BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Think some need to bear in mind we are playing QPR and not Barcelona or Manchester City.

For crying out loud, they have just one point more than us and we have home advantage.  Why should the supporters not feel confident with Graham leading our attack and £9million worth of striking talent in reserve!?

Edited by Mercer

1 minute ago, Boz said:

Any chance also of a smattering of more philosophical ideologies within the footy section of the message, just for good measures too? 

Spiritual guidance and religious education will be in the thread entitled Glenn Hoddle from this day forwards until we all fry in hell and slugs inherit the earth !

• Like 1

Depends who is fit. Likely that we will have Nyambe and Lenihan back, so that means both go straight back in and push Bennett back to the work horse wide midfielder slot and Reed can play Centre Mid which he deserves. Rodwell drops to the bench assuming he's fit. 

I'd start Bell at left back over Williams.

So to partner Lenihan if Mulgrew isn't fit you've got the option of Rodwell as the classy centre back or Williams. i'd probably go for Williams.

Reed is our best centre mid and now Bennett can balance one of the flanks then he has to play there. Id partner him with Smallwood again who I thought played well at WBA before he had to put the gloves on. Harsh on Evans who has been much improved this season.

Left wing we've got a choice between Palmer, Rothwell or Armstrong. Armstrong has the pace and tore Leeds apart from there in the last home game, was poor at Swansea though. Rothwell I really like and want to see him start more I like his creativity and driving runs from deep but I'd start Palmer who played well at WBA.

Dack and Graham pick themselves really.

Not expecting Raya to be fit so it's likely to be Leutwiler, not seen much of him at all so lets hope that our failure to get another keeper doesn't backfire massively.

Would like to see Davenport on the bench but we've got a lot of options not to go into 6 outfield spots.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Think some need to bear in mind we are playing QPR and not Barcelona or Manchester City.

For crying out loud, they have just one point more than us and we have home advantage.  Why should the supporters not feel confident with Graham leading our attack and £9million worth of striking talent in reserve!?

Your posts are always witty and to the point, Mercer, even though plenty of folk take umbrage at them. I don’t think folk get where you are coming from at times. The first two sentences of your latest offering are factually correct, is the last part of sentence three, while also correct, meant to be sarcastic? 

6 minutes ago, Giant said:

Your posts are always witty and to the point, Mercer, even though plenty of folk take umbrage at them. I don’t think folk get where you are coming from at times. The first two sentences of your latest offering are factually correct, is the last part of sentence three, while also correct, meant to be sarcastic?  a bit tongue-in-cheek! 

23 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I genuinely think we can and that's a good thing. I wouldn't be doing though.

What is the news on Lenihan and Mulgrew?

I think so too. A little cameo from 60 min on could do him the world of good. The opposition will be tiring and won't be as quick to pick him up as they will be marking other players, none of those doubling or tripling up

37 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Surely a poorly coached team like ours hasn’t a chance against ex England “Macca”?

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

We even managed a few results under Coyley!

What's the reason you call him 'Coyley'? Is he a friend of yours? 

Edited by K-Hod

2 hours ago, Glosrover said:

Not seen [or have missed] any info on the injury Rodwell picked up on Saturday - the lad was starting to make an impression and for many reasons, a period out injured won't do his [allegedly fragile] confidence any good at all, in the short term, leaves us short even of part-time centre back cover as well.

Anyone an idea what his issue was?

Word is it was a back injury, not sure how serious.

5 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Ideally the formation & personnel returns to something more orthodox this one.  I'm sure it will; as a poster pointed out in the derailed WBA match thread, Saturday's team was chosen to do a particular job away at a freescoring promotion favourite, and but for 3 things  that were beyond TM's control (1 if not 2 pens not given, a couple of missed 1-on1's and a proper in-match injury crisis) it would've worked.

Arguably it did work despite those things; a point away from home is a good point, bringing 4 from 9 when 0 from 9 wasn't beyond the realms of possibility.

We'll need to be very alert & professional v QPR. After a poor start they've hit some real form & go into this fixture above us. I know their fixtures have been easier than ours recently but that's not the point. They'll have real momentum, so we need to be up & in gear faces from the off. 

I hope injuries ease. Sounds like Nyambe might be back in contention at least, Davenport too. Not gonna predict anything else until nearer the time as a lot can happen in 4 days. 

Good luck Rovers, I can't be there as will be coming back from hols. Hope it's a confident performance & 3 points, but no complacency please!!

Think you’re right,probably go his normal Graham up top,Dack behind,be interesting his other selections with Palmer,Rothwell playing ok,think one thing is certain, young Harrison Reed will be central midfield, hopefully, and think he will bring in Evans and give Smallwood a rest, but no doubt T M will have one or two surprises up his sleeve.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

They're in very good form at the moment are QPR, but there's nothing to fear in this league and they're certainly a team we should be looking to beat at home.

A narrow 2-1 win for The Mighty Blues...

Agree,  they are in good form but there are better teams out there, tougher than some probably think, but would take 2 1.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Could do with a win here to continue the positive momentum. Whilst we've had a decent week in terms of performances and even results from 3 tough fixtures we need to follow that up by doing the business at home against the less fancied teams, QPR and Rotherham provide that opportunity although of course both have shown recently they are tough nuts to crack. Following up 4 points from 9 against Leeds, Swansea and WBA with disappointing results at home against these and we won't get very far.

It will be the polar opposite of what we've had at Swansea and West Brom.

We've seen it many times with Rovers where we perform admirably in tough away fixtures then when the 'easier' ones come round fail to deliver so if we have upward looking aspirations could do with getting a couple of home wins on the board.

McClaren has turned QPR around and after the criticism he was getting after 3-4 games of the season has already proven a few people wrong. Defensively especially they seem to be a well organised unit.

Spot on, how many times have we seen it down at Ewood, when we expect to win we blow it, but hopefully we roll them over, also Rotherham a win on paper,, but a very resilient side, but I do think we will have too much for QPR and if we get that early goal,  go on to win, close, but just nick a win.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He does deserve it, but in his favoured role too. Its a tough call this week. 

Could we leave Dack out? He hasn't been playing as well as he can, but he is our talisman 

Dont think we can ever really justify dropping Dack. Amidst any criticisms about his overall game (in the last week hes had to play in the wrong position for over half of it) his goal return remains consistent. 8 (6 league) goals in 13 (12 league) is reason enough for him to be guaranteed a start. As you say, hes our talisman. Needs putting back in his number 10 role playing off Graham. 

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Got a feeling tony will go back to the same team against leeds! we won yes, however Lost to swansea. Tony needs to play either evens or Smallwood & put in palmer or rothwell! 

Also Just seen tonys comments about rothwell after West Brom. Rothwell: "He is breathtaking with the ball at his feet but you’re not going to play if that’s all you do".

Incredibly harsh if you ask me from TM if you ask me, one of the best players on the ball in the rovers shirt we've had for a while. Again still young and lots to learn - Think from that comment rothwell will be left out for a few more games...shame really

Not sure what to make of these Rothwell comments, or Rothwell himself. Undoubtedly has plenty of flair and ability and I do like to see him play. But feel that in comparison to Palmer, the latter gets a bit of a hard time. That third attacking spot is very much up for grabs with at the moment Dack and Graham, Palmer has done enough to be given a start on Saturday with Rothwell and Armstrong benched.

Do find Mowbrays comments a bit strangely timed though. Seemed to be a general consesus from Mowbray that Rothwell has quickly adapted to his requirements and Rothwell himself was speaking as if he felt he now understood what was needed. Maybe hes seen something this week that has pushed him back a tad as I didnt think that Rothwells performance was lacking in effort on Saturday. He did miss a sitter however.

The problem could be possibly be something I noticed when watching him. When he gets the ball, his first thought is attack and get it forward. He dribbles , runs sprays passes and tries to create things. Hes not afraid to have a shot either. Us as fans love this, particularly when the game is slow paced or possession based. I love players like this, but for every 30 yard shot tipped over the bar or mazy dribble into the area he will lose possession at least three times. Tony likes safe , structed play. This approach is what divides fan opinion on here at times. Some would love to see what we could do when let off the lead with the attacking creativity we have. Some like the sensible safe approach Tony displays. No right or wrong answer just something I think when I see the team and rothwell play

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The problem could be possibly be something I noticed when watching him. When he gets the ball, his first thought is attack and get it forward. He dribbles , runs sprays passes and tries to create things. Hes not afraid to have a shot either. Us as fans love this, particularly when the game is slow paced or possession based. I love players like this, but for every 30 yard shot tipped over the bar or mazy dribble into the area he will lose possession at least three times. Tony likes safe , structed play. This approach is what divides fan opinion on here at times. Some would love to see what we could do when let off the lead with the attacking creativity we have. Some like the sensible safe approach Tony displays. No right or wrong answer just something I think when I see the team and rothwell play

That's pretty much about the size of it!