BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea vs ROVERS - 23/10/18 19:45pm

What the hell happened, we are up one nil, holding our own Sansea.not doin much had to get ready.for work.step away fir 5 mins we are losing.  Great save.frome their keeper then 3-1 down.  This team rips your heart out sometimes, was expecting a let down but from the off.  They had me thinking I had it all wrong for a bit.  Lose Saturday now and we could all look a bit silly talking playoffs, thought we were actually.  Oh well, it's Rovers.

12 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Look on the bright side rather win one lose one than draw two

True win one lose two same as 3 draws, you are some kind of optimist.  If we can scab a point at the Hawthorns I'd.be happy with the 4 points from thise 3 games, 2 away.  But that's if.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I read yesterday Mowbray said the bus to Swansea would take 5 hours. That is a long time sitting. Is there no way the squad could have flown there? I'm sure some teams fly there. Is it a money issue? 

If we did travel down on the day by coach that's just crazy in todays football.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

They do fly about a bit and stay over a lot I think so it's odd they didn't for what is one of the longest treks of the season and especially after Saturday. State of the art new coach has to pay for itself though I suppose plus it didn't really affect the first half performance and the second was more to do with Swansea stepping it up and Rovers having a tactical meltdown similar to Bristol away and possibly even Stoke.

Just now, tomphil said:

They do fly about a bit and stay over a lot I think so it's odd they didn't for what is one of the longest treks of the season and especially after Saturday. State of the art new coach has to pay for itself though I suppose plus it didn't really affect the first half performance and the second was more to do with Swansea stepping it up and Rovers having a tactical meltdown similar to Bristol away and possibly even Stoke.

I'm not blaming it for the performance, but I don't think sitting on a bus for 5 hours plus is ideal preparation for a game. 

With the game Saturday away too as you mention, I think they should have made yesterday's trip as easy as possible.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not blaming it for the performance, but I don't think sitting on a bus for 5 hours plus is ideal preparation for a game. 

With the game Saturday away too as you mention, I think they should have made yesterday's trip as easy as possible.

It's got to have an effect. You may start of ok but you won't be at your best.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's got to have an effect. You may start of ok but you won't be at your best.

Ya, I agree. Even going the evening before and staying in a hotel would be better you would imagine. 

I presume Swansea don't drive to every away game 

5 hours sitting on a bus is not good for athletes before a game 

If lenihan is out Saturday I’d bring Williams in centre half and play Rodwell, Evans and Reid in middle to make us compact. 3 up top to hit on the counter, dack, Armstrong and graham. 

Think last night was a reality check for a few who maybe got carried away after Leeds, I reckon we are a hard working mid table team, which at the start of the season is all we could’ve hoped/asked for. We don’t control games enough, create enough open play chances or defend leads well enough to be considered a promotion contender. There is always times in games we are heavily under the cosh and makes for uncomfortable viewing, especially as we are rarely involved in games where we have 2-3 goal leads. 

Very much a work in progress, bit more quality needed to squad, centre halves, skilful wingers/mids and a replacement/co striker needed for graham. Somebody we can be confident in for hitting double figures for goals- it ain’t Brereton at this stage. Iv rarely seen him have a shot or come close to scoring. Desperate for him to come good but it’s just not happening for him at the moment, everything is just a bit off. Fitness, ball control, passing, impact 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If lenihan is out Saturday I’d bring Williams in centre half and play Rodwell, Evans and Reid in middle to make us compact. 3 up top to hit on the counter, dack, Armstrong and graham. 

Think last night was a reality check for a few who maybe got carried away after Leeds, I reckon we are a hard working mid table team, which at the start of the season is all we could’ve hoped/asked for. We don’t control games enough, create enough open play chances or defend leads well enough to be considered a promotion contender. There is always times in games we are heavily under the cosh and makes for uncomfortable viewing, especially as we are rarely involved in games where we have 2-3 goal leads. 

Very much a work in progress, bit more quality needed to squad, centre halves, skilful wingers/mids and a replacement/co striker needed for graham. Somebody we can be confident in for hitting double figures for goals- it ain’t Brereton at this stage. Iv rarely seen him have a shot or come close to scoring. Desperate for him to come good but it’s just not happening for him at the moment, everything is just a bit off. Fitness, ball control, passing, impact 

I don't think he is doing extremely badly or anything, I would say average. The price tag brings more attention on him. From what I have seen of him with the ball at his feet, he has more about him than Samuel or Nuttall. The price tag seems to be leading some to exaggerate how "poorly" he is playing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we did travel down on the day by coach that's just crazy in todays football.

They went down on Monday but the journey took seven hours. A good nights sleep and light training session on Tuesday morning should have prepared them perfectly. I imagine the journey home would have been six hours so I would expect them to be off today.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

They went down on Monday but the journey took seven hours. A good nights sleep and light training session on Tuesday morning should have prepared them perfectly. I imagine the journey home would have been six hours so I would expect them to be off today.

How do you know they went Monday? I am pretty sure I read comments from Mowbray where he said they were going Tuesday, it would take 5 and a half hours so they would leave early and relax there for a while. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pretty sure that's what we did 

Pretty sure we just fabricated that on this board actually. I saw one person during or just after the game questioning if we had driven down on the day since we looked so lethargic. A page later someone was saying 'Did I read we only went down on the day' then it snowballed. Brfcs whispers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pretty sure that's what we did 

We travelled down the day before, I saw something on Conways Instagram on Monday and it looked as though he was on the team bus. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

We travelled down the day before, I saw something on Conways Instagram on Monday and it looked as though he was on the team bus. 

I was told by the Blackburn Police 'Spotter' who was given the information by the bus driver. And to give it credence the Bobby actually stayed in the same hotel as Rovers.

Hopefully everyone trusts a Policeman.

Just now, arbitro said:

I was told by the Blackburn Police 'Spotter' who was given the information by the bus driver. And to give it credence the Bobby actually stayed in the same hotel as Rovers.

Hopefully everyone trusts a Policeman.

We travelled down the day before and got beat, it’s over. No conspiracies here. Let’s hope we travel down to West Brom today just to avoid any more confusion ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm blaming the coach -- but not the journey... ?

That as to be one of the worse journeys i have had for an away match for a long time setting off at 11.00am and not getting to my hotel until 6.00pm ..

So glad i was stopping over as i was shattered ,anyway on the match i thought the game started like a friendly and Swansea were very poor and it was pretty obvious the second half had to see a better performance from them,which it did ...Swansea had there bit of luck with the ball going in off Raya but thats the way it goes and if Dack's effort which produced a good safe had gone in we could have been looking at a point ..But not to be ..I don't dissect a game to much but i am a little confused in TM playing BB in the wide -striker role the lad as talent and and from  what i seen from him last night(and what i have seen from him previously) .....All i can think of isTM he is experimenting for some reason  one never knows ... So it's off to WBA next who have a top home record and have scored quite a few at home this season and on a posotive note  this will feel like a home match as it's only a couple of hours away ..

Edited by den9112
  • Like 1

For the life of me I cannot understand why Brereton was brought on at left wing and Dack put up front. How backward is that? Does he not trust Dack to get back or not trust Brereton to play up front? Or both? Such a bizarre situation. 

Smallwood had a poor game. All three of their goals came from driving runs right through the middle of the park. It's shocking to see them goals conceded at Sunday League level let alone 3 in one professional game!

It was an ok first half but after the 50th minute mark it has to be up there with the Bristol City performance. Awful. I think it's about time some players understand their position in this squad depends entirely on their performances. I'm not using him as a scapegoat but the bottom line is Smallwood hasn't been good enough this season to mean he is a guaranteed starter. It showed that when Evans went off we totally lost control in that midfield area. 

The weekend game is going to be even tougher. WBA score goals for fun and we concede for fun. Expect a high scoring game. It's one we can definitely win as I think their obsession with playing out from the back, despite not being much good at it, will suit the likes of Armstrong and Dack. If we perform anything like we did in that final 40 minutes we could well be coming back shipping another 3.