BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

Recent few games he’s not gone at it as much it’s as if he’s carrying a niggle, But half hearted closing down whilst Dack, Reed and Benno flag themselves is of no use it gives the opposition time. He’s only playing 60 mins, he’s gotta run himself in the ground for me. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Think its incredibly harsh to suggest that Graham is not working hard enough.

9 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I know but the name goes back to a famous banner not a statement of fact.

Now please explain why you think Graham is not working hard enough.

I’m well aware of that... I’m pointing the inaccuracy of it out. ?

If you read the top post of this thread you’ll see mostly my reasoning to what you’ve just asked.

Graham hasn't got the legs to be grafting every game plus he's got knocks and niggles so I wouldn't be expecting much more from him other than being a central quite static target man or lurking to poach in the box.

The main glaring problem is not getting him any decent similar target man back up when we've been crying out for it particularly when Samuel fell foul of injury and the fact he isn't good enough back up anyway.

They chose a raw young lad on instalments and low wages because they seem terrified to spend on something more suitable and risk it being a flop. Personally i'd have bitten the bullet spent a few bob loaned someone half decent in.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

A few observations from watching the game.

1) Rodwell has an incredible passing range/looked to be growing in confidence, but needed reassurance from Raya on ocashions on where to position for corners/free kicks. Still growing in confidence. was really controlling some passes and really opening up play.

2) Bereton looked like he will grow as a player. Really fought at the end when we went 3 goals down. Wish he had shown that determination earlier on. Good at holding up ball but trying to do too much resulting in loosing ball. Mind you Dack could have played a great ball through to him to run onto but chose to shoot from distance instead.

3) Reed great at winning ball and fought but not a natural at crossing  ball or cutting into box (under statement). Meant at times lacked width going forward. Graham lacked service.

4) Dack completely isolated and playing deep in first half few runs but not really getting into or around box. When Bereton came on Dack moved more forward and left midfield exposed. Disappointed in how isolated he was and how little at times he was able to contribute.

5) Graham playing a thankless role and completely isolated up front in first half.

5)Bell lacked confidence going forward

Team looked to be lacking crosses/balls from wing and pushing fast from midfield. no created much really.

Edited by markhayhurst

• J*B unpinned this topic

Raya’s kicking has deteriorated again.

Bennett was uncharacteristically disappointing, regularly outpaced and caught out of position.

Lenihan was sorely missed. Why not Williams? He has that “dog” neceassary when Mulgrew is the other cb. I have big hopes for Rodwell but sometimes he looks lost. He’s not a cb on this showing.

Mulgrew......where would we be without him?

Evans and Smallwood are TM’s choice starters. Evans was impressive mostly, Smallwood less so but both are slow.

Reed started well but finished ordinary.

Armstrong frustrates me.........his push and chase tactic is limited as shown in this game. But he’s not a winger of course.

Dack. We’ve got to make more of this guy’s talents. We’re not getting the ball to him in positions where he can do real damage. Too often he is teceiving the ball on the halfway line. Our attacks from open play were woeful.

Graham is a hero but had his most ineffectual game for a long time.

We need players who can add impetus......Rothwell or Palmer could maybe give us a bit more “go-forward”. (I don’t mean at Danny’s expense!)

i feel for Brereton......I will him on every time he gets the ball. Gotta try to stay patient.

Rothwell........well it’s hard to impress when you are getting a few minutes every time you’re thrown on but at least he has a positive attitude and wants to move forward.

• Like 2