BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Although Dack probably should have been cautioned by the inept referee when he threw the ball at Lynch (I think it was) I was quite pleased he did. His frustration and anger showed he cares and really fired him up.

The win was satisfying from many perspectives but one that pleased me was that QPR's clear spoiling tactics ultimately didn't work. The delaying of nearly every restart was a deliberate ploy typified by the Dingle Wells who stood over the ball several times to prevent us taking quick free kicks. That said it probably worked for us in a perverse way as the referee couldn't take any action against us when the boot was on the other foot after the goal.

Nothing in that throw really, soft throw of the ball to the back - though have seen players booked for that kind of thing before. 

He was really frustrated as were others such as Armstrong with the slowing down tactics and like you said, it showed and was nice to see. Was brilliant seeing QPR then complaining to the referee when we employed those tactics at the end - when they should be instead of throughout the entire match. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

QPR fans being in the upper tier worked a treat. Miles away from the pitch and the officials.

Was that just because of the firework logistics or is that a permanent feature? It’ll be disappointing but par for us to go back to handing out lower tier tickets.

Not sure how I felt about it personally.

I did agree with the idea in principle beforehand but it made it feel like a cup game with the whole bottom tier closed.

Also highlights further the needlessness of Waggott moving us from the Darwen End.

• Like 2

The bottom tier was still (partially) open to accommodate disabled QPR fans. There were maybe a dozen people down on the front row. Presumably that meant they had to open food kiosks, turnstiles and have stewards down there for that small number of people. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Although Dack probably should have been cautioned by the inept referee when he threw the ball at Lynch (I think it was) I was quite pleased he did. His frustration and anger showed he cares and really fired him up.

The win was satisfying from many perspectives but one that pleased me was that QPR's clear spoiling tactics ultimately didn't work. The delaying of nearly every restart was a deliberate ploy typified by the Dingle Wells who stood over the ball several times to prevent us taking quick free kicks. That said it probably worked for us in a perverse way as the referee couldn't take any action against us when the boot was on the other foot after the goal.

Except that he booked a rovers player for time wasting at a throw in !

Edited by rigger
for emphasis

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Except that he booked a rovers player for time wasting at a throw in !

Ref was pretty awful it has to be said, not only did he continually allow them to get away with their stalling tactics throughout the game and then book one of ours for doing it near the end but on one occasion he pulled play back himself when we took a quick throw in that was perfectly legal. players were livid and rightly so as we were in behind.

• Like 1

At the end of the day 3 points is all that mattered.

yes Rovers were a bit huff and puff but if Graham had scored after 45 seconds it might have been so much different. The problem is as we have seen this season if you miss easy chances you sometimes get punished, case in point being Ipswich, reading, millwall, derby to some extent when Dack somehow missed a sitter! Also, you have to ride your luck, qpr were awfully poor, time wasters and not a real threat as they had settled for a point to take back down south in the most shocking of away kit colours I have seen since the Coventry brown Kean stained shirt! 

I was hoping Rovers could get to 25 points before the end of December, they have smashed that hopeful target and must now seek to beat Rotherham to make it a good start to this month. Rovers have very little to be worried about, it’s about just how far we can go this season?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Franky said:

Palmer - rubbish and a liability

Couldn't disagree more, for me Evans still offers absolutely nothing and the partnership of him and Smallwood simply doesn't work for home games, far too ponderous and negative. Whilst Palmer does tend to give the ball away a bit at least he injects a bit of urgency and is always attempting to do something imaginative and worthwhile with the ball  as opposed to merely abdicating responsibilitty by passing the ball two yards sideways. I thought we  only improved a bit when he came on yesterday.

Generally I'm quite surprised by the overall reaction, I think the bare result masks the fact it was a dire performance and for the second week in a row an overly cautious team selection by the manager. Can't complain too much whilst the results are still coming but I'm not sure if we can continue to play as we have been doing and get results in the long run.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't disagree more, for me Evans still offers absolutely nothing and the partnership of him and Smallwood simply doesn't work for home games, far too ponderous and negative. Whilst Palmer does tend to give the ball away a bit at least he injects a bit of urgency and is always attempting to do something imaginative and worthwhile with the ball  as opposed to merely abdicating responsibilitty by passing the ball two yards sideways. I thought we  only improved a bit when he came on yesterday.

Generally I'm quite surprised by the overall reaction, I think the bare result masks the fact it was a dire performance and for the second week in a row an overly cautious team selection by the manager. Can't complain too much whilst the results are still coming but I'm not sure if we can continue to play as we have been doing and get results in the long run.

Strange isn’t it, peoples different opinions of the players, you say Evans offers nothing, while he had a quiet game yesterday, he’s played out of his skin this season,  Palmer played pretty well last week thought he  didn’t do anything when he came on yesterday, 4 points against decent opposition in last two games with QPR in top form, I’ll settle for that.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Ref was pretty awful it has to be said, not only did he continually allow them to get away with their stalling tactics throughout the game and then book one of ours for doing it near the end but on one occasion he pulled play back himself when we took a quick throw in that was perfectly legal. players were livid and rightly so as we were in behind.

I think that was the linesman’s fault, not the ref. The linesman flagged when we took the quick throw-in - I think he thought that the throw-in that QPR took when he dropped the ball hadn’t gone on the pitch so should be taken again. The ref correctly saw it had gone on to the pitch and bounced out so overruled him, but by then the moment had passed.

Unlike nearly everyone else I thought the ref was OK yesterday. Live from my poor vantage point in the JW I thought the Bell penalty claim was a banker and Bremerton’s dubious. Watching them back on Quest last night the ref was right and I was wrong. Bell’s clearly not but the defender clearly caught Brereton - he was going nowhere and the defender didn’t need to make the challenge but he did, therefore penalty.

I thought most of the bookings were right too. Reed clearly lunged in and Smallwood’s was a professional foul to stop a quick break. It was frustrating that he didn’t punish QPR more for time wasting, but he did seem to be adding on time. I was expecting 5 or 6 minutes injury time so was surprised to see only 4, but in the end that did us a favour. 

Brereton’s  booking was silly though.

overall the game was two teams competing to see who could give the ball away more. I think he just deserved the win as at least we were trying to score. It looked like QPR planned to sit back, frustrate us and hope to get something on the break. A bit surprising as you might think they would have been a bit more adventurous given the run they were on.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How did the Canadian get on? 

No complaint about anything he needed to do. In fairness he was hardly tested. Strong-wristed away a firmly struck shot that came through a crowd of players. Fair play on that one.

Have to say that his judgement of Freeman's shot that clipped outside of post high up was impeccable.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, because of boxing day said:

No complaint about anything he needed to do. In fairness he was hardly tested. Strong-wristed away a firmly struck shot that came through a crowd of players. Fair play on that one.

Have to say that his judgement of Freeman's shot that clipped outside of post high up was impeccable.?

Good to have a game like that to ease him in. Shouldn't be bombarded against Rotherham either. Just needs to keep the concentration. Raya is great at that 

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Strange isn’t it, peoples different opinions of the players, you say Evans offers nothing, while he had a quiet game yesterday, he’s played out of his skin this season,  Palmer played pretty well last week thought he  didn’t do anything when he came on yesterday, 4 points against decent opposition in last two games with QPR in top form, I’ll settle for that.

Couldn't agree more.  I think Evans has been one our standout performers this season.  For me he would always be an automatic choice for one of the two holding midfield positions.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Couldn't agree more.  I think Evans has been one our standout performers this season.  For me he would always be an automatic choice for one of the two holding midfield positions.

With his shameful remark to our travelling fans before a pre season friendly as well as his generally inconsistent sub par performances since signing, if we’d have sold him before the season started I’d have been pleased. He’s completely proven me wrong so far this season though, absolutely run his bollocks off every game and at times he’s looked really tidy on the ball. One of our best players so far this year for sure. Always nice to be proven wrong! 

• Like 4

On a side note: I thought Luke Freeman looked decent, particularly in the first half, definitely their best player. Good feet, touch and creative. Would be pleased to see his name come back around in the January Transfer window.

MODS: Speaking of which, is it too early for a January transfer window thread?

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just watched the highlights- very decent shout for a penalty in the first half for bringing down Bell in the box and ordinarily Graham takes at least one of those two first half chances.

What passes for QPR's best chance of the 2nd half as adjudged by the editors is risible.

A well deserved win for the Rovers. 

‘Look at all the moaners’ stuff... again!

Just looks like people dissecting the game like after every match since the forum started.

Folk delighted with the win but assessing how we could improve, what’s wrong with that?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

On a side note: I thought Luke Freeman looked decent, particularly in the first half, definitely their best player. Good feet, touch and creative. Would be pleased to see his name come back around in the January Transfer window.

Question for you as you're in Scotland-----what about Demi Mitchell at Hearts?

Seems to tick all Venkys boxes:

Naturally left-footed winger, but now playing left-back at Hearts, versatile and can play anywhere on the left.

Young-------21, and has represented England at under-20 level.

Good crosser of the ball and good shot on him.

2nd loan at Hearts so Manu probably open to offers.

Has impressed when I've seen him, admittedly on tele!

Any opinion?

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yes

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure how I felt about it personally.

I did agree with the idea in principle beforehand but it made it feel like a cup game with the whole bottom tier closed.

Also highlights further the needlessness of Waggott moving us from the Darwen End.

500 QPR fans in one side and 3-500 home fans scattered about in the other at least used to give a bit of life to that end of the ground and a tad of atmosphere when they banter or the team is winning corners there, better than an empty soulless huge bank of seats.

Whilst it had died away in recent years i'm sure the home fans in the home half of the DE still just about covered it's costs over a season so it's all been a bit pointless so far. Having it closed makes no real visual impact on the rest of the ground.

• Like 1

Apologies for the Leeds@Wigan posts. I was ruined last night. Starting at 9am isn't a usual Sunday these days. I think the end tally was 11 pints of premium strength lager. 2 bottles of peroni and half a bottle of shiraz when I got home. Mrs CP didnt  appear to be my friend this morning. Her problem. Miserable going through the change 51 year old whos favourite line is " all your bloody interested in is football and drink " yeah you're not wrong sweetcheeks. If she actually knew what I was interested in she would get a proper cob on. Emma at work has lovely feet. Toes you would love to suckle on. My lads current bird leaving her worn underwear on his bedroom floor when I go in. Her sister who is younger and always looks at me with devious wrong un eyes. If only she knew. Good job I love her. Go easy lads.

• Like 4

• J*B unpinned this topic
44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

500 QPR fans in one side and 3-500 home fans scattered about in the other at least used to give a bit of life to that end of the ground and a tad of atmosphere when they banter or the team is winning corners there, better than an empty soulless huge bank of seats.

Whilst it had died away in recent years i'm sure the home fans in the home half of the DE still just about covered it's costs over a season so it's all been a bit pointless so far. Having it closed makes no real visual impact on the rest of the ground.

The Blackburn End and Jack Walker are looking slightly fuller, but not substantially so. 

But the Darwen End of the ground looked awful to me and it can’t help the players.

If we expect a club to bring, say 3,500/4,000, certainly fill the upper and then put the overspill downstairs. But when a club is bringing a few hundred having them tucked away in a top corner of an enormous stand just makes Ewood look desolate.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1