BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Who are the 1/2 players above being the first name of the team sheet?

When everyone is fit. Dack is first on the team sheet, our talisman and primary source of goals. Him and Mulgrew, our captain, crucial with Lenihan at the back as our only 2 competent centre backs. Raya as our goalkeeper is obvious. Nyambe as our only natural right back. Graham as our only proven striker, and a critical part of our attacking play. So thats 6, plus Reed shares all of Bennetts drive, passion and versatility, aswell as a bit more quality. So for me, thats 7 ahead of him.

Then youve got a straight battle between Williams and Bell at left back. Evans, Rodwell, Bennett and Smallwood as the main group battling for 2 midfield spots and Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong as the main options for the more attacking wide role.

Not dismissing his importance or saying that I wouldnt start him tomorrow but lets not exaggerate!

Mulgrew is 1st every time then Dack/Bennett are 2nd and 3rd. Mulgrew is our leader and very important to this team. Bennett is fit he starts every game for me. Then Graham and Raya. Lenihan isn't my list. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew is 1st every time then Dack/Bennett are 2nd and 3rd. Mulgrew is our leader and very important to this team. Bennett is fit he starts every game for me. Then Graham and Raya. Lenihan isn't my list. 

So, in a hypothetical paralell universe. You would rather play Leutweiler and Bennett rather than have Raya in net and no Bennett? Each to their own opinion but I think that its crazy that youd choose Bennett over any of them in terms of importance. Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Nyambe and Graham are partialy more important due to lack of quality depth in their positions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So, in a hypothetical paralell universe. You would rather play Leutweiler and Bennett rather than have Raya in net and no Bennett? Each to their own opinion but I think that its crazy that youd choose Bennett over any of them in terms of importance. Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Nyambe and Graham are partialy more important due to lack of quality depth in their positions.

To your question no but neither did I say this either so its a pointless and needless question. I said who my 5 main stay of my team is. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

I like these "first name on the teamsheet" discussions. It's interesting to read the different opinions. Here is my contribution:

Raya...……...because ...………….there is no suitable alternative. And the lad has saved us a fair few points too!

Bennett because he sets an example to all around him .....about what the fans expect of a Blackburn Rovers player....."there's no such thing as a lost cause!"

Mulgrew because he is class, he brings calmness and leadership.

Lenihan - I admit I was unconvinced before his return from injury. But I hold my hand up, he has been one of my favourite players this season...…….give or take a few penalties! Never takes a backwards step - regularly, he is the last man standing.

Williams - a bit like Lenihan, he took a long time to convince me but he is tough and consistent this season. I don't mind him at centre back either.

Dack because he has the X factor. He has been pants for a couple of games but you never know when he is going to launch his magic. He has that ability...……….. to send the whole crowd home with smiles on their faces!

Graham because he reminds us regularly that the rest of our strikers still have a lot to learn. Sometimes we seem so clueless  when he is unavailable.  Let's hope he stays injury free.

Evans, Smallwood and Reed...……...all OK but my enthusiasm is muted. I know Reed is drawing big plaudits but I am still biding my time. 

Same with Brereton..……… (keeping my fingers crossed). He could be a good 'un. 

Nyambe and Bell...….……...make too many errors...……...little ones maybe but.....that ball that bounces off the shin...…..it's still gifting possession to the enemy...….(they are young though).

Armstrong and Rothwell...…………..run a lot but I want to see more end product. That final pass/shot...…...it could be better definitely!

Palmer...…….Mr Showboat? Maybe, but he has had a couple of good games (including the last one). Against West Brom he nodded on several long punts, stuck his toe in to win a few timely challenges and a couple of his tricks came off. I hope he plays today.

Conway...………..a few good things BUT.....for every good thing, there is a disappointing one!

Oops! almost forgot Rodwell...……...When I saw him against Bolton I thought wowee………...we have some player here! But since then I have started to wobble...……….trying to stay positive though!

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 1

Best wishes to Lieutweiler (guessed the spelling). Great to see him get a chance but in sad circumstances. Will be massive if he keeps a clean sheet.

QPR will probably have the better players on the pitch given our injury problems but this is really a battle of two very good highly experienced technical managers. Which dug out out-psyches the other? 

QPR have risen on the back of winning, not drawing games but my best guess is this one will be 1-1. I reckon the probabilities are home win 20%, draw 50%, away win 30%. Very different if we had been at full strength but despite our new strength in depth this season, we are not likely to be anywhere near as strong as we could be.

Unless of course Mowbray has tricked us all and we are in for a treat...

So from this thread with different peoples opinions we have eight or nine, first names on the team sheet. This is a great position to be in.

11 minutes ago, philipl said:

Best wishes to Lieutweiler (guessed the spelling). Great to see him get a chance but in sad circumstances. Will be massive if he keeps a clean sheet.

QPR will probably have the better players on the pitch given our injury problems but this is really a battle of two very good highly experienced technical managers. Which dug out out-psyches the other? 

QPR have risen on the back of winning, not drawing games but my best guess is this one will be 1-1. I reckon the probabilities are home win 20%, draw 50%, away win 30%. Very different if we had been at full strength but despite our new strength in depth this season, we are not likely to be anywhere near as strong as we could be.

Unless of course Mowbray has tricked us all and we are in for a treat...

you cannot say who will have the better players on the pitch until the game has been played. Football success has always been about the result. 

Positive Stats

Blackburn are unbeaten in their last 13 matches against QPR in all competitions (W7 D6 L0) since a 0-2 defeat in October 1999.

QPR are winless in seven visits to Ewood Park against Blackburn in all competitions (W0 D2 L5).

Negative Stats

Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray has lost his last two Championship meetings with QPR - both with Middlesbrough; 0-3 in February 2011 and 0-2 in September 2013.

No Championship team has won more points across the last five matches than QPR (13 - W4 D1 L0).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Franky said:

Hoping I can manage to get down before 12 to get a ticket.

Otherwise it’s a no go as I WILL NOT PAY A £3 surcharge.

Touch and go with work. Will be really pissed off if I miss out because of the Waggott Tax !!

3-1 win tomorrow

There may be many things to beat the club up about, but complaining because you can't be bothered to either call up or go online to order a ticket is surely not one of them. 

I can understand someone who doesn't know whether he can make it until after 12 would be annoyed at the surcharge but if you know you can go why don't you just order in advance?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

But if it’s ‘touch and go with work’ how can he buy in advance (and avoid the penalty charge)?

It was touch and go whether he could get to Ewood by 12, not 3. It certainly read like he could make the game but might not make the ground by 12.

Mixed team news. Really, really pleased to see Dack, Graham and Lenihan back, hope all are 100% fit. Glad to see the team in general look more familiar than I expected with all the doubts. Will greatly miss Mulgrew.

Bennett at right back a concern, would have had Rodwell in midfield and Nyambe at RB, and Palmer shouldnt have been dropped.