BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Excellent result, crap game. It doesn't take a genius to workout the correlation between us playing well with Rothwell in midfield and poorly without him in there.

Williams was outstanding at centre half, looked the real deal there and Lennihan was also class. Other than that no one particularly played well. 

3 points is the main thing but that centre midfield pairing needs to be broken up because we won't keep getting results like that with those 2 in there, too similar, too slow, too predictable and we just constantly miss out the midfield and go long because there is no creativity in midfield... Meaning we never really dominate possession. 

Good result, on to the next one.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

3 points is the main thing but that centre midfield pairing needs to be broken up because we won't keep getting results like that with those 2 in there, too similar, too slow, too predictable and we just constantly miss out the midfield and go long because there is no creativity in midfield... Meaning we never really dominate possession. 

We've been getting results with them in there for over 12 months.

Rothwell gave the ball way in stupid areas on more than one occasion, once when he tried to play a one-two with Evans (who had moved forward) and lost the ball and left a huge gap in midfield for them to break. Mowbray quite rightly went mad. We were 1 up at the time. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray did say that he would never play Rothwell in the centre midfield pairing. Rothwell reminds me of a Spaniel... he will give all his energy, run around like mad, and love his job, but he would go nuts for the sandwich a mile away while your house is unguarded for a burglar. He is still a shrewd purchase, mind, but he is always going to be a bit-part player for us. And rightly so.

As you say, is home is never in the centre of midfield, but he doesnt necessarily need to always be a bit part player for us.

He needs to work on his positional discipline, but his home is in one of the 3 roles behind the striker, as his strength is running at and committing players.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I just really hope TM will learn from today performance. For some reason I still think he will start the same team against Rotherham...

I wouldn't be playing Reed wide right. I would play Reed and Smallwood as the 2 defensive midfielders for that game

Just now, roversfan99 said:

As you say, is home is never in the centre of midfield, but he doesnt necessarily need to always be a bit part player for us.

He needs to work on his positional discipline, but his home is in one of the 3 roles behind the striker, as his strength is running at and committing players.

agree on Rothwell role being one of the 3 behind the striker or as a 3 man centre midfield. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We've been getting results with them in there for over 12 months.

Rothwell gave the ball way in stupid areas on more than one occasion, once when he tried to play a one-two with Evans (who had moved forward) and lost the ball and left a huge gap in midfield for them to break. Mowbray quite rightly went mad. We were 1 up at the time. 

12 months?? Yes in league 1, against the likes of Oldham & Swindon hardly a challenge. Said this for a while, Smallwood & Evans do not work!! Who ever thinks they do does not have a clue.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

12 months?? Yes in league 1, against the likes of Oldham & Swindon hardly a challenge. Said this for a while, Smallwood & Evans do not work!! Who ever thinks they do does not have a clue.

Reed in the centre with either Smallwood or Evans, palmer or rothwell out on the wings. Easy as that 

• Like 1

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

That would be Tony Mowbray you need to speak to about it. He thinks they work.

Maybe concentrate on what they can do not what they can't. 

For me today the only bit of professional football was in injury time when Brereton and  Dack managed to use up about two minutes in the right hand corner. that is how you win matches when you are one nil up. A crap performance but three point . Onwards and upwards.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That would be Tony Mowbray you need to speak to about it. He thinks they work.

Maybe concentrate on what they can do not what they can't. 

Because they were together for all of league one, I feel he's (shall we say) scared to break them up. As silly as it sounds I honestly think that's the reason! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Regardless of what the performance was like I'm delighted as this and late Carlisle and Shrewsbury winners bagged me £410.

Pints on you then!

Might get about 5 of them at todays rates.

Edited by JacknOry

40 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If I was in the pub folk would be going: 

‘shite that, didn’t get forward enough etc etc... but glad for the win’ 

Mowbray slaughtered the game, Said it was ‘horrible, ugly’, that he was ‘disappointed with the performance, but glad to put the points in the bag’.

Just like on here then! So I’ve no idea why people are trying to constantly derail threads with this ‘sooo negative on here’ crap, but it’s getting extremely tiresome.

Very tiresome. We are such a negative lot us...TM included.

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ha, so you can say some need a reality check but nobody can say it back to you. Knob is indeed the word you're looking for. 

Ha indeed!  I've no intention whatsoever of engaging with you further. I've my opinion and you've yours: end of.

• Backroom

It was clearly an insipid performance from us today, but I'd be more angry as a QPR fan. On a great run and they come to Ewood to face a Rovers without Raya or Mulgrew to try and grind out a 0-0 draw, only managing five shots the entire match. That's pretty sad, although if they'd come to actually make a game of it maybe we would have come out of our shells too. 

McClaren: ""It's a bad decision which has cost us a point and continuation of our run."

Wrong, Steve, it was your decision to play for a goalless draw that ended your run. Try to be a bit braver next time, you might get something from the game. As it stands you left yourself open to a sucker punch and duly received it.

Just now, DE. said:

It was clearly an insipid performance from us today, but I'd be more angry as a QPR fan. On a great run and they come to Ewood to face a Rovers without Raya or Mulgrew to try and grind out a 0-0 draw, only managing five shots the entire match. That's pretty sad, although if they'd come to actually make a game of it maybe we would have come out of our shells too. 

McClaren: ""It's a bad decision which has cost us a point and continuation of our run."

Wrong, Steve, it was your decision to play for a goalless draw that ended your run. Try to be a bit braver next time, you might get something from the game. As it stands you left yourself open to a sucker punch and duly received it.

He is definitely right to be aggrieved at a shocking decision for the penalty to be fair. 

That said, totally agree about their performance. You could never have guessed the form they were on prior to coming here today. Very strange.

• Backroom
Just now, roversfan99 said:

He is definitely right to be aggrieved at a shocking decision for the penalty to be fair. 

That said, totally agree about their performance. You could never have guessed the form they were on prior to coming here today. Very strange.

For sure, but that's the nature of the beast. Bad decisions happen. They only had one shot on target the whole game, so if they were on the receiving end of a bad decision they were always going to be losing. If they'd tried to actually win the game they might have had a goal or two to make up for a poor decision against them. When he says that QPR did enough to win it I lose all sympathy. By the sound of it they did everything possible to make it a miserable afternoon for everybody.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

well well, McClaren fault for being so negative. 

Ref was shocking today. bad decisions all game. but that's typical of referee standards all season long in this country

• Like 2

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Shocking? I thought it was fair, on first looks. He clipped the back of Brereton's heels, but then I wear a monocle.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well well, McClaren fault for being so negative. 

Ref was shocking today. bad decisions all game. but that's typical of referee standards all season long in this country

McClaren was negative but it doesnt excuse refereeing decisions that youd be fuming about if they went the other way.

The referee was hopeless all day, wanted to be the centre of attention it seems. But the big decision went our way, and I thought at best he went looking for it (basically said as much post match) and at worst it was a blatant dive. Luckily went our way.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

Stick to Fifa. If you expect every game to be 100% quality attacking and running a game, you’re a moron. We defended excellently today, Williams was particularly good. Armstrong, Reed, Evans, Smallwood et al all worked really hard if lacking a bit of final product.

We never looked like losing to one of the form teams. We lacked quality, that’s a given but to come with some ridiculous comments sums up what kind of self entitled fan you are. Grow up

Always have to be at war with someone eh Biz? Bit of a cheek to tell someone else to grow up!

Scrappy win.  Many of those last year too... just saying! Brereton looking more and more comfortable... not all strikers score goals! Or whatever the saying is! However I know he will.  He has the Peter Crouch effect, gangly legs! And up steps Joe Cool aka Dackie Boy for the winner! If I am honest would have taken a point at kick off... against an in form team, fortunately though we have taken all 3. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Just saw the penalty on the Quest highlights show. Soft, yes, but the defender shouldn't have slid in. He did catch Brereton's heels and made no contact with the ball, so, he's giving the ref a decision to make. Brereton wasn't really going anywhere so if the defender hadn't gone to ground chances are there's no penalty, no goal and the game ends 0-0.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Reaction from TM on an 'ugly, horrible game' and a #Rovers performance that won't live long in the memory https://t.co/c6zoJwNVdu

"It was a pretty poor horrible football match."

#Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray battles the fireworks after his team's hard-fought 1-0 win over QPR.

#Rovers #BBCFootball #BBCLancsSport https://t.co/R8hLLaAqWn

Negative manager?