swansea. That’s the way I am going as the M6 is just a nightmare. I reckon I can do it in just over 4 hours. 

I would have thought that route will take well over 4 hours.