BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

WBA VS ROVERS - SAT 27TH

Exactly, the last 5 pages are just a row now because in true internet style nobody wants to back down, look at the Championship thread for another example, when a poster just won’t hold his hands up, even though the evidence that he’s wrong is literally in front of him.

This could have been avoided on Saturday evening by folk letting others have their opinions, even shock horror, NEGATIVE ones, or it could have been nipped in the bud with some active modding...

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Now that's not true and you know it's not. Criticism of some of his apparent tactics or selection choices does not mean we don't appreciate all the other stuff we do like about him. You need to learn to separate the 2. Nobody is infallible. Nobody gets every bit of everything right every time. 

I don't know if you watched Michael Palin in North Korea when he was talking about one of the things we believe in the world outside dictatorships is that everyone can be criticised even if they are loved. The Korean girl found this a strange concept. There seem to be a couple of people here who feel the same way.

Mowbray is appreciated and even loved by many here for his passion, his work ethic, the team spirit he's instilled, his man management skills, bringing the we're all in it together feeling back for fans, getting us promoted - the list goes on, but that doesn't mean that we have to accept everything he does without debating its merits. 

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and discuss his team selection, formation and tactics but Blueboy's comment are unacceptable. 

No I didnt see the programme. Sorry to hear

46 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If you’ve got over 25 people on ignore then it doesn’t sound like you handle the opinions of others very well....

The last comment is pretty poor tbh.

Wait a minute K-Hod, we get told of mods that instead of wrecking the messageboard with a slanging match. Also done it to stop me from ban again. So I dont reaction to some people. You cant have it both ways..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You would be better putting him on ignore. I have. Got over 25 people on ignore list. Make reading the site much better. No point debating with him..his comments are disgraceful about Mowbray. I'm starting to wonder if certain people are waiting for Mowbray so they can say told him he wasnt the right manager for us. 

You don't actually "debate" with anyone. You just endlessly repeat the same old stuff, and/or post TM's latest pronouncement.

Debating partly involves the ability to hear and assess other people's views and be open to the possibility of amending your own as a result.

You are utterly incapable of embracing such a process.

The fact that you have so many posters  on ignore (and seem to be proud of it) proves that you are only comfortable hearing views that confirm your own.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gav said:

The last 5/6 pages of this thread are rife with personal insults and attacks on fellow posters, it's no wonder Chaddy has taken the mods advice and banged them on ignore.

Thats an extremely poor post K-Hod, it really is.

Whats also extremely poor is the fact that Saturdays battling performance was one of the best most of us has seen in years, courageous, bottle, togetherness and then we have this cr ap to trawl through....

Rubbish Gav.

K-Hod is responding to an extremely poor post, not creating one. I totally agree with your last sentence but you are looking in the wrong place for the origin of it.

EVERYONE is delighted with the performance, that's what Chaddy and others (including you it seems) fail to understand.

Elsewhere ,Chaddy calls a poster's criticism of TM as "disgraceful". How can that possibly be unless its a personal attack as opposed to criticism of selection, tactics etc?

That's absolutely Fascist.

Why can't people understand that for 90+% of the time, we are not dealing in facts here. Its all opinion.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned and locked this topic