BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sale of Goods Act 1979 Section 13 (1):

“Where there is a contract for the sale of goods by description, there is an implied [F1term] that the goods will correspond with the description.”

We were sold a Championship regular and were given a League One sub.

Either Mowbray is using him wrong or he bought a dud.

On the plus side , we don't have to worry about the additional cost of any  x number of  goals scored add on

Edited by perthblue02

Goals definitely change games. If their equalizer had been an inch either side it would’ve been saved or gone out. If Benno has slid that one across the goal, 2-2. Ditto the save from Dack.

End of the day we didn’t create enough up front, before and after Graham went off, and all three of their goals came from runs at the middle of our defence, which has dented my positivity to date on Rodwell.

• Like 3

Just now, perthblue02 said:

On the plus side , we don't have to worry about the additional cost of any  x number of  goals scored add on

Good news! We can also deduct the game bonus and substitute bonus. The £6m will pay for itself. ??

Hope we aren’t paying him per goal in training though. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

The second half was one of the worst managerial performances I have ever seen, an absolute disaster. Changing the whole system when we were comfortable, putting a £6m striker out wide and an attacking midfielder upfront on his own, just ridiculous.

A bit ott but agree with the second bit and not for the first time it was like a game thrown, not on purpose far from it but just for the sake of trying something else when at the time there was no real need.

TM over cooking it, again !    But away from home against a good side with only a few hundred hardcore followers there is the time these crafty managers try these things because they have all the ready made excuses there on a plate if it backfires - which it did tonight.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Goals definitely change games. If their equalizer had been an inch either side it would’ve been saved or gone out. If Benno has slid that one across the goal, 2-2. Ditto the save from Dack.

End of the day we didn’t create enough up front, before and after Graham went off, and all three of their goals came from runs at the middle of our defence, which has dented my positivity to date on Rodwell.

I was a bit surprised that Williams didn't sub for Lenihan.

I don't think Brereton was (as) poor tonight, but it's the whole package of changes like people are saying that caused the collapse...

Why swap Reed and Armstong at half time?

Why take Graham off and play that personnel in that formation?

Why does Bennett play so rubbish when we're on the ??

Fact remains the game was a 0-0 (besides a clear penalty gifting us a goal) until they get oh so unlucky/lucky for their first after 65mins. Then we fall apart for 15 mins before Bennett should score and keeper makes a great save from Dack for 2-2, within 40 seconds it's 3-1.

Not as bad as Bristol City 2nd half, but far too many similarities... not least at the feet of the managers poor tactical changes. 

Does anyone know when we travelled down, the commentator said we took a 5 hour coach ride... looks like they might have done that this afternoon given how quick they fell off the pace last 30 mins.

Lots to learn from our away performances of late...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Yep.  But then so is spending £7m on 'one for the future' when we have serious issues that need addressing in the present. 

He was signed to appease the fans, after a shite transfer window, simple as. The club knew we needed a centre half (Rodwell on a free doesn't quite do it) and it was damned obvious we needed wingers, but neither arrived. We just ended up with a hat full of numbers 10s in Rothwell, Palmer, Davenport and to an extent Armstrong, who's positon I just don't know, the lads so inconsistent, but he isn't a winger, and he can't play up front on his own. We also needed a good backup for Graham but didn't get one, we signed some young lad for 7 million who doesn't play at all, even when graham is knackered. 

If the plan at the beginning of the season was to sit on any kind of lead we generated in any game, then why didn't we sign a quality defensive mid, as smallwood is average and why didn't we sign some defenders who can defend a lead at this level. 

Edited by AAK
  • Like 2

I absolutely love Mogga but i'm sorry, he cost us the game tonight. This Brereton out wide tactic is madness, how's he supposed to step up and fill Grahams shoes out wide? Dack hasn't the pace or physicality to play lone striker. The odd occassion it was played long to Brereton he looked dangerous. Can't understand it at all. Rothwell change was too late. 

I'll always give credit where it's due but TM has to take this one on the chin for me. 

• Like 3

We need to figure out a way to play when DG is subbed because we are usually only drawing or leading by 1 goal when he goes off.  We don’t know if Brereton can do a job as lone striker because TM never plays him there.

• Backroom

It's hard to understand Mowbray's obsession with playing strikers out wide. We had it last season with Antonsson, Armstrong and Samuel, now we're seeing it with the latter two and Brereton. If you want to play with wide players, buy wide players, not strikers or no 10's to shoe horn uncomfortably into that position. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but here goes. We look very, very good 

Please don’t get ahead of yourself again, oh and we ended up looking very, very bad.

• Like 3

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't care how many star jumps he can or can't do it's time for Rodwell to be let of the lead and start 

Looked a bit fragile at centre half. Maybe joining the game didn't help as opposed to starting but seems a bit flat footed at CB. Don't think he reads the game the same as if his instincts are not those of a centre half.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Looked a bit fragile at centre half. Maybe joining the game didn't help as opposed to starting but seems a bit flat footed at CB. Don't think he reads the game the same as if his instincts are not those of a centre half.

Sorry I edited it. I meant rothwell

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

tI don't think saying we looked good was getting ahead of anything, it was the truth up to that point, we had looked good. 

Best time to start beating your chest regarding Rovers is just as the referee is blowing his whistle for full time.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

What a disappointing night, we were comfortable and threw it away (not the first time weve thrown away a match this season) and Mowbray has to be the main man responsible, predominantly for 2 reasons:

- He simply had to prioritise signing a centre back in the summer. Not interested in excuses, or theories about not being able to get Bauer. Look elsewhere if need be. Jack Rodwell is a good technical footballer but hes never a centre back in a million years, that needs to stop. We need to pray that Lenihan has just picked up a knock. You can not get through half or even a full season with 2 competent centre backs. Beyond that, weve one more centre back who is nowhere near good enough (why did Mowbray make Downings deal permanent?) and then you are playing square pegs in round holes beyond that. Do that and expect to concede goals.

- He needs to file the Brereton wide, Dack up front experiment under failed experiments along with playing 3 at the back. It quite simply doesnt work, and hes hanging his 6m striker out to dry by playing him there. Again I dont think he was too bad but hes never a wide man, nor is Dack a striker. I dont think the fact that when Graham was taken off things started to fall apart was a coincedence.

Otherwise, I'd suggest that Elliott Bennetts performance was possibly the worst individual performance I've seen from a Rovers player this season. Does he realise that to make a tackle, he doesnt have to slide? He was caught miles out of position so many times, and was targeted as a liability. He isnt a right back and while Nyambe is out, I would play Reed at right back who impressed there for Norwich last season. Again, its square pegs in round holes though. Rodwell, Bennett, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, 5 players out of position, half a team. No wonder we became so disjointed.

Mulgrew was our best player by a country mile. Evans and Smallwood were good in the first half but soon became out done in the middle.

Raya was very slow coming out off his line to give Celina an easy third. His kicking was also diabolical.

Not sure what to make of Rothwell. I do like his energy and drive but I'm not convinced he does anything constructive with the ball. Also dont get what Palmer has done to fall so far down the pecking order. Hes already got 3 goals, his individual quality was key in winning at Bolton, yet he doesnt seem to get a sniff. A waste of a very talented player.

• Like 7

After a good first hour where we were comfortable (although a bit to much side ways and backwards passing for my liking) and Swansea didn't look like scoring then a wonder strike changed the game and much like at Bristol City we looked like rabbits in the headlights. I think we lack a real tough leader on the pitch to bang a few heads together and keep our heads up when the going gets tough as the second and third goals were such poor goals to concede one pass through the middle and they were in on goal.

The Graham sub was an awful one from Mowbray because we lacked any presence up top and the ball was coming straight back at us. I'm confused about Brereton, why is he not being played up front? The lad looks lost out wide. What's Palmer done wrong? He played well at Bolton and hasn't had a minute since. For me he's a better bet out wide than Brereton or Armstorng who was back to looking weak and one dimensional tonight.

Bennett again confirmed tonight that he is not a full back dives into often he was out of position to often and skinned regulary. We need a proper full back as back up to Nyambe. And for godness sake Mowbray get Williams back in the team over the useless Bell.

Raya's kicking awful again when it didn't go out of play it was aimed at Armstrong (the smallest player in our team). 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

I'd be tempted Saturday to go:

Raya

Nyambe Williams Mulgrew Bell

Reed Evans

Palmer Dack Arma

DG

That would be my team maybe even bring Rothwell in too, so disappointing to throw that away tonight. I love you Mowbray but if you’re going to play Brereton, either play him up top or don’t play him at all!! Must be absolutely ruining the lads confidence having to play in a role he’s not used too out wide. Whether he’s good enough or not remains to be seen but at least give him a chance in his proper position. Feel a bit sorry for the lad.

• Like 2