BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why? His kicking is second rate and he doesn't dominate on crosses. Have a look at Richie"s reaction to Raya on Dawson's goal.  If this lad leutweiller does well Tony might stick with him.

It should be immediately apparent why. If you think you're going to be happier with Jayson, I think you're in for a surprise.

9 hours ago, Madon said:

In defence of Leutwiler, in the 2014 - 15 season he broke Shrewsbury Towns club record of 24 clean sheets in one season.

I wouldn't write him off just yet!

It was documented in February 2015 that Leutwiler had kept more clean sheets that season than any goalkeeper in Europe, 20 in 39 matches 

from wiki

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why? His kicking is second rate and he doesn't dominate on crosses. Have a look at Richie"s reaction to Raya on Dawson's goal.  If this lad leutweiller does well Tony might stick with him.

Not a chance mate. Raya is number one and will be for as long as he is at the club. The lad has saved us so many times already this season. I am not writing Leuitweiller off and I hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but there is no chance he is replacing a fit Raya. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Another week,another really tough game.

Looking forward to it, hopefully Dack can get some magic back. 

Graham back in the team will make a big difference.

Not playing centre forward might help... 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Have a feeling we will win this one. Im going for 2-0. Again I hope Mowbray goes for a young energetic team, but I think well see a revert back to the norm with Evans and Smallwood in the middle and Reed out wide somewhere. 

My Team:

Leutwiler (assumin Raya out)

Bennett    Lenihan     Mulgrew    Bell

Reed  Evans

Armstrong    Dack     Rothwell

Graham

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Have a feeling we will win this one. Im going for 2-0. Again I hope Mowbray goes for a young energetic team, but I think well see a revert back to the norm with Evans and Smallwood in the middle and Reed out wide somewhere. 

My Team:

Leutwiler (assumin Raya out)

Bennett    Lenihan     Mulgrew    Bell

Reed  Evans

Armstrong    Dack     Rothwell

Graham

Reed just has to start in the middle. TM bemoans the lack of defensive work by Rothwell but there is no way he can say the same for Reed, his display was epic and topped off with a screamer too.

Like the team above but it could be argued its tough on Palmer as well. 

I expect Nyambe to be back for this one at RB after he played for the u23s and that will mean Bennett on one the wings. 

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Gained us a few points this season has Raya,having a good season, hope he’s back soon.

• Like 1

Headline makes grim reading, but the worst case scenario could be something like:

Leutweiler

Nyambe Rodwell Williams Bell

Smallwood Evans

Reed             Palmer        Bennett

Armstrong

With the likes of Rothwell & Brereton who could start too. 

That team news makes for grim reading. Got massive problems at centre back, everyone and his dog could have seen that having 2 recognised centre backs would cause trouble and so it may prove.

If Dack doesnt make it, then for me Palmer HAS to be given a go in his best position. If Graham doesnt make it, nows the time for Brereton to be given a chance centrally and step up.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That team news makes for grim reading. Got massive problems at centre back, everyone and his dog could have seen that having 2 recognised centre backs would cause trouble and so it may prove.

If Dack doesnt make it, then for me Palmer HAS to be given a go in his best position. If Graham doesnt make it, nows the time for Brereton to be given a chance centrally and step up.

Surely Armstrong is the natural choice before Brererton? 

1 minute ago, Biz said:

Surely Armstrong is the natural choice before Brererton? 

If Mulgrew, Lenihan, Dack and Graham all missed out along with Raya, I think id go something like this:

Leutweiler

Nyambe Downing Williams Bell

Evans Reed

Bennett Palmer Armstrong

Brereton

Subs: Fisher, Rothwell, Conway, Nuttall, Rodwell, Travis, Smallwood

I dont think Armstrong has done enough when given a place centrally to suggest he is good enough as a striker in the short term. His home may be wide where he terrorised Leeds.

Time has to come soon where our 6/7m striker gets a game in his position.

27 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Headline makes grim reading, but the worst case scenario could be something like:

Leutweiler

Nyambe Rodwell Williams Bell

Smallwood Evans

Reed             Palmer        Bennett

Armstrong

With the likes of Rothwell & Brereton who could start too. 

Reed and Bennett on the wing, bit defensive for QPR at home

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Reed and Bennett on the wing, bit defensive for QPR at home

Possibly, although I've been surprised about how well Reed's taken to playing there considering he is meant to be a holding player.

Main point was just how well our squad has developed. If we're potentially missing our goalkeeper, both starting centre backs, our best midfielder, our starting striker & still put out that team which (to me at least) looks competitive, then it's certainly made a change from recent seasons!

• Like 1

If all the doubts don't make it then i'd go:

Leutwiler

Nyambe        Rodwell      Williams       Bell

Bennett       Smallwood     Reed         Rothwell

Palmer

Armstrong

Bench: Fisher, Downing, Travis, Evans, Conway, Brereton, Nuttall

Also with those injuries wouldn't be surprised to see Mowbray go to 3 at the back something like:

Leutwiler

Nyambe  Rodwell   Williams

Bennett     Smallwood     Reed       Bell

Palmer

Brereton       Armstorng

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Possibly, although I've been surprised about how well Reed's taken to playing there considering he is meant to be a holding player.

Main point was just how well our squad has developed. If we're potentially missing our goalkeeper, both starting centre backs, our best midfielder, our starting striker & still put out that team which (to me at least) looks competitive, then it's certainly made a change from recent seasons!

It's just the goalkeeper i'm worried about. The rest i'm confident can do a job for us on the day.

• Like 1