BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

What a fantastic result that was today, against a side that's won at Old Trafford, St James and Anfield in 2018 and put 7 past QPR at home.

Once again the fight and determination stands out from manager through the playing staff and superb away support.

We're not as good as WBA, we don't have their resources either, but we more than matched them today and if it wasn't for some awful refereeing we'd have won.

Mowbray has only lost 5 games in 49 someone said today and you login to here and the usual suspects are moaning and groaning. It's not about opinions, it's about moaning for the sake of it, you'd think they'd have learnt after the Mowbray out debacle last season.....

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 6

• Backroom

5 losses in 49 games is a misleading stat when a significant chunk of those games were in League 1 against vastly inferior opposition. You can only beat what's put in front of you but we shouldn't get too carried away with that particular statistic. As far as this season is concerned we're currently 12th, having won 5, drawn 7 and lost 3. I'd say that's pretty good on its own merits. I'd certainly have taken this position had it been offered to me at the start of the season.

Just because we're doing fairly well so far doesn't mean we should ignore what can be improved, though. Echo chambers are easy to find on facebook or certain twitter threads, I'd rather this place remained a decent venue for proper discussion rather than posters repeating "in Mowbray we trust" ad infinitum. He's obviously done a good job so far but we should always be looking to improve. I'd be more concerned if people weren't questioning the decision to have an attacking midfielder as our sole striker when there's a £7m striker on the bench alongside our primary target man. It was a strange decision and had Reed not scored that absolute worldie we'd be talking about a 1-0 loss that could have been a draw or win had we started the match with a proper striker.

• Like 6

Wow what a day

Again 

Vine, superb. Game well tbh we should have won cos they were dire. But the togetherness between the players and fans when Raya went off and Smallwood rocked up in goal was something I'll never forget. 

I love this team! 

• Like 3

So we got a draw away from home to a team who were in the prem last year and would have gone top if they had won today.  

Certain parts of this thread posted today include a lot of comments from some self opinionated no-nowts who should really have a good look at themselves. 

Like ive said before IN TONY WE TRUST. 

COYB

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Do you want a hug?

Please

It’s good to see others agreeing with me to an extent. The big moaners like Bigdog and Adam Rochina need to be checked. Their continuous negativity is poisonous. 

TM has proved he is the real deal and should be given more respect than some give him on here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, Mowbray can do no wrong in your eyes.  It's blindingly obvious what we are missing today.

lying again Mercer, not like you is it?

Didn't I already said I wasn't a fan of this Dack experiment up front

given your statement below you soon switch you tune so quickly. funny

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Tony got his tactics spot on.

In Tony we trust.

Fantastic point all things considered.

45 mins before we got a point you were slamming Mowbray tactics. how two face can you been?

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can we drop the trust Tony mantra yet?

why? cos you stand that he is so good for this football club

4 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

no changes ....dear me lets wait til we are 2-0 down then  eh tony 

you need to calm down during a game, Pleased you dont sit near me at games

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What a fantastic result that was today, against a side that's won at Old Trafford, St James and Anfield in 2018 and put 7 past QPR at home.

Once again the fight and determination stands out from manager through the playing staff and superb away support.

We're not as good as WBA, we don't have their resources either, but we more than matched them today and if it wasn't for some awful refereeing we'd have won.

Mowbray has only lost 5 games in 49 someone said today and you login to here and the usual suspects are moaning and groaning. It's not about opinions, it's about moaning for the sake of it, you'd think they'd have learnt after the Mowbray out debacle last season.....

Onwards and upwards.

Give it a rest - so you were not surprised or nervous witht he fact we started with no strikers? King of the WUMs

3 minutes ago, The Big Picture said:

Please

It’s good to see others agreeing with me to an extent. The big moaners like Bigdog and Adam Rochina need to be checked. Their continuous negativity is poisonous. 

TM has proved he is the real deal and should be given more respect than some give him on here.

BigDog? Now I know you are on the wind up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

So we got a draw away from home to a team who were in the prem last year and would have gone top if they had won today.  

Certain parts of this thread posted today include a lot of comments from some self opinionated no-nowts who should really have a good look at themselves. 

Like ive said before IN TONY WE TRUST. 

COYB

Give over.  He picks a side with no strikers and we trail 1-0 at half time. Of course you can question the selection.  What we do have, and every credit to TM for it, is a great team spirit. 

I think the LT  reporter said the points haul in the champ so far,  is the same as the same as the point return in Mowbray's 15 champ games when we were relegated.  

Have we improved? Did he over- achieve with the relegated team or is he under-performing with this one? Or is there no point debating that because we all know nowt? 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

Just now, The Big Picture said:

Don’t believe me just look back or watch from now on. You seem to want to call anyone who is positive towards TM a WUM. Why is that?

I have not said WUM for about 5 years apart from the two times i said it to you.

BigDog is one of the positive ones on this board, not too far behind Chaddy - you would know that if you read it as much as you say you do.l Irionically, scroll up, Chaddy also admits he wasnt impressed with the lineup and tactics.

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

SHUT DOWN THE FORUM. PEOPLE ARE GETTING UPSET AT OPINIONS ON A FORUM. 

FORUMS OUT.

LETS JUST ALL AGREE WITRH EACH OTHER. FOREVER. 

IN TONY WE TRUST. FORUMS CAN F@CK OFF.

Haha keyboard warrior...calm down. 

On the football, was concerned by the line up before the game but I would probably have taken 4 points from Leeds at home and Swansea and WBA away. Surprised Arma didn't start. 

Spirit and attitude can take anybody a long way in sport and we have both in abundance. However I defy anybody to tell me they weren't surprised at the starting eleven and tactics. This false nine thing is a modern fad probably thought up by some coach to do something which had never been done but I think it's absolute nonsense. Dack was anonymous in the first half and just didn't seem to understand where he was supposed to be playing. Only when Palmer played in the 10 role in the second half did Dack come to life as he has somebody to play with. The second half was as good as I can remember for a long time. The tenacity and aggression was wonderful as we dominated the game with some great football most of which had Reed, Rothwell and Palmer behind it. If I knew beforehand that we would be playing with a back three of Bell, Williams and Travis for a long period I would have had kittens but they were really good. The gods conspired against us today but we beat them too. I asked a Rovers player after the game how David Raya was and he said he had broken his nose. Maybe he can play in a Phantom of the Opera mask next week. And having just seen the challenge the ex Dingle could have pulled out of that but quite simply didn't. That tells me all I need to know.

A good day to be at the Hawthorns today and it's great to be feeling proud of being a Rover.

• Like 8

Just now, benhben said:

Haha keyboard warrior...calm down. 

On the football, was concerned by the line up before the game but I would probably have taken 4 points from Leeds at home and Swansea and WBA away. Surprised Arma didn't start. 

I think we all would have taken a draw. But that does not mean we cannot question why pretty much our entire team were midfielders. Not a striker in sight despite spending 9 million quid on them in the summer.

I do not understand why this is causing so much friction?

• Like 1

Just now, Mark45 said:

You spoil every thread, every week.

I enjoy reading reporting from fans that went to game, please stop being idiot.

And here is another. Please enlighten us further as to why we are not allowed to comment on a starting eleven that contained no strikers?

We might as well just shut this board down or just do as you guys wish and just have a mass orgy about how much we bow to everything that the club and TM does. RadioRovers and other media outlets also were bemused at the lineup - so why dont you go and bombard them as well.

Nobody is calling for TMs head, we all appreciate what he has done and continues to do for the club but taking away peoples opinions is not far short of what your country tried to do a number of decades ago.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

lying again Mercer, not like you is it?

Didn't I already said I wasn't a fan of this Dack experiment up front

given your statement below you soon switch you tune so quickly. funny

45 mins before we got a point you were slamming Mowbray tactics. how two face can you been?

why? cos you stand that he is so good for this football club

you need to calm down during a game, Pleased you dont sit near me at games

Has today changed your opinion on Palmer at all Chaddy? I said yesterday he needed to feature today and he was very lively. One of our best players today I thought. 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Have we improved? Did he over- achieve with the relegated team or is he under-performing with this one? Or is there no point debating that because we all know nowt? 

I'd say he probably did overachieve with our relegated team to some degree (although we weren't as bad as the table suggested when he arrived, a lot of the players had just had the talent and enthusiasm coached out of them), and he's doing about as you'd expect with the current group. Maybe a little better. As we saw last year, Tony has a habit of over-complicating things and we're seeing that again now with this strange attempt at playing a strikerless system. Mowbray's obviously a deep thinker when it comes to football, but sometimes he thinks a bit too much. I can't see us getting relegated under him as long as he's suitably backed by the owners, but at the same time I'd be surprised if we got promoted unless the squad sees significant improvement.

• Like 1