BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

27 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You know, the only people to complain are the likes of you and Unsall. No real comment on the games, just on the people who post. Then when you get called out on it you start going on about people complaining about people complaining blah blah bah. Like I said the other day, Trump-esque. And very dull. 

Why so precious these days. I don’t think you spitting your dummy out because I liked a post you didn’t is “getting called out”.

You know as well as I do - certain people, certain topics = people see what they want. You don’t like Mowbray or his methods, so anytime you can talk about us being “poorly coached” you will do. Any time someone thinks this is overly critical or a another example of overly negative reaction - you’re in quicker than a divorcee on the rebound.

27 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nope, no idea what you're on about. 

E748AD6B-5E95-4F3A-9982-331C8DFEEFEA.png

• Like 2

Just now, Biz said:

Why so precious these days. I don’t think you spitting your dummy out because I liked a post you didn’t is “getting called out”.

You're lack of self-awareness is priceless. It's not me logging in to have a weekly bitch at the MB like you. You're the precious one.

And feck knows why you're quoting a post from the Sheff Utd thread. Maybe it's because it's actually my opinion about the football I watched. That's probably anathema to you and Unsall. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unsall said:

Nobody blinks an eyelid when statements like that, he’s more than steadied the ship he has turned the club round, but anyone who thinks like that, like me, your mate Chaddy, and anyone else just seem to get slaughtered on here.

Presumably this is you not playing the victim again?  :blink:

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You're lack of self-awareness is priceless. It's not me logging in to have a weekly bitch at the MB like you. You're the precious one.

And feck knows why you're quoting a post from the Sheff Utd thread. Maybe it's because it's actually my opinion about the football I watched. That's probably anathema to you and Unsall. 

I guess it’s probably better to avoid judging other posters “self awareness” when  your overall tone of viewpoint echoes someone the messageboard largely agrees opinion “is done tongue in cheek? I thought we’d all worked him out years ago...”

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Very well researched, see you’re located in Ipswich, just out of interest what are the MB/ local rag messages saying about Ipswich’s poor start, personally thought they nabbed a decent gaffer in Hurst, didn’t last long, I know they gave big Mick plenty of stick, sometimes better the devil you know.

Your asking the wrong one. Chaddy is our in house Ipswich correspondent?

7 hours ago, unsall said:

If and probably that’s directed at me, if you read my post properly I don’t praise or criticise  any team selection before the game, I wait until the match has been played and then discuss, if Mowbray was proved right or wrong, pretty simple really.

Its simple alright! Just dumb! Speculation as the game nears is all part of the fun of an MB! What's the point if you can't chat and give your views on the line-up?

As I've said before, if that's your little rule for you to follow then fine. But don't expect others (anyone) to do the same.

3 minutes ago, Biz said:

I guess it’s probably better to avoid judging other posters “self awareness” when  your overall tone of viewpoint echoes someone the messageboard largely agrees opinion “is done tongue in cheek? I thought we’d all worked him out years ago...”

You do lack self-awareness. I rarely agree with Mercer.

You're getting desperate. 

25 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its simple alright! Just dumb! Speculation as the game nears is all part of the fun of an MB! What's the point if you can't chat and give your views on the line-up?

As I've said before, if that's your little rule for you to follow then fine. But don't expect others (anyone) to do the same.

Yes my rule,couldn’t care less what you or anybody does, for the umpteenth time just discussing the team ,great we all do it, but since Mowbray came here you can never guess his team, but I don’t criticise before the game because he is usually proved right, gets it wrong and we get hammered get in there.

Why keep going about me being the victim, you and your buddies who are on all the time seem to resent anyone coming on with a different view.

You give the impression we are invading your space and your always right and we are always wrong,I know more about Rovers than you will ever know, and am very sorry if I think Mowbray has turned the club round after the dross we have had in recent years.

Nobody doesn't think Mowbray has turned the club around, but that doesn't mean he is above being questioned or even openly criticised if people think he's got something wrong. We don't live in a place where criticism is frowned on. Of course if it turns out that your opinion is rubbish and the manager did in fact get it right then you need to be big enough to admit that too. 

• Like 3

Just watched the Reed interview on iFollow and he said something interesting re this debate, along the lines of the lads weren’t dispirited at half time, they were sticking to the plan, thought they were doing well and would at least get an equalizer. 

So there was a plan - I don’t know what it was even having watched the game - but the players did and seemed confident in it.

If it was the case that half the time we pick up points in spite of Mogga, as I’ve read more than once on here, I very much doubt the squad would be as visibly behind him as they are.

I don't ever post on here anymore.  This game was to be honest one of the most bizarre I have seen

To give some perspective, I was sat with wba season ticket holders. So interesting to listen to their opinions during the game.

When I saw our team sheet have to say pretty puzzled. 

Wba team are being encouraged at all times to play it from the back. Really only Dawson looks that comfortable doing so. You could see their goalkeeper desperate to decide which defender to distribute to. At times it took him ages to make his mind up. 

Where Mowbray got it very right is in flooding our midfield, making it very difficult for the wba defence to move it forward. So playing a false number 9 did make sense. I think in different circumstances we would have won the game with those tactics.

Unfortunately I think not being able to play two genuine center backs cost us. Mowbray definitely should have got another one during summer.

No point in me going on about who played well for us, as been mentioned loads already. I do want to see Rodwell in the middle with Reed. 

So thought Mowbray tactics quite clever, just a pity he didn't get the defender's we really need.  The same tactics with slightly different personnel would have won us the game.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yes my rule,couldn’t care less what you or anybody does, for the umpteenth time just discussing the team ,great we all do it, but since Mowbray came here you can never guess his team, but I don’t criticise before the game because he is usually proved right, gets it wrong and we get hammered get in there.

Why keep going about me being the victim, you and your buddies who are on all the time seem to resent anyone coming on with a different view.

You give the impression we are invading your space and your always right and we are always wrong,I know more about Rovers than you will ever know, and am very sorry if I think Mowbray has turned the club round after the dross we have had in recent years.

Even though this post wasnt aimed at me, what do you have to substantiate such a boastful yet empty statement?

You say that @47er seems to "resent anyone coming on with a different view." From what he was saying, nothing could be further from the truth. He was encouraging you to give your view, which you stated that you prefer to withhold until it is proven correct.

You clearly do care less because you have been quite vocal on the fact that Mowbray knows more than anyone on here, something not one person has suggested anything to the contrary about.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You say that @47er seems to "resent anyone coming on with a different view." From what he was saying, nothing could be further from the truth. He was encouraging you to give your view, which you stated that you prefer to withhold until it is proven correct. ' 

Unsall is having a bit of a mare when you put it like that. It's a shame for the lad. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I know versatility is important but where we differ is that I seemingly place more importance on putting players in their natural positions than you. We had 8 midfielders starting. Some (Palmer, Rothwell) I felt are neither here nor there, they can play them roles only slightly less effectively than their natural central roles. Rodwell (and laterly Williams and Travis) at centre back and Bennett at full back I feel are the result of a slightly imbalanced transfer recruitment, we need more depth there. Dack up front is a failed experiment. 

My messages towards unsall were in regards to comments stating that he doesnt state his opinions pre match if they are in anyway opposing the selection of Mowbray. The messageboard is a platform for opinions regardless of if they are shared by Mowbray. Just like your (valid) complaint about Dack not being a number 9. Besides, he doesnt need a bodyguard.

I feel that players like Bennett and Reed can play in various roles and they perform well enough.important during a game. 

Rothwell and Palmer start wide but dont have to stay wide as they roam and find space and clever movement. We dont play natural wingers just like Liverpool or Man City do. 

Williams played at centre back for Bristol City. (In a 3 man defence) 

Agree on Dack and false 9 role. Not for me. 

I dont come on this messageboard 2 hours a home games as I busy befoe hand. 

I post Mowbray's views as they answer some questions posed by people. We can debate it after but at least we can understand where he coming from and his thinking. 

Last sentence unwarrented

18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Unsall is having a bit of a mare when you put it like that. It's a shame for the lad. 

Think it’s a shame for me do you how nice of you, just read the post you put on after the Shef Unt game, just about sums you up, probably the one game we got stuffed and you gave Mowbray both barrels, Mowbray is a tactical minnow, complete opposite in my eyes, utter shyte, Mowbray out-thought, players out coached, you basically don’t know what your talking about, wish people wouldn’t keep coming on here and telling me everyone likes Mowbray, because you obviously don’t.

We have probably had one game at home where we get done and you’re all over him, think it’s you that’s got the problem, you must be one of those fans who think we have to roll over every team, not going to happen, we are having a decent start so far, but we going to lose some games, get over it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Think it’s a shame for me do you how nice of you, just read the post you put on after the Shef Unt game, just about sums you up, probably the one game we got stuffed and you gave Mowbray both barrels, Mowbray is a tactical minnow, complete opposite in my eyes, utter shyte, Mowbray out-thought, players out coached, you basically don’t know what your talking about, wish people wouldn’t keep coming on here and telling me everyone likes Mowbray, because you obviously don’t.

We have probably had one game at home where we get done and you’re all over him, think it’s you that’s got the problem, you must be one of those fans who think we have to roll over every team, not going to happen, we are having a decent start so far, but we going to lose some games, get over it.

You would be better putting him on ignore. I have. Got over 25 people on ignore list. Make reading the site much better. No point debating with him..his comments are disgraceful about Mowbray. I'm starting to wonder if certain people are waiting for Mowbray so they can say told him he wasnt the right manager for us. 

• Like 1

Now that's not true and you know it's not. Criticism of some of his apparent tactics or selection choices does not mean we don't appreciate all the other stuff we do like about him. You need to learn to separate the 2. Nobody is infallible. Nobody gets every bit of everything right every time. 

I don't know if you watched Michael Palin in North Korea when he was talking about one of the things we believe in the world outside dictatorships is that everyone can be criticised even if they are loved. The Korean girl found this a strange concept. There seem to be a couple of people here who feel the same way.

Mowbray is appreciated and even loved by many here for his passion, his work ethic, the team spirit he's instilled, his man management skills, bringing the we're all in it together feeling back for fans, getting us promoted - the list goes on, but that doesn't mean that we have to accept everything he does without debating its merits. 

• Like 6

If he was perfect he wouldn't be managing us. Heck, look at the stick Mourinho gets and in many peoples eyes, rightly so. That guy has won trophies galore throughout a glittering career yet he gets a lot wrong as well.

TM has done a lot of good stuff for this club and the bloke should be commended for how he has essentially turned us around. Does that mean he couldn't do better at times? He had his reasons for the lineup, of course and yes, it very nearly worked and without some injuries it could have rewarded us with three points.

The thread kicked off when one poster comes on out of the blue to have a pop at everyone. The old negative vs positive argument once again. If he just came on to give his opinion like everyone else had rather than attacking people, we would be looking forward to the next match by now instead of still going back and forth on here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversR4ever said:

I don't ever post on here anymore.  This game was to be honest one of the most bizarre I have seen

To give some perspective, I was sat with wba season ticket holders. So interesting to listen to their opinions during the game.

When I saw our team sheet have to say pretty puzzled. 

Wba team are being encouraged at all times to play it from the back. Really only Dawson looks that comfortable doing so. You could see their goalkeeper desperate to decide which defender to distribute to. At times it took him ages to make his mind up. 

Where Mowbray got it very right is in flooding our midfield, making it very difficult for the wba defence to move it forward. So playing a false number 9 did make sense. I think in different circumstances we would have won the game with those tactics.

Unfortunately I think not being able to play two genuine center backs cost us. Mowbray definitely should have got another one during summer.

No point in me going on about who played well for us, as been mentioned loads already. I do want to see Rodwell in the middle with Reed. 

So thought Mowbray tactics quite clever, just a pity he didn't get the defender's we really need.  The same tactics with slightly different personnel would have won us the game.

Thank you for posting about the game. It is always good to read the opinion of those fans who were at the match and a welcome change from the nonsense currently infesting this thread.

Please do post re matches you attend more often.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You would be better putting him on ignore. I have. Got over 25 people on ignore list. Make reading the site much better. No point debating with him..his comments are disgraceful about Mowbray. I'm starting to wonder if certain people are waiting for Mowbray so they can say told him he wasnt the right manager for us. 

If you’ve got over 25 people on ignore then it doesn’t sound like you handle the opinions of others very well....

The last comment is pretty poor tbh.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If you’ve got over 25 people on ignore then it doesn’t sound like you handle the opinions of others very well....

The last comment is pretty poor tbh.

The last 5/6 pages of this thread are rife with personal insults and attacks on fellow posters, it's no wonder Chaddy has taken the mods advice and banged them on ignore.

Thats an extremely poor post K-Hod, it really is.

Whats also extremely poor is the fact that Saturdays battling performance was one of the best most of us has seen in years, courageous, bottle, togetherness and then we have this cr ap to trawl through....

Because some people can’t debate on here any more, perhaps? Why can’t anyone say what the hell they like? If you think what they say is rubbish, you explain why.

All this positive/negative stuff, trying to shut down debate is ruining the site. For someone that likes to tell us that you’ve been here since day dot and how shite it now is, you should be able to see it, as even back to the days of Souness this place has been the same; schizophrenic, especially during a game (just like every single football forum in the land), just now certain posters don’t seem to want to allow it.

Plus, 25 people on ignore? Either a lie or just sad, the site only has around 40/50 regular posters!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because some people can’t debate on here any more, perhaps? Why can’t anyone say what the hell they like? If you think what they say is rubbish, you explain why.

Al this positive/negative stuff, trying to shut down debate is ruining the site. For someone that likes to tell us that you’ve been here since day dot and how shite it now is, you should be able to see it, as even back to the days of Souness this place has been the same, schizophrenic, especially during a game, just now certain posters don’t seem to want to allow it.

Plus, 25 people on ignore? Either a lie or just sad, the site only has around 40/50 regular posters!

There's not debate in the past 4/5 pages really, just insults, that's the reason why people don't debate anymore Matty, it simply isn't worth it.