BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston tickets

On sale from today, 5500 allocation, £24 a head adults.

Hopefully we'll fill it and after banishing the Bolton demons move on to stage 2 of 3 by beating this lot then Wigan a few days later for 3 of 3.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/october/ticket-news-preston-north-end-a/

Edited by JHRover

I’ve long given up trying to estimate Rovers away followings, law to themselves.

We sold out at Deepdale on the back of the Lambert appointment when everyone got a bit giddy for a few weeks. But then last time there it was only around 2.5k - though it was on Sky and the McDonut factor.

However, this time it’s 3pm and a decent price, so we may push towards it, reckon 4K-ish if I had to guess.

Though back to back home wins over the next couple of weeks and who knows...

• Like 2

The large turn outs (including Oxford at home) have tended to be once there's a bit of a buzz about the sales themselves gathering momentum.

Prices are reasonable, with good concessions, so hopefully a win vs QPR with brisk early sales could see a bumper crowd for this one.

Hope that it turns out to be the case anyway. This team deserve it. 

It really is hard to tell. We have a good away following who are  not always the same people and therefore  probably a larger cumulative number than the figures suggest game on game. Given the right set of circumstances ie results and Preston’s close proximity. 5000 is achievable theoretically.

Should really be a sell out for this. Tickets are reasonable enough, no tv to spoil it and for many Rovers fans it will be as easy or easier to get to Deepdale than it is to Ewood. Also need to put those northenders back in their place after a couple of bad experiences.

• Like 1

Where will you grab a lunch time pint? The Royal Garrison closed down many years ago. The excellent pre-match watering hole, The Sumners,  has been demolished. There is still The White Hart I think. On the town centre side there are the town centre pubs. Nothing near the ground that I can think of.

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Memories of Santa Cruz debut in a pre season friendly under Hughes, a very smart Black and Red halved away top and a five thousand strong Rovers following!

There was also one where the heavens opened and I turned back because the roads were more like a sea! And we lost!

Think Preston were in Div 1 at that point.

Make me laugh Preston as going back as far as I can remember we've always had more visiting fans at their gaff for pre season games than there's been home fans there yet league games at Ewood they flock in their droves and call our support s@it.

Bit like Leeds they love a day out at Rovers but are often rather thin on the ground on their own patch when we roll up !

13 hours ago, bazza said:

Where will you grab a lunch time pint? The Royal Garrison closed down many years ago. The excellent pre-match watering hole, The Sumners,  has been demolished. There is still The White Hart I think. On the town centre side there are the town centre pubs. Nothing near the ground that I can think of.

Think The Royal Garrison has reopened.

Can’t remember the name, but there is a good pub on the dual carriage way (left on way in, right on way out) that had a BBQ going out back before and after last time I went up.

Hopefully something similar to Lamberts first game! Anyone remember the keeper for Preston that day...? He’s made a bit of a step since....

edit - think it’s the Moorbrook. Some fantastic guest ales last time

Edited by Biz

5 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Only the Hesketh Arms that way, on the roundabout, junction of New Hall Lane, Blackpool  Road.

Geography mustn’t be a strength since I think it’s the moorbrook and that’s completely the opposite way. Both about 15/20 minute walk from the ground