BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

• Backroom
Just now, moerpho said:

Never say DIE! This lot....what to say....this would've been like 3-0 or 4-0 under Kean/Bowyer/Coyle/Berg....take your pick from the dross of Venky's managers. 1-1 against West Brom away without strikers, our best defender gone after 15 min and close to 15 min (I think?!) with Richie effin Smallwood in goal?!?! That is absolutely amazing and I'd dare anyone to say they would have done a better job with this squad of players. Not since Hughes (of old) have I seen such a manager at Blackburn Rovers. Keep us in the division with a squad full of League One-players and you should be made a knight by the Holy Board of BRFCS know-it-alls, Tony. A knight....really....?

Oh....and COYB!!!

How would this have been a heavy defeat under Bowyer? Really harsh lumping him in with those managers. 

Just now, moerpho said:

Never say DIE! This lot....what to say....this would've been like 3-0 or 4-0 under Kean/Bowyer/Coyle/Berg....take your pick from the dross of Venky's managers. 1-1 against West Brom away without strikers, our best defender gone after 15 min and close to 15 min (I think?!) with Richie effin Smallwood in goal?!?! That is absolutely amazing and I'd dare anyone to say they would have done a better job with this squad of players. Not since Hughes (of old) have I seen such a manager at Blackburn Rovers. Keep us in the division with a squad full of League One-players and you should be made a knight by the Holy Board of BRFCS know-it-alls, Tony. A knight....really....?

Oh....and COYB!!!

Correct.

Although some baffling stuff but I think TM went to keep it stodgy first half keep it nil nil then open it up in the second, it served us well last season though at times it probably didn't need to be done that way.

Different gravy in this division but today is another day team spirit has got us away unscathed rather than tactics and quality and you need that over a season. Going one nil down away from home isn't the Rovers disaster it has been in recent years anymore this lot are capable of finding a way back we need to remember that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Just replayed it , and from the camera angle on ifollow ,goes over the top of raya and looks like a trailing foot , does look accidental

That's what I thought on 2nd viewing. But then when I watched it again concentrating on the dingle's left foot only - it looks more like he did it accidentally on purpose.

Just now, DE. said:

How would this have been a heavy defeat under Bowyer? Really harsh lumping him in with those managers. 

The way he set up teams we would not have gotten 1-1. Say what you will about Bowyer....great man, good coach, decent manager, big heart for Rovers....but he never instilled that never-say-die attitude to the squad. Still a great man and one I will remember fondly so perhaps a bit harsh to put him in with the others....

• Like 1

Three very hard fixtures this week, and realistically five points or above would have made everyone very happy -  but given the opposition to come away with four points out of nine  is not a bad result. Injuries to some key players are the real issue which could be a problem. Can't fault the team spirit though.

• Backroom
Just now, moerpho said:

The way he set up teams we would not have gotten 1-1. Say what you will about Bowyer....great man, good coach, decent manager, big heart for Rovers....but he never instilled that never-say-die attitude to the squad. Still a great man and one I will remember fondly so perhaps a bit harsh to put him in with the others....

Just shows how time alters perceptions. All i remember reading when GB was in charge was how he had the team fighting for the shirt and made us proud to support Rovers again. 

The king is dead, long live the King, i guess. 

I'd have taken 4 points from leeds, Swansea, west Brom. So overall decent week.

Injuries are a concern, but with this team i think it's one warrior out another one put in.

It's  joy to be a rovers fan for the first time in 10 years.

While there's no such thing as n easy game the fixture list does look a little less daunting for the coming weeks.

First and foremost we need to edge to 50 points. Any luck we may be there btly March 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moerpho said:

I would not put Berg in with those 2 @#/? either.

14 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It’s already hitting twitter.

2D63A519-B142-4585-B03E-7F4F901E64C5.jpeg

Edit: I didn’t make it btw, just stole it from twitter 

10 Bet currently running a poll on twitter 

Richie Smallwood to replace Jordan Pickford as England’s No 1? Currently 95% Yes - 23 hours to go  :)

• Like 2

Wow, how on earth did we get a point out of that. No centre halves, no strikers, a central midfielder in goal, and 10 men for the last 15 mins. Great team spirit.

4 points from those three games is impressive. A lack of centre halves and strikers is now starting to bite. Where on earth is Downing? He’s not that bad.

• Like 1

What an excellent point after losing the three key defensive players and playing with ten men and an outfield goalie.

Until the Raya injury I thought we were going to win it. We were winning a hell of a lot of balls in the top third of the field and some of the stuff we played to feet was really good. 

Ref was worst I have ever seen. We should’ve had two clear penalties and them finish the game with ten men.

As to all the woeful line up nonsense, I thought we looked a lot more dangerous than we did at Swansea. And the Baggies were poor because we won most of the second balls. A point at West Brom is a point won.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 2