BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston tickets

21 hours ago, Biz said:

Took 4000 to Bury last season didn’t we? Best atmosphere at an away game I can recall recently, but the 2.5/3 who came to Doncaster will probably remember that more fondly as I do, for obvious reasons.

I got to admire the tremendous travelling support from within the home end. ?

Edited by Hasta

On 02/11/2018 at 16:37, rigger said:

Trains are on strike

Are the trains definitely going to be on strike that day? I was planning on travelling over from Ireland for the game but if there are no trains from Manchester Airport I’m not sure how I’ll make it work

3 minutes ago, breffnirover said:

Are the trains definitely going to be on strike that day? I was planning on travelling over from Ireland for the game but if there are no trains from Manchester Airport I’m not sure how I’ll make it work

Definitely Northern Rail strikes, not sure if this affects transpennine which will get you from Manc Airport to Preston. They were running during the last strike, so I’d say you’d be fine.

if not the buses will be running although not ideal. 

Train strikes will affect Blackburn to Preston route as that is northern rail only. 

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Definitely Northern Rail strikes, not sure if this affects transpennine which will get you from Manc Airport to Preston. They were running during the last strike, so I’d say you’d be fine.

if not the buses will be running although not ideal. 

Train strikes will affect Blackburn to Preston route as that is northern rail only. 

Very useful, thanks a lot 

7 hours ago, superniko said:

Green Line is Northern and Blue Line is Transpennine. 

So long as Transpennine is running then you'll be fine (which I think it is). Likewise those going from Chorley will too. 

IMG_3436.PNG

Transpennine have a man airport to Preston service via Wigan. The Bolton Chorley line has had a bus replacement service many Saturdays

These train strikes are so hard to follow. Coming from stockport yesterday, there was an apt ion to go via Preston, this is more expensive and times coming back were no good, so we took the rail replacement service ( was decent actually, only dodgy bit was pic to Bolton, the rest of the way was a proper coach) took a bit longer but was okay. Next week there will be nothing. If it were just consistent it would not be so annoying. Home game against Rotherham I’ll have to drive or miss the match.

The weekend engineering works that have shut the Bolton to Preston line are due to finish today. So there should be trains running from Manchester to Preston via both Wigan and Chorley on 24th. Of course the Northern ones might not be depending on strikes but TPE should be then be running services via Chorley.

14 hours ago, Jakey said:

Very useful, thanks a lot 

Most people who live locally have given up relying on or believing in the trains running north out of Manchester to Preston at weekends. Totally unreliable and usually a bus replacement service.

The engineering works are due to finish today. That's a least 12 months overdue.

In your position I'd have a back up plan of taxi to Warrington, 25-30 minutes, West Coast mainline to Preston, 35-40 minutes. In fact given how much you'll be paying out I'd do this regardless then you have no worries during your trip.

Edited by Paul

14 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Paul - there should be no problems with the hourly TPE service from the airport and Piccadilly to Preston via Wigan - less than an hour.

Yes, that's true but didn't think of the option as I've never used it. I wouldn't though put any reliance in trains through Chorley, we've given up using them as the service has been so unreliable whatever day of the week one travels. I think it's going to take a long time for the train companies to win back passenger confidence despite it not being their fault.

Edited by Paul

Thanks for all the info. The TransPennine times actually suit pretty well for our flights - just wondering tho should we expect to be kept back for a while after the final whistle - the return train leaves Preston at 17.48 which would generally be fine but if we are held back for a while I might need to look at another option 

17 hours ago, only2garners said:

You should be fine with 17.48. I don't think we have been held back at Deepdale in recent times, although i guess it could always be possible. It's about a 20 minute walk from Deepdale to the station (or 15 if you need to run!), so you should be OK anyway. 

Be careful of the PFP the famous Preston Foot Patrol. About a dozen teenagers in black North Face who will give it the big un on Deepdale Road and through St George's Road heading to the station. Funniest time with this lot was after the play off semi 2nd leg at Deepdale. The famous Billy Davies job done game. We parked on Sainsburys and these clowns surrounded our mini bus. 14 x 30/40/50s lads jumps out of the back doors and put it on them. The screams and smell of gurgling bowels was priceless. Rolling about like skittles. @#/? PFP.

I think that must have been the crew that turned up in Blackburn to a gig at KGH a couple of years ago I remember reading about some football related aggro from that night in the paper. Think they got scuttled then as well ?

Strange bunch Preston.

• Like 1