BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston tickets

On the other hand there has been a four week gap between away games and both are reasonably priced. Clearly for some away night games are not on and there is the damned red button but I would imagine we should end up with more than original allocation of 2,086.

It was the same last season with all of our local away games taking place in the space of a few months before Christmas - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Blackpool, Wigan. Think there was only Fleetwood which was after Christmas and that was a heavily restricted allocation.

Obviously Bury and Oldham away were more popular than Wigan and Blackpool were going to be. Blackpool was a mid-weeker although we still filled the end, whereas Wigan we weren't even close as it was right in the middle of a popular run of games. Had it been in March or April we'd have no doubt filled it easily.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

It was the same last season with all of our local away games taking place in the space of a few months before Christmas - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Blackpool, Wigan. Think there was only Fleetwood which was after Christmas and that was a heavily restricted allocation.

Obviously Bury and Oldham away were more popular than Wigan and Blackpool were going to be. Blackpool was a mid-weeker although we still filled the end, whereas Wigan we weren't even close as it was right in the middle of a popular run of games. Had it been in March or April we'd have no doubt filled it easily.

Filled the end at Blackpool for a mid week game and there was a complete side empty because of health and safety reasons!  

• Like 1

I’m seeing returns from Preston for £46 return, out at 12.58 and back on the 20.31 and I doubt they will get less than that. Bear  in mind the 20.31 is the last train of the day, so a bit tight but probably doable.

Obviously if you’re starting from Blackburn you’ll need to get to Preston. You can park at Preston station for £6 for the day.

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

I’m seeing returns from Preston for £46 return, out at 12.58 and back on the 20.31 and I doubt they will get less than that. Bear  in mind the 20.31 is the last train of the day, so a bit tight but probably doable.

Obviously if you’re starting from Blackburn you’ll need to get to Preston. You can park at Preston station for £6 for the day.

The last train out of Euston to Manchester leaves at 9.00 pm. However instead of the usual 2 hours 10 minutes it takes over two and a half hours. With a senior railcard the price is £30.20 and the NCP close by is £3.50.

Well I got tickets. This is my first game for quite some time. Venky managed to pee off a supporter of 52 years so we’ll done to them. 

Rang up and got allocated block L. Asked for the centre blocks but was told that they were only going to ST holders, which is absolutely fine. ST holders should - and will always get looked after. Looking forward to it.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, den said:

Well I got tickets. This is my first game for quite some time. Venky managed to pee off a supporter of 52 years so we’ll done to them. 

Rang up and got allocated block L. Asked for the centre blocks but was told that they were only going to ST holders, which is absolutely fine. ST holders should - and will always get looked after. Looking forward to it.

New one on me that, thought once it reached open sale stage it was a free for all regardless.

40 minutes ago, den said:

Hopefully Den you will see enough effort and commitment (and a win!) to give you a decision to make for future games. 

Just looked at buying online and you can only purchase in Block L (as suggested by Den). They seem to be selling row 4 at the moment. I'm assuming they sell from the front to the back? I don't want to sit that low down, so I'm hanging on a bit before ordering mine.

1 hour ago, den said:

Welcome back Den...you know how much you are well regarded plus how much it has hurt these last few years. Hope you lose your voice on the day(out of practice!)

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’m with JH, never heard of ST holders getting priority on blocks once they are on open sale, they had their chance for priority the week before.

Up to 3,500 by the way.

Maybe she couldn’t be bothered. All I know is that when I looked online as a non ST holder, it would only allow me to buy block L tickets. She was probably just using the same system.

1 hour ago, den said:

Good to read. 

I think TM and the players deserve it...hope you think the same when you see them play and revitalise the Rovers habit. Boycotting left a big gap in my own (sad!) life, I have to admit.

Preston fan a couple of seasons ago after our visit there - " You've always had a shite away following never been as good as ours infact you've never had many fans even when buying the Prem. You're a similar club to Bury in real terms "

Same fella this season on hearing we might sell out - " Bandwagoners coming back because you're doing well thinking you're going to go up just like you did that time when Lambert turned up then you all eff'd off again under Coyle. Bigger fanbase than us but all part timers " !

God love em, strange bunch ?

Average how? We’ve had excellent support for our catchment area for a generation. Even in the 80s we matched up with other clubs with similar demographics, that’s pre Jack.

Plus, 10/11,000 in League 1, would match up to anyone considering where we reside.

On pure numbers it is ‘average’, we don’t get the crowds of some of our peers in this league, I.e Derby, Forest etc because we don’t have the fanbase and never will.

‘You can only wee with the willy you’ve got’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I have to agree our home support has always been average if not below average. However i must say our away support can be one of the best in the North West Region.

It is also, that it is not just the numbers, but the way the fans away from home get behind the team.