BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The one where BRFCS goes to Brockhall

6 hours ago, J*B said:

Podcast coming soon...

IMG_20181025_221651.jpg

Clever photo.

The new, optimistic Rovers era represented by TM, but with a reminder of the dark past of the Shelvey Age lurking in the corner.

I'm trying to work out the significance if the bicycle, as in the other photo. Was it the one used in the search for Coco's lost dog?

I've obviously got time on my hands.......

Looking forward to this Pod a lot.

I'm glad to see Rovers are finally opening their doors back to genuine fans who care about the club, instead of the paranoid mess it was under Kean and Anderson.

I remember the day when stadium manager John Newsham approached me and told me aggressively we were "taking the piss" (actual words during working hours), then asked to see my season ticket which I did to his surprise.

"Are you with that BRFCS." He then asked, to which we replied no, but we did have permission to film around the ground. "Not by me you haven't."  Then he still told us rather rudely to move away from the stadium by literally ten paces. We did so and remained polite, then he came to the Darwen End car park and started revving his car engine so we couldn't record whilst glaring through the window.

Back in the Jack Walker days if you were around Ewood with a camera even without permission they'd ask you what you were up to and invite you in to get some interiors as it was all good for the community. As a student we asked if we could film some exteriors of the stadium and they invited us in, and later sorting out interviews with players. They'd go out of their way to get people through the doors - Burnley were like that (no idea what they are like now), Everton and Accy Stanley are still like that.

So this is a big step forward.

• Like 2

I just want to reiterate what I hope is blindingly obvious but even so, Rovers don't have to do this, the fact that we were invited & more by luck than anything else, were able to mobilise at short notice meant we were able to secure our first ever player interview...we hope it won't be the last and hopefully it gives us some credibility with former players who so far have resisted our siren song ?.

Our heartfelt gratitude goes out to the club and especially Ryan Grant who secured "Friend of the Pod" status last year by guesting on one of our early episodes and we hope to get him back before Christmas on another.

Thanks to "The Player" - no spoiler alert - for being so eloquent, so affable and so open with us in the 121 & for the "other player" who demonstrated excellent media skills.

We hope you enjoy it...not sure how we improve on this if I'm being honest but we'll keep on trying....because that's what we do...?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I just want to reiterate what I hope is blindingly obvious but even so, Rovers don't have to do this, the fact that we were invited & more by luck than anything else, were able to mobilise at short notice meant we were able to secure our first ever player interview...we hope it won't be the last and hopefully it gives us some credibility with former players who so far have resisted our siren song ?.

Our heartfelt gratitude goes out to the club and especially Ryan Grant who secured "Friend of the Pod" status last year by guesting on one of our early episodes and we hope to get him back before Christmas on another.

Thanks to "The Player" - no spoiler alert - for being so eloquent, so affable and so open with us in the 121 & for the "other player" who demonstrated excellent media skills.

We hope you enjoy it...not sure how we improve on this if I'm being honest but we'll keep on trying....because that's what we do...?

Tugay :) 

• Like 1

Great stuff Ian and team!

Really enjoyed the Lenihan interview, obviously a very switched on fella.

Me and my Dad used to watch us train at both Pleasington and Pleckgate field, which we walked to from our house, even in the summer of 94! So Brockhall is still a real jewel in our crown and another reason we should always be ever greatful to Jack.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Excellent work by all those involved at both BRFC and BRFCS. Many thanks.

A one to one with Bryan Douglas discussing his Rovers playing career would be fantastic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Excellent listen. 

Lenihan is one of a number at Rovers who puts pay to the hoary old cliché that footballers are all a bit thick. He comes across as a very level-headed and intelligent young man. Reed the same. 

Thanks to all those involved. 

Darragh was very easy to interview in fairness...open, engaging and amenable.

I wish I’d had more time with Harrison, mature beyond his years and clearly well trained in media. I think it’s clear that our chat and my feedback inspired him to turn in today’s performance...?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ozz said:

That was really good, with Ian reviving the role of Whispering Wen to excellent effect! 

Not impressed with the interviewer of TM who used F instead of TH too often but meh. 

Funny you should say that...before we started recording I was explaining Radio Rovers to Darragh & Ryan & I said I was trying to recreate the “Wendy Howard  insight into” type of piece but of course neither of them really had any experience of Wendy.

Even to be mentioned in the same breath as Wendy will do me. ??

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Lenihan is a United fan. Discuss.

So was David May who didn't know that 1928 was the year Rovers last won the FA cup. But he was still a very good player for us.

Loved this podcast. Keep 'em coming.

Earlier someone mentioned Bryan Douglas. I listened to him some years ago at Brindle Village Hall. He was extremely interesting. If it hasn't been done already, Dougie should put all his stories onto audio for posterity. His experiences are entertaining and educational. And will benefit future generations.

I'm a firm believer in recording the present and memories of the past for future historians.

• Like 4