BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're not making sense Chaddy. Players who like the ball played to feet usually  move in field towards the ball and away from the defenders. Like Graham. Players who play on the shoulder of defenders usually move away from the ball and into the space behind the defenders. Like Armstrong. If you're looking for a player who can do both at top level you're looking at a £50 million pound striker.

Ive already told you the type of player he is

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we did travel down on the day by coach that's just crazy in todays football.

Travelled Monday..

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully they did travel on the Monday, would have been a bad call to have done it Tuesday 

Ww travelled down on Monday. Kasey Palmer posted a video of beating someone on FIFA on the coach. So I would imagine that was on the way down to Swansea

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If lenihan is out Saturday I’d bring Williams in centre half and play Rodwell, Evans and Reid in middle to make us compact. 3 up top to hit on the counter, dack, Armstrong and graham. 

Think last night was a reality check for a few who maybe got carried away after Leeds, I reckon we are a hard working mid table team, which at the start of the season is all we could’ve hoped/asked for. We don’t control games enough, create enough open play chances or defend leads well enough to be considered a promotion contender. There is always times in games we are heavily under the cosh and makes for uncomfortable viewing, especially as we are rarely involved in games where we have 2-3 goal leads. 

Very much a work in progress, bit more quality needed to squad, centre halves, skilful wingers/mids and a replacement/co striker needed for graham. Somebody we can be confident in for hitting double figures for goals- it ain’t Brereton at this stage. Iv rarely seen him have a shot or come close to scoring. Desperate for him to come good but it’s just not happening for him at the moment, everything is just a bit off. Fitness, ball control, passing, impact 

So what's your line up? Is Dack playing on the wing? I don't think that would work

So                             Raya

Bennett       Williams        Mulgrew        Bell

Reed         Rodwell       Evans

Armstrong                                             Dack

Graham

or you thinking this

Raya

Bennett      Williams     Mulgrew    Bell

Reed       Rodwell    Evans

Dack

Armstrong      Graham

Tbh if your picking that 11 then if you want to be compact then your probably best sticking 4-4-1-1 with Rodwell in cm for Smallwood and Williams at CB for the presumably injured Lenihan.

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travelled Monday..

Ww travelled down on Monday. Kasey Palmer posted a video of beating someone on FIFA on the coach. So I would imagine that was on the way down to Swansea

Since when did you become the expert on what "type of player he is". You make out like he wants the ball at this feet but also wants it behind the last defender, hence playing on the shoulder. Which is it? Does he do both?

Besides, how on earth do you know the type of player he is when Mowbray clearly doesn't. You are always so matter of fact with your own opinions but demand endless justification of others' opinions. So annoying.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I thought after the tide turned in their favour Smallwood was one of our better players. He was the only one I noticed repeatedly stick a foot in and break up their attacks. He didn't do much with the ball, but neither did anyone else really 

I thought Smallwood was our best performer in the first half. Swansea’s tactical change did for him and Evans. I also thought Brereton was our most useful forward in the last 15. But then I am going for an eye test this afternoon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Since when did you become the expert on what "type of player he is". You make out like he wants the ball at this feet but also wants it behind the last defender, hence playing on the shoulder. Which is it? Does he do both?

Besides, how on earth do you know the type of player he is when Mowbray clearly doesn't. You are always so matter of fact with your own opinions but demand endless justification of others' opinions. So annoying.

Almost as annoying as every thread clogged up with people dissecting what one poster thinks, said, didn’t say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I thought Smallwood was our best performer in the first half. Swansea’s tactical change did for him and Evans. I also thought Brereton was our most useful forward in the last 15. But then I am going for an eye test this afternoon.

When Graham went off, I thought Brereton was one of our better attackers too, but that's not saying much!

Quotes from Mowbray after the game last night. Why, oh why doesn't he mention Brereton with Dack and Armstrong? 

Danny was a concern, whether we were going to bring him or not. It took us six hours to get here and then there was a lot of waiting about,” Mowbray added.

“Danny is an important player for us and it’s important to have him on the pitch than not but also not to flog him.

“We have other options.

“I think Dack can play that position, Armstrong can.

“I don’t think Danny would have done anything to stop the first goal or done anything about the left winger cutting inside for the second and slide a ball through.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

its very annoying keep reading posts from people like this. 

I have seen him a few times as I have stated a number of times and he did play against us when we won 1 nil at the City when Hoban scored the winner. Also I did posted a youtube video of his highlights. 

I seen him as a great talent and if used properly here he will be great asset to our club

The worrying thing is that we have got a near fully fit squad and yet last night 6 players played some or all of the match out of position. The most worrying thing is that one injury at centre back and we are playing a central midfielder there. We would been better of spending £7 million on a centre back and an alternative to Graham rather than a striker who is stuck out wide where he looks hopelessly lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

They travelled down on Monday and stayed overnight as usual for away games of any distance.

If that's the case Parson why did Mowbray mention the 6-hour coach trip in his after-match quotes ?   See below

"We have been sitting on a bus for six hours but gave a good account of ourselves"
Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Rodwell looks the business in midfield, hopefully Mowbray now puts this centre half thing to bed, unless it was a ruse from the beginning to keep the pressure off him.

And drop Evans or Smallwood? Not happening any time soon unless one of them gets injured.

It’ll be interesting to see if Rodwell signs a new contract in January - and whether that changes anything.

Personally? From what I’ve seen it would be Rodwell and AN other. Any club, especially one that sees itself as upwardly mobile should be constantly looking to improve the side and he offers said improvement to me.

However, you’re right, we would have to serious downturn in results or an injury for a change to be actually made.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travelled Monday..

Wasnt you was it? That would explain your dislike for him... ;)

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

its very annoying keep reading posts from people like this. 

I have seen him a few times as I have stated a number of times and he did play against us when we won 1 nil at the City when Hoban scored the winner. Also I did posted a youtube video of his highlights. 

I seen him as a great talent and if used properly here he will be great asset to our club

Youtube videos are not a valid reflection. Could get you a video that makes Heskey look like Drogba.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

The worrying thing is that we have got a near fully fit squad and yet last night 6 players played some or all of the match out of position. The most worrying thing is that one injury at centre back and we are playing a central midfielder there. We would been better of spending £7 million on a centre back and an alternative to Graham rather than a striker who is stuck out wide where he looks hopelessly lost.

Very much so. Numerous players out of position tends to end one way. The 2 defensive ones are based on imbalanced recruitment (no back up for Lenihan and Nyambe), the attacking ones are needless tactical errors.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quotes from Mowbray after the game last night. Why, oh why doesn't he mention Brereton with Dack and Armstrong? 

Danny was a concern, whether we were going to bring him or not. It took us six hours to get here and then there was a lot of waiting about,” Mowbray added.

“Danny is an important player for us and it’s important to have him on the pitch than not but also not to flog him.

“We have other options.

“I think Dack can play that position, Armstrong can.

“I don’t think Danny would have done anything to stop the first goal or done anything about the left winger cutting inside for the second and slide a ball through.

Aye, mentioned this yesterday.  Very ominous signs that he doesnt even name him!

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Wasnt you was it? That would explain your dislike for him... ;)

Youtube videos are not a valid reflection. Could get you a video that makes Heskey look like Drogba.

Haha on first part. Not played for FIFA for a while. Probably 2013/14. 

Disagree on second part. No one could make Heskey look good. Awful player. Big hype. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haha on first part. Not played for FIFA for a while. Probably 2013/14. 

Disagree on second part. No one could make Heskey look good. Awful player. Big hype. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKXy4vlJAw

Here is a video of goals scored by a brilliant England striker, who as you can see never missed any chances, just scored goal after goal ;)

(and a perfect example of why you shouldnt trust youtube videos to judge players!)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Butty said:

That would be my team maybe even bring Rothwell in too, so disappointing to throw that away tonight. I love you Mowbray but if you’re going to play Brereton, either play him up top or don’t play him at all!! Must be absolutely ruining the lads confidence having to play in a role he’s not used too out wide. Whether he’s good enough or not remains to be seen but at least give him a chance in his proper position. Feel a bit sorry for the lad.

Bereton regardless of fee that’s not his fault, he should however be able to close down and generally run his balls off, he’s not working hard enough on the pitch, neither is Graham. We looked at our best with a high pressing intensity Leeds and last nights first half. Back on BB At Leeds he won a free kick deep into injury time by going down, unlike Gallagher at PNE, I appaulded that,  Minutes before he ran the ball out of play for a throw in something so basic.

Seen a few suggest he did okay last night. He didn’t, was unlucky with the sitter but he was woeful like the other 10 in the second half. He’s struggling to get a ball to stop bouncing near his feet and his lack of pace is evident, that composure just ain’t there. He’s not a natural in front of goal for me. I’m not sure yet if he’s just unfit, lacking strikers scoring goals confidence or just mentally not sharp enough.

WBA is a free hit so saying the above is give him one last go and tell him to put a shift in. Love Rothwell but despite his drive I think he’s better suited to the centre where he can run with the ball. He’s not quick enough for the wing and seems to hesitate once there.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKXy4vlJAw

Here is a video of goals scored by a brilliant England striker, who as you can see never missed any chances, just scored goal after goal ;)

(and a perfect example of why you shouldnt trust youtube videos to judge players!)

I never mention anything about trusting youtube videos. Just said it can give you an insight a player you might never seen before. Which the Brereton one does. Ive seen him play a few times before he joined us. So my opinion is on that NOT youtube videos. 

Hope that answers your point. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Bereton regardless of fee that’s not his fault, he should however be able to close down and generally run his balls off, he’s not working hard enough on the pitch, neither is Graham. We looked at our best with a high pressing intensity Leeds and last nights first half. Back on BB At Leeds he won a free kick deep into injury time by going down, unlike Gallagher at PNE, I appaulded that,  Minutes before he ran the ball out of play for a throw in something so basic.

Seen a few suggest he did okay last night. He didn’t, was unlucky with the sitter but he was woeful like the other 10 in the second half. He’s struggling to get a ball to stop bouncing near his feet and his lack of pace is evident, that composure just ain’t there. He’s not a natural in front of goal for me. I’m not sure yet if he’s just unfit, lacking strikers scoring goals confidence or just mentally not sharp enough.

WBA is a free hit so saying the above is give him one last go and tell him to put a shift in. Love Rothwell but despite his drive I think he’s better suited to the centre where he can run with the ball. He’s not quick enough for the wing and seems to hesitate once there.

Think its incredibly harsh to suggest that Graham is not working hard enough.