BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

On 26/10/2018 at 02:49, blueboy3333 said:

What he brings, or rather doesn't bring, to the defensive side of the game,  like Chapman, Palmer etc I would imagine.

Mowbray's first thought is defensive: Can this player close down, will they track back, will they work hard and run until they drop. He's repeated it often enough. 

In fairness, he's right. When we are not 'bang at it' as the phrase goes, with our best players on the pitch and all fresh and full of running, we can get picked off quite easily. The question is does Rothwell fit what Mowbray wants or is it still being drilled into him 'on the grass' that he has to run till he drops? 

Not dis agreeing with the statement, but that being the case why are we so crap at it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder would they come in for Mowbray if Moore got sacked 

Would certainly be a popular choice with their fans. Could you imagine it though? If WBA are already showing an interest in Dack, you would imagine this would intensify. Also, TM would probably also come in for a few of our others too.

On 26/10/2018 at 03:59, tomphil said:

That's why he's here i'm not sure I buy into the long term investment model with him I think it's more about a quick turn around in a couple of seasons. That can be the only real reason the Vs have been persuaded to sanction this.

As said before if he comes really good there's silly money in it if not there's still a chance of money back in a season or two bearing I mind it's instalments etc so no way will 7 million have been shelled out if they sold then. If he just plays a bit part this season like he is doing then scores ten next season the ball is rolling....

Just how is his value going to increase playing him sparingly and out of position.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Would certainly be a popular choice with their fans. Could you imagine it though? If WBA are already showing an interest in Dack, you would imagine this would intensify. Also, TM would probably also come in for a few of our others too.

Ya, I could definitely see it. I wonder would he take it? He is more important than keeping Dack I reckon. Anyway, hopefully not! 

23 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Worried about this one tbh. 

They score for fun but let them in for fun too while we concede for fun and struggle to score in open play.

I have a feeling TM will setup to contain again when I feel we should be more adventurous against them. Sit back too much against this lot and they will just get more confident as the game goes ahead as they will see that we are not going to cause them too much at the back. 

I would argue that this is a game to have AA upfront at some point - possibly from the start. His pace will cause them problems on the break and will stop them playing with a high line - just wish his finishing improves.

And he was not quite so greedy at times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, good to have Nyambe back alright. Probably means Bennett will be in the front 3 so as you say one of Rothwell or Palmer. Good we have options anyway, wasn't always the case over the last few years 

Has Nyambe played in any game since his injury, can we really throw him in now?  Is he really ready?

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I could definitely see it. I wonder would he take it? He is more important than keeping Dack I reckon. Anyway, hopefully not! 

Why give yourself nightmares? I thought you were one of the positive fans!

19 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Just how is his value going to increase playing him sparingly and out of position.

TM is going softly softly with him and I understand that, he knows what he's doing although i'd prefer his cameos to be in his proper position. Got to remember he's probably filling in the Samuel role from the bench although not offering the same positional options as DS but that's down to Mowbray he dropped a bollock by not bringing in another proper big man imo. 

Would BB be getting so many mins if Samuel hadn't pulled up ?  Not sure he would however at some point Tony will chuck him in the middle when we least expect it and he'll score an equaliser or last min winner and bingo he's up and running and there might be a completely different outlook on it overnight.

Fine margins.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Has Nyambe played in any game since his injury, can we really throw him in now?  Is he really ready?

He's back training for almost two weeks. I suppose he had be reintroduced some time. He only missed a couple of weeks anyway, so should be fresh and fit enough 

40 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Think we’ll get well beaten in this one. We’re at our best when we can keep things tight and nick a goal. WBA are a difficult team to stop scoring and we’re not a team that finds scoring easy. 3-1 WBA

same

Their fans think they have a soft midfield and cowardly defense - If Wigan played them off the park not so long ago, we should certainly be able to give them a game. We seem to perform better away too. Not confident of anything but you never know in this league.

Dack

Conway Palmer Reed/Rothwell

Smallwood Reed/Rothwell

Williams Mulgrew Rodwell Bennett

Raya

Is my guess.

How many changes is that from the last game? No out and out striker? Adopting the Barca model of years gone by?

Evans, Bell, Armstrong, Graham dropped/rested.

Could also be :

Dack

Palmer Rothwell

Conway Smallwood Reed Bennett

Williams Mulgrew Rodwell

Raya

Edited by JacknOry

• Moderation Lead

I’ll be honest, it looks an odd line up, none of us before the game could have predicted that! But, if it yields three points, then it will have been the right decision!

Let’s hope it is....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1