BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Great minds Leonard although your Alzheimer's doesn't seem as advanced as mine as I wasn't entirely sure about Dino.

I just have an elephant's memory for pain!

I had resigned myself to an undeserved West Brom winner yesterday....The courage of those last 17 minutes sustained us all through a terrible journey up the M6...

Time later to reflect on the absence of another centre forward... 

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Roger Jones was replaced by an outfield player (Don Martin?) in the annihilation at Shrewsbury in the early 70's. I also have an image of David Mail in goal.

Over to Meadows for the answers.

Add to that list Simon Garner taking over in goal some 30+ years ago from O'Keefe (broken leg) at an Ewood night match.  Can't remember the opposition but I seem to recall us winning that one!?

Just now, Mercer said:

Add to that list Simon Garner taking over in goal some 30+ years ago from O'Keefe (broken leg) at an Ewood night match.  Can't remember the opposition but I seem to recall us winning that one!?

Sorry, caught up with the posting - already posted on this page.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Spotted a convo on Twitter. Possibly Andy Kennedy in the League Cup at Exeter in 1989.

That would make sense why was listening to it on the radio rather than at the match . The date would make it Terry Gennoe injured? wouldn't it 

Just looked on 11 v 11 and no teams listed , but we got beat 3-0 and we won at home 2-1 in the second leg. Fourth division at the time

https://www.11v11.com/teams/exeter-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Blackburn Rovers/

No footage of the Exeter game but 10 days later

Edited by perthblue02

3 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I would like to see the incident where Mulgrew got injured again....

Looked a bit similar to Kompany on Lennon but I was a long way off at the back of the stand ..

So would I. Which leads me to my first moan of the day - Rodriguez! I stand to be corrected but pretty sure the challenge on Mulgrew was by Rodriguez....again! Yet all we hear is ‘he isn’t that kind of player.’ I thought he studded Mulgrew very late and high - the fact Mulgrew went off with a rib injury would support far. 

Make no mistake Rodriguez was on a mission yesterday - his reaction to the Rovers fans following the Albion goal was symptomatic of that. How funny was his miss though! 

The Raya incident is a difficult one. It doesn’t seem as bad as when Stephen Hunt did it to Petr Cech. I still maintain Rodriguez could have done more to avoid Raya.

Which leads on to the second moan - the ref! He bottled the handball. Everyone in the ground, including the ref, could see the ball hit his hand. My view a 100 yards behind the ref could see the hands were raised and outstretched in an unnatural position. The ball also travelled a good 5 yards from where Reed crossed. It’s an absolute stonewall penalty and it’s frustrating that a professional ref isn’t giving it. 

Moaning over it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. Felt like a win. I dont mind Albion as a club - similar in stature to us - the hawthorns is also a nice ground. The Vine pub is also a good crack and one of the best ‘away friendly’ pubs around. 

Edited by david brent

2 minutes ago, david brent said:

So would I. Which leads me to my first moan of the day - Rodriguez! I stand to be corrected but pretty sure the challenge on Mulgrew was by Rodriguez....again! Yet all we hear is ‘he isn’t that kind of player.’ I thought he studded Mulgrew very late and high - the fact Mulgrew went off with a rib injury would support far. 

Make no mistake Rodriguez was on a mission yesterday - his reaction to the Rovers fans following the Albion goal was symptomatic of that. How funny was his miss though! 

The Raya incident is a difficult one. It doesn’t seem as bad as when Stephen Hunt did it to Petr Cech. I still maintain Rodriguez could have done more to avoid Raya.

Which leads on to the second moan - the ref! He bottled the handball. Everyone in the ground, including the ref, could see the ball hit his hand. My view a 100 yards behind the ref could see the hands were raised and outstretched in an unnatural position. The ball also travelled a good 10 yards from where Reed crossed. It’s an absolute stonewall penalty and it’s frustrating that a professional ref isn’t giving it. 

Moaning over it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. Felt like a win. I dont mind Albion as a club - similar in stature to us - the hawthorns is also a nice ground. The Vine pub is also a good crack and one of the best ‘away friendly’ pubs around. 

Endorse everything 100% david. IMO Rodriguez was '5 minutes late' on Raya: it was clearly David's ball all day long.

As a footnote: The togetherness of us all left me with a lump in my throat at the end. I haven't been as proud to be a "Rover' for a long time!!

COYB!!!

• Like 1

Everyone on here would have taken a draw before the game, so it is a good point. Yet again it shows we have the most committed team in the league. No-one will see us as an easy game at all.

The only slight niggle is that we had zero strikers on the pitch at the start, yet £8m of new strikers sat on the bench.

If Mowbray wants to play that system, fine, but why spend all of the budget on 2 central strikers in summer.

I think we are going to regret it as these injuries pile up.

Could Wharton be called back from his loan?

Heroic performance I was in London keeping tabs. Seems a Rovers 10 with utter 100% backbone on the pitch, heroes to a man.

On my way home i had the pleasure of 6 drunk wiggon fans on their long way back from Sheffield, somehow they had ended up a Warrington and got on our train. Their comments about Rovers were comical so having let them have it verbal wise their naught 40 plus sixsome headed off home !

Would have taken a point all day long.

2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Home to Ipswich, 87/88 maybe ? and kept a clean sheet . 

Might be wrong but at the back of my mind seem to remember listening to a midweek away game on the radio where it happened as well don't think it was Garner , late eighties? 

I think it was 88, Vince O'Keefe broke his leg and Garner went into the nets. It was a mid-week game. I remember being in the Enclosure so the Riverside was shut for rebuild 

Remember it well it's just another of those games from youth that stands out above others, Garner probably one of the smallest on our team went in goal for quite a spell I think. Made a few saves and I think Hendry dived in amongst flying boots to force home Rovers goal, only about 6k on but the place went bananas and the atmosphere was unreal in the BBE.

That like yesterday is the kind of raw drama that makes you just continue to love live football, some present day kid or teenager will probably remember that West Brom game in 30 years when most have forgotten it !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Everyone on here would have taken a draw before the game, so it is a good point. Yet again it shows we have the most committed team in the league. No-one will see us as an easy game at all.

The only slight niggle is that we had zero strikers on the pitch at the start, yet £8m of new strikers sat on the bench.

If Mowbray wants to play that system, fine, but why spend all of the budget on 2 central strikers in summer.

I think we are going to regret it as these injuries pile up.

Could Wharton be called back from his loan?

Good post, but regarding not playing a striker think that’s the only game he’s done so don’t think it will be a regular occurrence.

Like it or not TM is a complete different manager than the last one, thankfully, ok  he does tinker every week with the team he picks, but to me he is a very astute manager, I, like a lot of fans see the team news at 2 00 on a Sat thinking,wow he’s dropped so a so, but unlike many fans never criticise him till the game is played, and more often than not he’s proved right.

Going back to Coyle, he religiously played 4 4 2 every game not just at Rovers but all the teams he’s managed, he could never change to another system, the opposition must have been rubbing their hands playing us because they knew exactly how we were going to play and also which players were going to be used, and usually beat us.

With TM nobody knows what system, players etc are going to play, he keeps his cards to his chest and gives nothing away, he can change to any system, different players etc and going back to yesterday’s game their manager wouldn’t have had a clue we were going to play that team, and it paid off got a point deserved 3.

This not playing a striker is nothing new,a lot of the top clubs do it now and again, and it does work if done now and again, TM obviously saw what WBA were doing to most teams at home, except for last Wednesday, they were banging goals in for fun, but he didn’t set up for a point he wanted to win,and played well enough to, the only time they didn’t go for a goal was the last 15 mins for obvious reasons.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

Good post, but regarding not playing a striker think that’s the only game he’s done so don’t think it will be a regular occurrence.

Like it or not TM is a complete different manager than the last one, thankfully, ok  he does tinker every week with the team he picks, but to me he is a very astute manager, I, like a lot of fans see the team news at 2 00 on a Sat thinking,wow he’s dropped so a so, but unlike many fans never criticise him till the game is played, and more often than not he’s proved right.

Going back to Coyle, he religiously played 4 4 2 every game not just at Rovers but all the teams he’s managed, he could never change to another system, the opposition must have been rubbing their hands playing us because they knew exactly how we were going to play and also which players were going to be used, and usually beat us.

With TM nobody knows what system, players etc are going to play, he keeps his cards to his chest and gives nothing away, he can change to any system, different players etc and going back to yesterday’s game their manager wouldn’t have had a clue we were going to play that team, and it paid off got a point deserved 3.

This not playing a striker is nothing new,a lot of the top clubs do it now and again, and it does work if done now and again, TM obviously saw what WBA were doing to most teams at home, except for last Wednesday, they were banging goals in for fun, but he didn’t set up for a point he wanted to win,and played well enough to, the only time they didn’t go for a goal was the last 15 mins for obvious reasons.

I have seen some teams play this false nine but I honestly don't know what the benefit is. Why do you think Mowbray opted for this system and what were the benefits to us?

• Like 1

regarding not playing a striker think that’s the only game he’s done so don’t think it will be a regular occurrence - did it for half an hour v Leeds and Swansea, therefore its clearly not a one off.

he didn’t set up for a point - he didnt play any strikers!

Going back to Coyle, he religiously played 4 4 2 every game - the reason for his ineptness was not playing the same formation every week. Klopp plays 4-3-3 every week, Sarri plays 4-3-3 every week, Guardiola plays 4-3-3 every week, in our league Wilder plays 3-5-2 every week, Lampard plays 4-3-3, there a lot to be gained from tactical consistency and a team of players knowing their exact role. Thats why Mowbray gets criticism for playing too many players out of position. Dack doesnt look at ease as a 9, nor does say Brereton wide or Bennett at right back. Or Smallwood in net!

At times, one of Mowbrays historical un-doings has been him over complicating things tactically, for example changing formations, playing players out of position and over respecting opposition players. Hopefully the Dack as a number 9 experiment will be cast into the failed experiment section.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Turned into a very good point which I would have taken before the start.

The main positive, it is undoubted that Mowbray has built a team with an incredible bond and team spirit which was really tested once Raya went off. Never seen an outfield player go in net live before and it was a bit terrifying but luckily they didnt muster any shots up in that time. As I will go on to in a minute, that team spirit may often get us points like yesterday against the odds.

Thought West Brom were really poor in general, and lacking in ideas.

Also the performance of Reed in midfield was a real plus, and his wonder goal was needed in the absence of strikers.

I stand by the fact that the team selection was full of square pegs in round holes, and that Mowbrays team selection sprung up more questions than answers. Once Mulgrew went off, it was only him and Lenihan that we were missing yet we used 2 midfielders and a left back as centre backs. We all know that we needed a centre back in the summer and need to hope that Mulgrew and Lenihan can be patched up until January.

I dont understand why the Dack up front experiment is being persisted with but it again didnt work. All the while our best player this season in Graham and our 7m striker Brereton get splinters on the bench. Palmer, Rothwell, Bennett and Conway also all out of position. And then Smallwood!

I think that it was a very good point in the circumstances, and another occasion in recent times where I have come off a game feeling proud about the current team. That said, I feel that Mowbrays team selection yesterday and some of the tactical selections he keeps making (some of which are caused by imbalanced transfer recruitment) were very strange and I hope we dont continue to do them.

I was delight that Gayle wasn't playing 

I disagree it was a team selection full of square pegs in round holes. Only 2 players out of position. Rothwell has played wide left in most of his games here, Palmer plays wide under Mowbray. Only Conway and Dack out of position. Bennett, Williams and Rodwell can play a number of positions and well. Our squad requires adaptable under our Mowbray. 

I am not a fan of the Dack up front thing or of putting Graham on bench if he isn't fit enough to play, Downing could have taken that position on bench. I would have play Brereton up front. You will say Armstrong. either of them would have caused them problems for the centre back. 

imbalanced transfer recruitment?

4 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Went to both Swansea and yesterday and while it was only a point from 6 the qualties of determination and resilience  shine through. I can’t comment on formations etc but the one thing I can say you never leave games without feeling a sense of pride in the of the team for the effort and desire they put in. Yesterday was tremendous  and better teams Under those circumstances have capitulated but not ours. They are a pleasure to watch and be associated with and long may it last.

COYB

great to hear this

very good post. 

Mowbray a very clever man and the players knows these formations well. They will work on them, Mowbray explains them to these and his ways of thinking. We have 3 or 4 different formations we can play and I think it a good thing. The players aren't confused by these changes in formations like some will say. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

regarding not playing a striker think that’s the only game he’s done so don’t think it will be a regular occurrence - did it for half an hour v Leeds and Swansea, therefore its clearly not a one off.

Going back to Coyle, he religiously played 4 4 2 every game - the reason for his ineptness was not playing the same formation every week. Klopp plays 4-3-3 every week, Sarri plays 4-3-3 every week, Guardiola plays 4-3-3 every week, in our league Wilder plays 3-5-2 every week, Lampard plays 4-3-3, there a lot to be gained from tactical consistency and a team of players knowing their exact role. Thats why Mowbray gets criticism for playing too many players out of position. Dack doesnt look at ease as a 9, nor does say Brereton wide or Bennett at right back. Or Smallwood in net!

At times, one of Mowbrays historical un-doings has been him over complicating things tactically, for example changing formations, playing players out of position and over respecting opposition players. Hopefully the Dack as a number 9 experiment will be cast into the failed experiment section.

We did not set up for a point. Mowbray went for the win and we would have had if we had got 2 stonewalled penalties. 

Those managers might play the same formation but change the team with 2 or 3 changes every week. 

I like the fact that Mowbray keep changing formations and its works most of the time. I expected to see 3 at the back yesterday from the start but he went another way. The players adapt and play the way he wants and they understand why he is playing that way. Playing for Mowbray requires a lot of understanding and adaptable. When we play Dack in the 10 role against Sheffield United in 4-2-3-1 formation, Wilder man mark Dack out of the game by Norwood on him. He stop us from playing and it was easy. Since then Mowbray has change it up more and we got good results. 

Mowbray was cricitised by WBA fans for playing the same way every game there. So we cant have it both ways. 

You mention Wilder and Lampard play the same way every game. Yes they do. So does Biesla at Leeds but they have been found out. Pulis changes formations regular this season. Some games its been 3-5-1-1 and some games it 4-3-3. 

Second half I thought we were fantastic yesterday. West Brom couldn't live with us in the second half until Raya went of and then I thought our make shift defence saw it out brilliantly for an excellent battling point. I actually think with 11 on the pitch we would have gone on to win. I have to say I'm not a fan of this not playing with a proper striker and I don't understand it when we bought someone who is supposed to be a striker for £7 Million and it is also a waste of someone with Dack's talent to be the lone striker. The Ref was shocking turned down two clear penalties for us. West Brom looked ordinary spent most the time passing the ball along the back line when they had it and only looked dangerous when they countered and got the ball quickly up the flanks. 

Raya- 6.5 Made a good save from Rodriguez (who somehow missed the rebound) but his kicking was awful getting us into trouble on numerous occasions in the first half including one that lead to the corner for the goal. As Rodriguez wasn't booked I hope that the FA will have a look at it as on the replays it looks like he could have done a lot more to get of Raya's way.

Bennett 6.5 Was better than at Swansea but still out of position and diving in too much.

Mulgrew- Injured making a very good challenge. Let's hope he is back quickly.

Rodwell-7 Looked much improved on Tuesday nights performance. Handled the dangerous Sako very well and was composed on the ball.

Williams-7.5 Was all over the place first half and bailed out by Raya when he carelessly gave the ball away. Second half he was much better making some vital blocks including one in a goal line scramble right at the death.

Smallwood-7.5 Worked his socks of in midfield and wasn't afraid to come for the ball from West Brom Corners when in goal.

Reed 9.5- A fantastic goal to cap a sensational performance. He has to play in central midfield from now on he's solid enough out wide but in the middle he offers the same work rate and tackling as Smallwood and Evans but as well as that he gets forward and has real quality on the ball.

Rothwell-7  Looked tidy again and I think he is going to get better and better the more he plays. Needs to do some work on the defensive side of his game and stay on his feet a bit more instead of sliding in. Also should have done better with a chance just before half time.

Conway-6.5 I think his days as a starter are finished he looked well of the pace bar a couple decent crosses. However like against Leeds his experience was helpful in the closing stages, that is probably the role he should be used in from now on.

Palmer-8 I really like this lad but if he doesn't play more I think he will be back at Chelsea in January. A criticism that has been aimed at Palmer is that he doesn't work back that certainly could not be said of him yesterday. He looked our most dangerous player in attack with some good runs including one that I thought should have resulted in a penalty. Also very strong on the ball and won a good number of headers from long balls which we needed with Graham not playing. I thought that he was very unlucky to be substituted and I hope he retains his place.

Dack-6.5- Struggled in a position that clearly doesn't suit him although a nice bit of play to set Rothwell up. But he worked hard particularly late on despite being knackered or maybe even carrying a knock.

Subs: Bell 6.5 Did better in the second half as he actually got forward and looked dangerous for once. However he was a fault for the goal with Dawson wanting the ball more, he needs to gain focus and show a bit more desire in his defending.   

Travis-7.5 Showed what a great character he has to go from not being in the squad to play at centre back against one of the leagues best attacks yet he did not look one bit out of place and very composed on the ball.

Armstrong-4 I thought he was very lazy when he came on. You'd have been expecting him to put pressure on their defence and lead from the front which sadly he didn't do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Second half I thought we were fantastic yesterday. West Brom couldn't live with us in the second half until Raya went of and then I thought our make shift defence saw it out brilliantly for an excellent battling point. I actually think with 11 on the pitch we would have gone on to win. I have to say I'm not a fan of this not playing with a proper striker and I don't understand it when we bought someone who is supposed to be a striker for £7 Million and it is also a waste of someone with Dack's talent to be the lone striker. The Ref was shocking turned down two clear penalties for us. West Brom looked ordinary spent most the time passing the ball along the back line when they had it and only looked dangerous when they countered and got the ball quickly up the flanks. 

Raya- 6.5 Made a good save from Rodriguez (who somehow missed the rebound) but his kicking was awful getting us into trouble on numerous occasions in the first half including one that lead to the corner for the goal. As Rodriguez wasn't booked I hope that the FA will have a look at it as on the replays it looks like he could have done a lot more to get of Raya's way.

Bennett 6.5 Was better than at Swansea but still out of position and diving in too much.

Mulgrew- Injured making a very good challenge. Let's hope he is back quickly.

Rodwell-7 Looked much improved on Tuesday nights performance. Handled the dangerous Sako very well and was composed on the ball.

Williams-7.5 Was all over the place first half and bailed out by Raya when he carelessly gave the ball away. Second half he was much better making some vital blocks including one in a goal line scramble right at the death.

Smallwood-7.5 Worked his socks of in midfield and wasn't afraid to come for the ball from West Brom Corners when in goal.

Reed 9.5- A fantastic goal to cap a sensational performance. He has to play in central midfield from now on he's solid enough out wide but in the middle he offers the same work rate and tackling as Smallwood and Evans but as well as that he gets forward and has real quality on the ball.

Rothwell-7  Looked tidy again and I think he is going to get better and better the more he plays. Needs to do some work on the defensive side of his game and stay on his feet a bit more instead of sliding in. Also should have done better with a chance just before half time.

Conway-6.5 I think his days as a starter are finished he looked well of the pace bar a couple decent crosses. However like against Leeds his experience was helpful in the closing stages, that is probably the role he should be used in from now on.

Palmer-8 I really like this lad but if he doesn't play more I think he will be back at Chelsea in January. A criticism that has been aimed at Palmer is that he doesn't work back that certainly could not be said of him yesterday. He looked our most dangerous player in attack with some good runs including one that I thought should have resulted in a penalty. Also very strong on the ball and won a good number of headers from long balls which we needed with Graham not playing. I thought that he was very unlucky to be substituted and I hope he retains his place.

Dack-6.5- Struggled in a position that clearly doesn't suit him although a nice bit of play to set Rothwell up. But he worked hard particularly late on despite being knackered or maybe even carrying a knock.

Subs: Bell 6.5 Did better in the second half as he actually got forward and looked dangerous for once. However he was a fault for the goal with Dawson wanting the ball more, he needs to gain focus and show a bit more desire in his defending.   

Travis-7.5 Showed what a great character he has to go from not being in the squad to play at centre back against one of the leagues best attacks yet he did not look one bit out of place and very composed on the ball.

Armstrong-4 I thought he was very lazy when he came on. You'd have been expecting him to put pressure on their defence and lead from the front which sadly he didn't do.

What a post! Agree with 90 percent. Summarises things well. Arma was unlucky a few mins being on the pitch he loses Raya and as TM says afterwards we focussed on not conceding as opposed to keeping him up there for a 2nd.

Credit to our fans 2,000 of them yesterday and 5th highest away following! Well done ? 

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was delight that Gayle wasn't playing 

I disagree it was a team selection full of square pegs in round holes. Only 2 players out of position. Rothwell has played wide left in most of his games here, Palmer plays wide under Mowbray. Only Conway and Dack out of position. Bennett, Williams and Rodwell can play a number of positions and well. Our squad requires adaptable under our Mowbray. 

I am not a fan of the Dack up front thing or of putting Graham on bench if he isn't fit enough to play, Downing could have taken that position on bench. I would have play Brereton up front. You will say Armstrong. either of them would have caused them problems for the centre back. 

imbalanced transfer recruitment?

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We did not set up for a point. Mowbray went for the win and we would have had if we had got 2 stonewalled penalties. 

Those managers might play the same formation but change the team with 2 or 3 changes every week. 

I like the fact that Mowbray keep changing formations and its works most of the time. I expected to see 3 at the back yesterday from the start but he went another way. The players adapt and play the way he wants and they understand why he is playing that way. Playing for Mowbray requires a lot of understanding and adaptable. When we play Dack in the 10 role against Sheffield United in 4-2-3-1 formation, Wilder man mark Dack out of the game by Norwood on him. He stop us from playing and it was easy. Since then Mowbray has change it up more and we got good results. 

Mowbray was cricitised by WBA fans for playing the same way every game there. So we cant have it both ways. 

You mention Wilder and Lampard play the same way every game. Yes they do. So does Biesla at Leeds but they have been found out. Pulis changes formations regular this season. Some games its been 3-5-1-1 and some games it 4-3-3. 

Firstly, out of curiosity did you attend the game yesterday? And which was the second stone wall penalty appeal?

Quite simply, there were not only 2 players out of position. You seem to have muddied the waters between a players natural, favoured position and positions in which Mowbray may feels players can play/do a job in. I appreciate that versatility is important but you want to keep players in their correct positions where possible.

Rodwell is a central midfielder, not a centre back. He played most of the game at centre back with a left back alongside him, until Rodwell himself had to go off and be replaced by a midfielder to play at centre back in Travis.

Going into midfield, Palmer and Rothwell are not natural wingers, and Conway as you say was out of position. Dack was also out of position, and practically ineffective.

I must say that the players showed the team spirit and work rate that weve come to expect from them in difficult circumstances yet again, in a game that I felt was sorely lacking in quality from both sides. I just think that we need to look to try and play players in their correct positions.

That brings me on to imbalanced recruitment. I've no doubt that Mowbray has brought in some shrewd additions, but we are lacking in certain areas, and this becomes much more difficult to understand when we spend 7m on a striker who either makes cameos out wide, or doesnt feature at all. Something @Mercer pointed out earlier, and you subsequently laughed at.

Mowbray has 3 centre backs, one of whom he clearly doesnt trust at this level. He also doesnt have any natural wide men, and also only one natural right back.

I am a fan of tactical consistency and players knowing exactly what they are doing, something that was evident during the second half of last season. I have tended to think that when Mowbray has tinkered with the formation, whether it be 3 at the back or Dack as a false 9, neither experiment has worked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasn’t started with no strikers before,  I know he’s done near end of matches, and re he didn’t play for a point, did you go to the match better team all round and they have give some teams some good hidings at home this season, you obviously don’t agree with the manager, no problem with that, all a matter of opinions.

• Like 1

He hasn’t started with no strikers before,  I know he’s done near end of matches, and re he didn’t play for a point, did you go to the match better team all round and they have give some teams some good hidings at home this season, you obviously don’t agree with the manager, no problem with that, all a matter of opinions.

Yeah I went. I dont think we were the better team all round, I felt we had the better of the second half before Rayas injury but felt a point was fair overall. Neither side played to their full capabilities.

I dont agree with the manager on the issues I raised, notably the experiment of Dack up front. I also feel weve got too many players out of position at the moment. I think overall he is doing a good job though, obviously.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I have seen some teams play this false nine but I honestly don't know what the benefit is. Why do you think Mowbray opted for this system and what were the benefits to us?

Pretty clear why,  we got a point should have been 3, think if we had gone 442 with 2 up top, we would have got beat, IMO of course, I just think Mowbray knows a lot more than me and most fans, he works 5/6 days a week with the players, he knows who’s doing it training, who’s carrying niggles, and crucially analysed the opposition who had done serious damage to most teams at home, like Ive said previously someone like Coyle who was useless compared to TM would have got beat, don’t think we will see a lot of games playing no strikers, but he will do what he thinks right depending on the opposition.

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pretty clear why,  we got a point should have been 3, think if we had gone 442 with 2 up top, we would have got beat, IMO of course, I just think Mowbray knows a lot more than me and most fans, he works 5/6 days a week with the players, he knows who’s doing it training, who’s carrying niggles, and crucially analysed the opposition who had done serious damage to most teams at home, like Ive said previously someone like Coyle who was useless compared to TM would have got beat, don’t think we will see a lot of games playing no strikers, but he will do what he thinks right depending on the opposition.

Obviously he does! But why are you on a messageboard to discuss Rovers if thats your argument? 

Have your own opinion, whether that matches Mowbray or not.

Coyle knows more than we do too.

6 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Went to both Swansea and yesterday and while it was only a point from 6 the qualties of determination and resilience  shine through. I can’t comment on formations etc but the one thing I can say you never leave games without feeling a sense of pride in the of the team for the effort and desire they put in. Yesterday was tremendous  and better teams Under those circumstances have capitulated but not ours. They are a pleasure to watch and be associated with and long may it last.

COYB

Me too. Proud to be a Rover again: We've not got it all yet and it's still work in progress but Tony had a dream and make no mistake, Blackburn Rovers are on their way back!