BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

Had time to think more about yesterday's game and the more I think about it the worse the referee's performance gets.

There is no doubt the ref is the single factor separating Rovers from three points yesterday. Strange place the Hawthorns as I remember Chris Price getting upended for the most blatant of clear view penalties and it not given. Well there were two more yesterday afternoon.

Yes to the non-footballing outsider the selection again looked a bit odd.

This messageboard is totally unanimous on:

- Mowbray works extremely hard and diligently prepares for every game carefully studying he opposition

- Mowbray thinks a huge amount about the game

- Mowbray has installed the best team spirit at Rovers since, I don't know- Dalglish?

Perhaps he over thinks and when his picks/formations don't work we indulge in the one thing Blackburn folk are world class at- self-pitying moaning. But we have picked up wins where Mowbray thinking outside the box has resulted in selection surprises that have totally bamboozled opposition players and management. Certainly gone are the days of Plan A being totally obvious to all opposition managers who care to look at Rovers and there being no Plan B.

Reed is a phenomenal revelation of a player and get Rothwell's composure right and Rodwell's fitness up to scratch and in the current squad we alteady have the core of a promotion winning team.

Definitely two points dropped yesterday based on the first 75 minutes but what total heroics for 22 minutes after Raya's injury. Huge contrast with the 3-0 defeat under Kean last time we were at WBA- a match which watching from the stands looked very obviously fixed against us.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

By all means we should express surprise, it’s the automatic conclusion by many that the manager is clueless that winds up the more open-minded fans.

This - throw in expressions like "Tony's Tombola" and the lack of respect is irritating.

Difference between "not sure i agree with that line up" and a number of posts on here...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, unsall said:

Exactly, terrific game to watch, we might not have the best side in the league, but they are all diehards, think we deserved a win today.

Honestly, after the game I think we do have the best side in the league. Maybe not in terms of ability, but certainly in terms of heart and character. These players and manager give it their all. I don’t feel envious of any side in the world right now. 

I welled up a little after the game when the whole side went over to applaud the travelling supporters, and I’m not even from Blackburn. It was just nice to see a group of good human beings and it felt good to be a Rovers supporter in that moment. When you think where we were only a couple of years back, it seems like another world.

I get the moaning about the weird substitutions and selections from TM, as they make little sense to me as well. It does feel at times that we are winning points IN SPITE OF the team selections rather than because of them, but what do I know. At the end of the day, if we keep having days like last night I am not going to be one to complain.

• Like 3

Am I alone in not being too happy still about the game yesterday...

Firstly, the penalty decision is one of the worst ive seen its clearly blocked with both hands above his hewd. Shocking!

Rothwell (who I'm a fan of) needs to bury that chance.

The penalty appeal on Palmer looked another pen but maybe those behind the goal can tell me different.

The Palmer mazy run then ballooned effort should be hitting the target.

I'm a big TM supporter and like him a lot but seems common that in games we should win we draw and in games we should draw we lose. Would be nice to start seeing a few more 3-0 wins with little hanging on or panic mode defending.

Happy Sunday men ?

• Like 1

Having seen the Rodriguez 'challenge' on Raya again on TV I have no doubt he has intentionally done him. Raya clearly has the ball and Rodriguez leaves his foot in. The referee thought it was a foul as he gave a free kick. How he hasn't been carded is amazing. I don't buy this not that type of player nonsense. His inflammatory reaction in front of us after West Broms goal should have seen some action from the referee.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, The Big Picture said:

Don’t believe me just look back or watch from now on. You seem to want to call anyone who is positive towards TM a WUM. Why is that?

You seem to call everyone that has a different opinion to you a moaner. Can you stop it please?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

I doubt that our No 2 Keeper is feeling much of the team-spirit, all-togetherness this fine Sunday.

Perhaps he was injured, splinters in the arse.

Away from the romance and heroics of our CM going into goals it was not so much a slap for the Swiss-Canadian as a full on punch in the face.

It confirmed, as I said last season, that he was only signed to get us off at international weekends. Certainly not for his keeping for which he presumably draws wages.

Weird and weirder.

Saw just highlights. Yes Ref cheated us on 2 blatant penalty calls and JR made little effort to avoid Raya, despite claims to the contrary.

Great point, as predicted. 

35 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Am I alone in not being too happy still about the game yesterday...

Firstly, the penalty decision is one of the worst ive seen its clearly blocked with both hands above his hewd. Shocking!

Rothwell (who I'm a fan of) needs to bury that chance.

The penalty appeal on Palmer looked another pen but maybe those behind the goal can tell me different.

The Palmer mazy run then ballooned effort should be hitting the target.

I'm a big TM supporter and like him a lot but seems common that in games we should win we draw and in games we should draw we lose. Would be nice to start seeing a few more 3-0 wins with little hanging on or panic mode defending.

Happy Sunday men ?

Agree with all that, except on this occasion, with penalty decisions not going our way, 3 centre-backs injured, 2 during the game and down to 10 men with no recognised goalkeeper playing, hanging on was all we had left!

But we don't convert enough of our chances. In reality we should have been clear by then.

I must say I was impressed by Palmer. I like his ability to stay upright and plough on under heavy tackles. Immense upper body strength. Definitely an asset who should play more often.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I doubt that our No 2 Keeper is feeling much of the team-spirit, all-togetherness this fine Sunday.

Away from the romance and heroics of our CM going into goals it was not so much a slap for the Swiss-Canadian as a full on punch in the face.

It confirmed, as I said last season, that he was only signed to get us off at international weekends. Certainly not for his keeping for which he presumably draws wages.

Weird and weirder.

Saw just highlights. Yes Ref cheated us on 2 blatant penalty calls and JR made little effort to avoid Raya, despite claims to the contrary.

At the time of Raya's injury we had used all our substitutes. When Williams went down we envisaged us going down to nine men but I think Williams was being cute.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Broke my nose years ago playing footie when I got a kick in the face. Completed the 90 mins. 

Got home, looked in the mirror, wrapped my  hankerchief around my nose and bent it back into shape.

Ached a bit for a few days but I played the following Saturday.

I expect Raya to do the same. 

When men were men and women were grateful. Good times. 

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Weird and weirder.

You do realise that Smallwood only went in goal because we’d already made 3 subs and so we couldn’t bring on Leutweiler, rather than TM just preferring to chuck a CM in goal, don’t you?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

it’s the automatic conclusion by many that the manager is clueless that winds up the more open-minded fans.

Surely the more open-minded fans, by definition, should be open to the possibility that he may be clueless. 

Anyway nice pedestal you've put yourself on there. Keep it clean. There will be a queue forming any minute...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Weird and weirder.

We had all our subs used. It wasn't that Smallwood was selected ahead of Leutwiler!! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

His inflammatory reaction in front of us after West Broms goal should have seen some action from the referee.

That bit was clear on the video. He ran towards the Blackburn fans and his team mates and goalscorer ran the other way. Knobhead. Seen it once but he looks like he could have easily got out of the way of Raya. I'd agree he went to 'do' him. Utter coward. 

Have you ever considered that you finding it strange and confusing might possibly be caused by you not having studied hours of videos of West Brom, not having played in and managed c1200 pro games and thus having no idea of the purpose of the formation? 

By all means we should express surprise, it’s the automatic conclusion by many that the manager is clueless that winds up the more open-minded fans.

Surprised by you posting this. Load of rubbish.

• Moderation Lead

Have you ever considered that you finding it strange and confusing might possibly be caused by you not having studied hours of videos of West Brom, not having played in and managed c1200 pro games and thus having no idea of the purpose of the formation? 

Literally nobody has suggested that the manager is clueless and I’ve just spent the last half an hour reading this thread....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

You do realise that Smallwood only went in goal because we’d already made 3 subs and so we couldn’t bring on Leutweiler, rather than TM just preferring to chuck a CM in goal, don’t you?

I did, then for some reason didn't, now most certainly do.!

If I could remember I would be worried about short term memory loss.

Not my finest moment. lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You seem to call everyone that has a different opinion to you a moaner. Can you stop it please?

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why? Has someone committed a crime only you and Biz are aware of?

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Surely the more open-minded fans, by definition, should be open to the possibility that he may be clueless. 

Anyway nice pedestal you've put yourself on there. Keep it clean. There will be a queue forming any minute...

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Literally nobody has suggested that the manager is clueless and I’ve just spent the last half an hour reading this thread....

You boys fancy having a day off being so precious?

The thread after the teamsheet, during the first half particularly is hilarious. It’s the same every week. It’s also ironic (surely you see this too) to spend your time complaining, about people complaining about people complaining..

See what I’ve done is complain about you complaining about people complaining about complaints. Now I’m hungover.

• Like 1