BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston tickets

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I have to agree our home support has always been average if not below average. However i must say our away support can be one of the best in the North West Region.

You've got a bite....

Home support average, go on explain that one? When 1985?

Our away support under Allardyce was abysmal towards the end, didn't we famously sell under 500 for Anfield and Old Trafford combined? 250 for City away? Similar at Everton? But we finished 10th......

Yet our home support has always stood up as an average.

Edited by Gav

Apart from that dismal spell way back in the day when football was on its arse in general and many bigger town/city based clubs also got small gates I think per head of population our home support will stand up to anybody's especially in this area. Given the up and down nature of a club likes ours I think that's fair enough although very annoying when people flock from nowhere then disappear again but that's the nature of the beast for this club.

We're getting into Newcastle territory here.

'Always a massive club'

'Their fans always turn up in huge numbers'

Actually they were getting 15,000 on during the 80s - a time when pretty much every club was getting their lowest gates.

We were no exception.

After the misery we've had in the last 5-6 years we're still getting more fans on than PNE and Wigan, very similar to Bolton and I'd bet we'd be comfortably more than Burnley if they were at this level and hadn't tied people in to 2 year season tickets.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

We're getting into Newcastle territory here.

'Always a massive club'

'Their fans always turn up in huge numbers'

Actually they were getting 15,000 on during the 80s - a time when pretty much every club was getting their lowest gates.

We were no exception.

After the misery we've had in the last 5-6 years we're still getting more fans on than PNE and Wigan, very similar to Bolton and I'd bet we'd be comfortably more than Burnley if they were at this level and hadn't tied people in to 2 year season tickets.

On relegation, the Dingles will probably hold on to a good number of PL season ticket holders, most clubs do. But a couple of mediocre years and they’ll be back to PNE crowds.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

You've got a bite....

Home support average, go on explain that one? When 1985?

Our away support under Allardyce was abysmal towards the end, didn't we famously sell under 500 for Anfield and Old Trafford combined? 250 for City away? Similar at Everton? But we finished 10th......

Yet our home support has always stood up as an average.

I was talking currently? Last 5 years. Chill out

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I was talking currently? Last 5 years. Chill out

If you consider everything that's gone on since those idiots took over the support has held up extremely well, so you're talking absolute bobbins squire. 

1 minute ago, Gav said:

If you consider everything that's gone on since those idiots took over the support has held up extremely well, so you're talking absolute bobbins squire. 

When we get a full house for oxford and then shoot down to 13k  for me is called an average support at ewood. The size of the stadium I must say Dosent help at all. Noise levels & capacity at ewood could be improved IMO - away support can't fault is really.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

When we get a full house for oxford and then shoot down to 13k  for me is called an average support at ewood. The size of the stadium I must say Dosent help at all. Noise levels & capacity at ewood could be improved IMO - away support can't fault is really.

If you're going to use a £10 promotion party as a yard stick we're going to struggle, and the size of the stadium has nowt to do with it.

I guess you're talking about the all round package (numbers and noise) so I'll agree atmosphere could improve, but that's indicative of most grounds around the country, but numbers are fine.

We have long been the biggest and best supported club in the region in our catagory (burnley, Bolton, preston, bpool etc) and long may it continue.

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How’s it ‘average’ then?

You just think more could come, fair enough.

100%. I understand the support we had when venkeys took over. This year I expected more in number especially after the run from last year. 15k -16k home fans at least - our season tickets prices are ridiculously cheap!!! 

Some of the ST's are decent value and competitive but ridiculously cheap ?   No not really certainly not given the area, probably at the low to average end of the champ.

We all expected slightly better home turnouts this season but rovers getting 15/16k averages at this level usually means a very good season and good visiting support boosting it i'm afraid.  A glance at the history books will tell the story, exception maybe being the Kidd/Souness championship years which were 5 mins after we'd been Prem champs.

The walk on prices for any decent oppo and messed about ko times do nothing to help the numbers.

Edited by tomphil

21 hours ago, only2garners said:

I’m seeing returns from Preston for £46 return, out at 12.58 and back on the 20.31 and I doubt they will get less than that. Bear  in mind the 20.31 is the last train of the day, so a bit tight but probably doable.

Obviously if you’re starting from Blackburn you’ll need to get to Preston. You can park at Preston station for £6 for the day.

I’ll be going on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday, that will make it more expensive. There doesn’t seem to be any advance tickets at the minute, just off peak. 

4 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I’ll be going on the Friday and coming back on the Sunday, that will make it more expensive. There doesn’t seem to be any advance tickets at the minute, just off peak. 

If that’s what you want to do you’re probably stuck with off-peak fares. Travelling down on Friday and back on Sunday means travel at really busy times because lots of others want to do the same for the weekend. I assume all the Advance fares will have gone now - there were probably less because Virgin know it’s a popular time.

Wigan charged £279 behind the goals and £289 along the sides for season tickets this year. Cheaper than ours.

Our cheapest season ticket for an adult was £319 in the Riverside (only when bought during the early bird period)

Going off the published data from the Championship last season, as i can't be bothered going through them all for this season, then Villa, Barnsley, Birmingham, Bolton, Burton, Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Hull, Reading, Sheffield United and Wolves all offered season tickets for less than £319. Perhaps not by very much and possibly some of those will have gone up as ours have done (probably none by 17%) but it isn't accurate to say our season tickets are extremely cheap. They are competitively priced and reasonably priced.