BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

Just now, Stuart said:

Got it wrong tonight Mowbray. From 4th to 7th and goal difference knackered again. We didn’t deserve to concede three - but we did.

We need a striker in January. We can’t rely on Graham and we have nobody on the bench to create.

Dack is looking like he needs a break but without him and Graham we are relying on set-pieces and penalties.

Total contrast to the Leeds game.

We need to get out of the Brereton deal somehow.

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

Not sure What Palmer has done to p1ss Mowbray off but bar some OTT PDA on Instagram today, he’s been nowhere to be seen for weeks! Rothwell deserves more game time than he’s currently getting as well. I suppose we have to write tonight off as a bad day at the office and hope we can respond with a performance on Saturday. Though, with how WBA have started, I have my doubts we will beat them...

Rothwell and Palmer must be shit a five a side . 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DE. said:

Acceptable first half. Really poor second half. Swansea ultimately wanted it more. We ran out of energy and desire. Completely disagree with the sentiment that Swansea didn't deserve the win - they did. Time to move on from this one.

As soon as Brereton arrives on a permanent we should send him out in loan somewhere else. Totally serious. The boy isn't ready and massively weakens us when he's on the pitch. 

I'm not saying you're wrong but for a club in our position that's mental.

Transfer window not looking great so far.

Armstrong:. Very hit and miss

Rothwell:. Looks the best player we've bought but never starts.

Rodwell: ok in mid, poor at back.

Davenport: no sign of him.

Reed: best signing by a mile (but not ours)

Palmer: glimpses of talent but not justified a first team place.

Brereton: Dear lord.

Think the blame for the collapse in the second half is down to the manager. At half time you have your set up and shape spot on then bring your striker off and put the new sub striker on the left wing while putting a midfielder up front.

Brereton hasn't been brilliant but be honest. If you don't play to someone's strengths they will under perform. It's like putting graham up front and asking him to stretch the defence and run in behind. It doesn't work.

The lad should have been put up front in the 4231 formation that we started with and told to stretch the defence. That way the midfield stays solid and you keep the team shape.

Games result is down to the manager. How he couldn't see that Bennet was getting skinned time and time again in the second half I'll never know. 

• Like 2

Good 1st half performance. 

Poor second half performance after their lucky 1st goal. Didnt react enough the players after that. 

Dont like this Dack up front with Brereton and Armstrong wide one bit from Mowbray. He needs to start Brereton up front and Rothwell in Midfield. 

We had enough chances to score 2-1 down, Dack, Bennett and Reed. 

Disappointed result hopefully for a much better performance and result on Saturday. 

COYB

TMBWA

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Acceptable first half. Really poor second half. Swansea ultimately wanted it more. We ran out of energy and desire. Completely disagree with the sentiment that Swansea didn't deserve the win - they did. Time to move on from this one.

As soon as Brereton arrives on a permanent we should send him out in loan somewhere else. Totally serious. The boy isn't ready and massively weakens us when he's on the pitch. 

I’m getting really concerned with Brereton now. I want him to come good as he’s our player, but if we keep putting him in and he keeps failing to deliver, it could ruin his confidence....

• Like 1

We completely gifted them that. First half we were in control and Swansea looked like they were going through the motions.

We can't keep ending up with 3 players out of position when we take Graham off. Dack isn't a striker, Brereton isn't a winger.

So frustrating to throw away a game we were comfortable in.

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

This isn't due to anything brereton has done and he hasn't had long to prove anything so not a dig but when you have watched football for a long time sometimes you just get a feeling based on very little and I just have one with brereton that he isn't going to be the player we all hoped for. Something about him just doesn't feel right. Hope I'm wrong

I hope there isn't a touch of the Grabbi's to this one i'd love to know who was involved !

Thing is TM is obviously going to go softly softly with him but he SHOULD be getting his ten mins here and there up front but they seem to be trying to add the lone striker string to Dacks bow, probably in the hope of adding a few more 0's.....

Failure to add another proper striker to back up Graham is the main problem though and something many of us highlighted in the window. One nil up away under pressure of looking to keep it at 1-q after and equalizer when they are in the ascendancy you need another big unit, proper target man. Too many small lightweights too easily knocked off the ball we have instead who are only effective on the break with balls on the deck.

• Backroom
Just now, booth said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but for a club in our position that's mental.

Yep.  But then so is spending £7m on 'one for the future' when we have serious issues that need addressing in the present. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Graham Potter outclassed Tony Mowbray in the 2nd half.

Great subs by him.

I think Brian Potter would have outclassed Mowbray in that second half.

Graham off and Brereton on the wing just doesn't make sense. Play the poor bugger up front!!

Just now, booth said:

We need to get out of the Brereton deal somehow.

Sale of Goods Act 1979 Section 13 (1):

“Where there is a contract for the sale of goods by description, there is an implied [F1term] that the goods will correspond with the description.”

We were sold a Championship regular and were given a League One sub.

Either Mowbray is using him wrong or he bought a dud.

5 minutes ago, booth said:

3-1 though... You wouldn't have thought it at half time.

yeh and no Booth.We all knew we'd invite a rejuvenated Swansea on second half. It's always a case that that's what we'll do when we're in front at half time. We're shit at it. Bloody hell we were 3 up at Stoke and lucky to get out of jail. I up tonight and...................