BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

Well where do we start with that one... First up Big Dickie!  What a player... criticized his efforts at time this season but glad he is with us.  Big BALLS stepping up to take over from Raya, and he might not offer the skills needed on the pitch (at times) he is a key cog off it.  His personality is a major factor within this really close knit group.  Next up REEDY BOY! What a goal, what a performance... Is there any chance that we could keep him long term?  He has been immense so far but today he was unbelievable... Make it happen Tony. Snatching 4 points from the past 3 games is a nice haul lets get back to winning ways next weekend! LOVE THIS CLUB.

Edited by @roverseas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Has today changed your opinion on Palmer at all Chaddy? I said yesterday he needed to feature today and he was very lively. One of our best players today I thought. 

He seems to play well today from what I listened to. Good on him. Hppe you proves me wrong. I just hope the penny has drop that in this team is about work rate, desire and passion

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Just got back , excellent 2nd half performance Harrison Reed today was reminiscent of one David Batty before the injuries....

Hope we sign him permanently

We're in a really strange position at the moment, after every result you can't help but be proud of the sheer effort the players put in. One thing that I think is holding us back is that TM still doesn't seem to know his best 11. I honestly believe that consistency will bring consistent results, odd changes here and there are to be expected but i just dont see how we're supposed to get the best out of our better and more technical players when they're being played inconsistently. 

Just now, Neal said:

We're in a really strange position at the moment, after every result you can't help but be proud of the sheer effort the players put in. One thing that I think is holding us back is that TM still doesn't seem to know his best 11. I honestly believe that consistency will bring consistent results, odd changes here and there are to be expected but i just dont see how we're supposed to get the best out of our better and more technical players when they're being played inconsistently. 

How many managers play the same 11 every week? Not many. 

Raya update

#Rovers are pleased to report that, following treatment in hospital, David Raya is travelling back up to Blackburn tonight with a member of the club's medical department. (1/2)

#Rovers are hopeful that the injury is not as serious as first feared, despite David sustaining a broken nose & having several stitches to a facial wound. A further assessment will be made by our club doctor over the weekend; we hope to provide a further update on Monday. (2/2)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

A huge heart.  Wish we had 10 more.

What a strange comment, that’s a big insult to all the Rovers players, regardless of who TM picks, you can be sure they are all committed to the shirt and every one who has played this season has a huge heart, but according to you we only have Reed.

In fact I would say this bunch of players have the biggest hearts of any Rovers team for a long time, all down to the manager in my opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Raya update

#Rovers are pleased to report that, following treatment in hospital, David Raya is travelling back up to Blackburn tonight with a member of the club's medical department. (1/2)

#Rovers are hopeful that the injury is not as serious as first feared, despite David sustaining a broken nose & having several stitches to a facial wound. A further assessment will be made by our club doctor over the weekend; we hope to provide a further update on Monday. (2/2)

A little better news than at first thought, thanks for the update.

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Fair post. What's frustrating me is while Tony is getting the results and it's hard to question him, I fear we could be getting better results and these strange line ups are holding back a team deemed to be over achieving. Is mowbrays tactics the masterstroke to an over achieving team or is his tinkering holding back a really promising side ?

You could argue the moaners on here are the ones who believe in the team and are a more positive bunch seeing the potential the team has more than the happy that will do Tony , weve only just been promoted negativity lot . .... Discuss ?

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

How many managers play the same 11 every week? Not many. 

Burnley did under Dyche as does Wolves manager. Take a look at most teams who get promoted, they tend to clearly know their best 11. Like I said, changes here and there are to be expected down to injuries etc... But no one can realistically expect consistent results when we're making so many regular changes. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I think we all would have taken a draw. But that does not mean we cannot question why pretty much our entire team were midfielders. Not a striker in sight despite spending 9 million quid on them in the summer.

I do not understand why this is causing so much friction?

And clearly it was a plan that worked - we came away with a point.  Job done!  Any manager selects his team based on the plan he has to gain some reward from a game.  It's irrelevant how much they cost or who is on the bench - it's whether they can do a job or not and this team was capable of carrying out the plan and getting some reward despite a spate of injuries.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fair post. What's frustrating me is while Tony is getting the results and it's hard to question him, I fear we could be getting better results and these strange line ups are holding back a team deemed to be over achieving. Is mowbrays tactics the masterstroke to an over achieving team or is his tinkering holding back a really promising side ?

It's not that i'm blaming him, far from it, he's assembled a great squad of players that he has to manage and keep happy, it's a tough task. For me, there isn't space for Conway anymore, second half he gave the ball repeatedly and his crosses never beat the first man. That's a space that Brereton could have to get vital minutes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Exactly, terrific game to watch, we might not have the best side in the league, but they are all diehards, think we deserved a win today.

first 70 minutes we could have won it , the last 20 minutes we showed some bollocks.

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

It's not that i'm blaming him, far from it, he's assembled a great squad of players that he has to manage and keep happy, it's a tough task. For me, there isn't space for Conway anymore, second half he gave the ball repeatedly and his crosses never beat the first man. That's a space that Brereton could have to get vital minutes. 

Yeah agree re Conway, been a brilliant servant to the club, think we have better players now, Rothwell Palmer and like you say,stick Brereton in there, he’s quick and hopefully he’ll come off, still a big believer in the manager, and think eventually when the injuries calm down he will have a more settled side.

28 minutes ago, Neal said:

Burnley did under Dyche as does Wolves manager. Take a look at most teams who get promoted, they tend to clearly know their best 11. Like I said, changes here and there are to be expected down to injuries etc... But no one can realistically expect consistent results when we're making so many regular changes. 

Fair point but I feel Mowbray likes to tinker and make a couple of changes. We have 7 or 8 deffo starters. 

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

Rodwell did go off injured. 

Mowbray seemed to indicate on radio lancs that Graham wasn't fit and was unlikely to be used even though he was on the bench, Bit strange that Downing wasn't on the bench instead, unless he's injured, considering that Brereton and Armstrong were available as striker cover.

From the commentary and highlights it seems like great spirit to bring that point back.

Superb strike by Reed. Gallagher and co. didn't do it justice on the radio.

I have been saying Graham wont be able to play 3 games a week all the time..

I watched the game in the West Brom end with a couple of West Brom mates. 

Here’s their perspective: 

They expected Mowbray to be tactically better than their manager and it turned out that way too. He knows their team very well, so the Dack up front was for a reason and it very nearly paid off with that blatant penalty we should have had. We made a good side in WBA look pretty average today. 

When Raya was down, Mowbray was rallying all of our players barking instructions, whilst their manager said nothing. 

My 2 pennies worth:

The togetherness and positive culture of our team is something to be really proud about. They never stop working for each other. 

Reed was different class today. Somebody else mentioned a david batty comparison which was spot on today. 

Despite having 2 players on him for much of the game, Dack looks threatening and pulls opposition players out of position for fun. 

Would like to see the Raya foul again- I was right in front of it and my first reaction was that he’d left his boot trailing on purpose. My 2 baggies mates maintain he’s not that type of player..

• Like 2

Broke my nose years ago playing footie when I got a kick in the face. Completed the 90 mins. 

Got home, looked in the mirror, wrapped my  hankerchief around my nose and bent it back into shape.

Ached a bit for a few days but I played the following Saturday.

I expect Raya to do the same. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Broke my nose years ago playing footie when I got a kick in the face. Completed the 90 mins. 

Got home, looked in the mirror, wrapped my  handerchief around my nose and bent it back into shape.

Ached a bit for a few days but I played the following Saturday.

I expect Raya to do the same. 

He might not have a handkerchief.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, unsall said:

What a strange comment, that’s a big insult to all the Rovers players, regardless of who TM picks, you can be sure they are all committed to the shirt and every one who has played this season has a huge heart, but according to you we only have Reed.

In fact I would say this bunch of players have the biggest hearts of any Rovers team for a long time, all down to the manager in my opinion.

Are you two different posters Unsall? Genuine question as without going all grammar police, sometimes you post like this and other times you go off on a tangent with walls of text. 

35 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

And clearly it was a plan that worked - we came away with a point.  Job done!  Any manager selects his team based on the plan he has to gain some reward from a game.  It's irrelevant how much they cost or who is on the bench - it's whether they can do a job or not and this team was capable of carrying out the plan and getting some reward despite a spate of injuries.

Yes it worked, kind of, I do not think anyone is disputing that. Are they? it is just people were attacked for questioning the lineup - were you not surprised? You could argue that WBA were there for the taking, Wigan did them, they were beaten in their last game too. WBA did not look all that and while a draw away is a good result, i really do not think that people questioning not going for somewhat of a different game plan is something that should be shot down as negative.

Isnt that what message boards are for?

45 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You could argue the moaners on here are the ones who believe in the team and are a more positive bunch seeing the potential the team has more than the happy that will do Tony , weve only just been promoted negativity lot . .... Discuss ?

My points in question.

34 minutes ago, Neal said:

So should we now attack you for being negative as you didnt agree on the selection of Conway? This is what I am getting at, this was a strange and confusing lineup that rightly caused iscussion yet many are being lambasted for even daring to question it.

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Are you two different posters Unsall? Genuine question as without going all grammar police, sometimes you post like this and other times you go off on a tangent with walls of text. 

Yes it worked, kind of, I do not think anyone is disputing that. Are they? it is just people were attacked for questioning the lineup - were you not surprised? You could argue that WBA were there for the taking, Wigan did them, they were beaten in their last game too. WBA did not look all that and while a draw away is a good result, i really do not think that people questioning not going for somewhat of a different game plan is something that should be shot down as negative.

Isnt that what message boards are for?

My points in question.

So should we now attack you for being negative as you didnt agree on the selection of Conway? This is what I am getting at, this was a strange and confusing lineup that rightly caused iscussion yet many are being lambasted for even daring to question it.

Have you ever considered that you finding it strange and confusing might possibly be caused by you not having studied hours of videos of West Brom, not having played in and managed c1200 pro games and thus having no idea of the purpose of the formation? 

By all means we should express surprise, it’s the automatic conclusion by many that the manager is clueless that winds up the more open-minded fans.

• Like 8

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Have you ever considered that you finding it strange and confusing might possibly be caused by you not having studied hours of videos of West Brom, not having played in and managed c1200 pro games and thus having no idea of the purpose of the formation? 

By all means we should express surprise, it’s the automatic conclusion by many that the manager is clueless that winds up the more open-minded fans.

Who called him clueless? 

Seriously, by many? 

Show me this many. Quote away those that called him clueless Mr open-minded. 

Most questioned the lineup - I bet even you were surprised.

Way OTT reaction.

• Like 3