BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

9  changes by Mowbray, midfielder in goal and centre back on the left with Williams up front on his own but the new found message board harmony backs it 100%and finds no cause to question it or each other at all.

Rovers 0   QPR 6     ---- followed by a nice discussion on how unlucky we were and how we could see what he was trying to do there !

Or

Back to basics, a stodgy display aiming to stop QPR and protect our 2nd keeper and an evening and Sunday of scoring more points on here than Rovers have gained .. ?

Rovers 1   QPR  1

• Like 2

Ideally the formation & personnel returns to something more orthodox this one.  I'm sure it will; as a poster pointed out in the derailed WBA match thread, Saturday's team was chosen to do a particular job away at a freescoring promotion favourite, and but for 3 things  that were beyond TM's control (1 if not 2 pens not given, a couple of missed 1-on1's and a proper in-match injury crisis) it would've worked.

Arguably it did work despite those things; a point away from home is a good point, bringing 4 from 9 when 0 from 9 wasn't beyond the realms of possibility.

We'll need to be very alert & professional v QPR. After a poor start they've hit some real form & go into this fixture above us. I know their fixtures have been easier than ours recently but that's not the point. They'll have real momentum, so we need to be up & in gear faces from the off. 

I hope injuries ease. Sounds like Nyambe might be back in contention at least, Davenport too. Not gonna predict anything else until nearer the time as a lot can happen in 4 days. 

Good luck Rovers, I can't be there as will be coming back from hols. Hope it's a confident performance & 3 points, but no complacency please!!

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

They're in very good form at the moment are QPR, but there's nothing to fear in this league and they're certainly a team we should be looking to beat at home.

A narrow 2-1 win for The Mighty Blues...

Ideally I think we need Mulgrew and Lenihan fit for this as QPR have some decent strikers namely Wells, Hemed and the giant Smith. I saw them beat Aston Villa on Friday and was surprised to hear that they haven't conceded for three games and only conceded two in five. It seems that their two centre backs, Leistner and Lynch are of the more robust variety so I think it's imperative that Danny Graham starts to try and counter this. I would be tempted to play Palmer in the number ten role after his second half performance against West Brom.

QPR won't be relishing a trip to Ewood and will know that their winning run will be under serious pressure. I see the buzz and momentum of the battling draw against West brom rolling on here leading to a 3-1 win. Obviously it will be 2-1 until the 104th minute and we score a counter attack goal, after we have gone down to 8 players, Graham will be in goal and they will have hit the woodwork 7 times in the last 15 minutes. 

Rovers 3-1QPR. Dack x 2, Reed x 1 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Ideally I think we need Mulgrew and Lenihan fit for this as QPR have some decent strikers namely Wells, Hemed and the giant Smith. I saw them beat Aston Villa on Friday and was surprised to hear that they haven't conceded for three games and only conceded two in five. It seems that their two centre backs, Leistner and Lynch are of the more robust variety so I think it's imperative that Danny Graham starts to try and counter this. I would be tempted to play Palmer in the number ten role after his second half performance against West Brom.

And where does Dack play in this scenario? 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's a home banker irrespective of what system or players Mowbray juggles with.

You’ve been back for 5 minutes and are already peddling your nonsense. There is no banker in football and you know it, let alone where Rovers are concerned. You stopped with your predictions for the majority of last season and we went up.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• J*B pinned this topic

Could do with a win here to continue the positive momentum. Whilst we've had a decent week in terms of performances and even results from 3 tough fixtures we need to follow that up by doing the business at home against the less fancied teams, QPR and Rotherham provide that opportunity although of course both have shown recently they are tough nuts to crack. Following up 4 points from 9 against Leeds, Swansea and WBA with disappointing results at home against these and we won't get very far.

It will be the polar opposite of what we've had at Swansea and West Brom.

We've seen it many times with Rovers where we perform admirably in tough away fixtures then when the 'easier' ones come round fail to deliver so if we have upward looking aspirations could do with getting a couple of home wins on the board.

McClaren has turned QPR around and after the criticism he was getting after 3-4 games of the season has already proven a few people wrong. Defensively especially they seem to be a well organised unit.

One thing that will happen on Saturday is cheering every time Richie Smallwood gets near the ball. His status has been under question this season, but his effort in goal at West Brom has given him a lot of positive sentiment, and rightly so. I just hope that Reed is played in centre midfield with him.

Just now, Giant said:

One thing that will happen on Saturday is cheering every time Richie Smallwood gets near the ball. His status has been under question this season, but his effort in goal at West Brom has given him a lot of positive sentiment, and rightly so. I just hope that Reed is played in centre midfield with him.

Would be harsh on Evans who was one of our better players up to now. A real dilemma has Tony. 

Add in whether Rothwell and Palmer should start. I don't envy Tony having to make these calls. 

Hopefully as many as possible of Raya, Mulgrew and Lenihan will be back. 

Not seen [or have missed] any info on the injury Rodwell picked up on Saturday - the lad was starting to make an impression and for many reasons, a period out injured won't do his [allegedly fragile] confidence any good at all, in the short term, leaves us short even of part-time centre back cover as well.

Anyone an idea what his issue was?

Lets hope this free week can see us get some of our walking wounded back.

Raya/Leutwiler

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Reed

Bennett Dack Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler/Fisher, Rodwell, Smallwood, Bell, Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell

A lot of ifs and buts there. Downing if Lenihan isnt fit enough. Bell if Mulgrew isnt.

Like to see Dack and Reed in their favoured roles and Palmer deserves another start 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Lets hope this free week can see us get some of our walking wounded back.

Raya/Leutwiler

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Evans Reed

Bennett Dack Palmer

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler/Fisher, Rodwell, Smallwood, Bell, Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell

A lot of ifs and buts there. Downing if Lenihan isnt fit enough. Bell if Mulgrew isnt.

Like to see Dack and Reed in their favoured roles and Palmer deserves another start 

He does deserve it, but in his favoured role too. Its a tough call this week. 

Could we leave Dack out? He hasn't been playing as well as he can, but he is our talisman 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Teams like QPR don't travel well to the 'outbound frozen north'.

It's a home banker irrespective of what system or players Mowbray juggles with.

When you've got a track record of getting it spectacularly wrong  (and jinxing Rovers at the same time), why do you keep[ doing this?

It's very annoying. 

In any case, QPR are in very good form and this will be  a very difficult game. There's also far too much hubris on here.

Rovers 1 QPR 2.

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

When you've got a track record of getting it spectacularly wrong  (and jinxing Rovers at the same time), why do you keep[ doing this?

It's very annoying. 

In any case, QPR are in very good form and this will be  a very difficult game. There's also far too much hubris on here.

Rovers 1 QPR 2.

Luckily you are here to bring us back down to earth. What an odd comment,. Absolutely one of the most negative posters on here as you seem to do it just to go against certain posters, with very little substance. 

I don't see too much hubris, just fans enjoying having a team with work ethic in abundance and green shoots of quality coming though more with each and every game 

MONSTER of a point against West Brom last weekend despite all the drama. Hope we dont experience any NIGHTMARES against Queens Park Rangers this weekend.  Obviously Smallwood getting all the plaudits after the match due to his SPOOKY reflexes, but how SCARY is Harrison Reed?!  If we are honest we probably would have won it had the referee not been a complete DRACULAR and dont get me started on the GHOST penalty that was never given. As for QPR they are red hot at the moment, approach with caution as Steve McClaren has risen this lot from THE DEAD.  I spoke with QPR supporter Julie Hampton about her teams chances and she is ver confident.

• Like 1

Got a feeling tony will go back to the same team against leeds! we won yes, however Lost to swansea. Tony needs to play either evens or Smallwood & put in palmer or rothwell! 

Also Just seen tonys comments about rothwell after West Brom. Rothwell: "He is breathtaking with the ball at his feet but you’re not going to play if that’s all you do".

Incredibly harsh if you ask me from TM if you ask me, one of the best players on the ball in the rovers shirt we've had for a while. Again still young and lots to learn - Think from that comment rothwell will be left out for a few more games...shame really

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

9  changes by Mowbray, midfielder in goal and centre back on the left with Williams up front on his own but the new found message board harmony backs it 100%and finds no cause to question it or each other at all.

Rovers 0   QPR 6     ---- followed by a nice discussion on how unlucky we were and how we could see what he was trying to do there !

Or

Back to basics, a stodgy display aiming to stop QPR and protect our 2nd keeper and an evening and Sunday of scoring more points on here than Rovers have gained .. ?

Rovers 1   QPR  1

Any chance also of a smattering of more philosophical ideologies within the footy section of the messageboard, just for good measures too? 

Edited by Boz
  • Like 1