Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Rodwell, Bennett, Smallwood, Armstrong, Brereton

12 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Nyambe         Lenihan           Mulgrew        Williams   

Reed               Evans

Palmer                       Dack                          Rothwell

Graham 

Like it but not gonna happen unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see that team. I think this game has wholesale changes written all over it 

I can see some changes but I cannot see both Rothwell and Palmer starting in the same match, even one of them starting would surprise me as neither have for a while. Not sure he will put Williams in either, seems he has now decided that Bell is his leftback and I think he has been getting better the more he has played so think I agree with that. Be nice to have Nyambe back though.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I can see some changes but I cannot see both Rothwell and Palmer starting in the same match, even one of them starting would surprise me as neither have for a while. Not sure he will put Williams in either, seems he has now decided that Bell is his leftback and I think he has been getting better the more he has played so think I agree with that. Be nice to have Nyambe back though.

Ya, good to have Nyambe back alright. Probably means Bennett will be in the front 3 so as you say one of Rothwell or Palmer. Good we have options anyway, wasn't always the case over the last few years 

Just now, JacknOry said:

I don't think Bell has shown any sign of improving and looks a poor defender. It's no coincidence that the only clean sheet we have kept in our last 6 league games is when Bell didn't play.

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Reed               Evans

Graham 

Harsh dropping Armstrong who I would rather have on against a team like wba. Palmer isn't the best positionally or defensively, id go as far to say he's pretty awful without the ball, probably why Tony doesn't play him despite his obvious goal threat. Bar that that's the team I'd go with, with Palmer to make an appearance in the second half

Edited by Oldgregg86

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Harsh dropping Armstrong who I would rather have on against a team like wba. Palmer isn't the best positionally or defensively, id go as far to say he's pretty awful without the ball, probably why Tony doesn't play him despite his obvious goal threat. Bar that that's the team I'd go with, with Palmer to make an appearance in the second half

I'm unconvinced by Armstrong at this level. He's one dimensional when he gets the ball and he's a bit to weak for my liking. Also I wouldn't say that Palmer is any worse than Armstrong for tracking back defensively in fact at Bolton I thought he worked hard out of possession. Palmer has that bit of flair to create something which we lack with the exception of Dack. We've scored just 1 goal from open play in our last 4 games and that came from Palmer showing strength and skill.  

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's why he's here i'm not sure I buy into the long term investment model with him I think it's more about a quick turn around in a couple of seasons. That can be the only real reason the Vs have been persuaded to sanction this.

As said before if he comes really good there's silly money in it if not there's still a chance of money back in a season or two bearing I mind it's instalments etc so no way will 7 million have been shelled out if they sold then. If he just plays a bit part this season like he is doing then scores ten next season the ball is rolling....

There's a lot of if's in that.

• Like 1

One tough game tomorrow.

WBA will be looking to bounce back from the home defeat to Derby.

Our best chance could be to get at them from the start and exploit any fragility / lack of confidence following Derby defeat.  We MUST be positive.

Avoiding defeat will be a result but I think we can win and have therefore placed a bob or two on us at 4/1 which I think is a great price for a flutter.

Edited by Mercer

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

One tough game tomorrow.

WBA will be looking to bounce back from the home defeat to Derby.

Our best chance could be to get at them from the start and exploit any fragility / lack of confidence following Derby defeat.  We MUST be positive.

Avoiding defeat will be a result but I think we can win and have therefore placed a bob or two on us at 4/1 which I think is a great price for a flutter.

Classic Mercer FFS :lol: ??‍♂️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Evans has been one of the best midfielders in the division so far. His tacking and interception stats are right up there and that is his main function in the team 

How does that classic Clash song go?

“Contract calling in a faraway town”

?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Raya

Reed               Evans

Graham 

Its just not TM's style is it? He's far too cautious for that. I would love to see how that side coped with WBA. At least we would give them something to think about.

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its just not TM's style is it? He's far too cautious for that. I would love to see how that side coped with WBA. At least we would give them something to think about.

Agree, just cannot see him putting out a side like that as much as I would like him too. Give Dack, Palmer and Rothwell license to cause them problems and they would certainly have something to think about. it will be more like this:

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed/Bennett Evans/Smallwood

Reed/Bennett  Dack  Armstrong

Graham

Also, on a side note, having seen Rodwell both in CM and at CB, I can see why previous managers have played him in CM rather than at the back despite the fact he feels he is a better player in that position. He isn't. Sure, he can play there and is a decent option as cover but he is a far better CM. 

Energy in midfield and pace up top for this I think. Can't see us having much of the ball so it's vital when we break it's with speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Graham miss out or start as sub. Mowbray mentioned he's struggling with a dodgy back at the moment. 

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed  Evans

Rothwell         Dack       Armstrong 

Graham

Just now, benhben said:

Energy in midfield and pace up top for this I think. Can't see us having much of the ball so it's vital when we break it's with speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see Graham miss out or start as sub. Mowbray mentioned he's struggling with a dodgy back at the moment. 

Raya

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Reed  Evans

Rothwell         Dack       Armstrong 

Graham

He likes one of the three behind to be a .5 as he says - so expect one of Bennett or Reed there. Be pleased to be proven wrong though. 

Also agree it might be a game where he rests DG and goes with AA up front. 

• Like 1