BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

From the link you posted earlier

"

As long as I’m playing I’m happy, it doesn’t matter where it is. I’ll always work hard for the team."

The Nottingham Forest loanee also felt the referee made the right call by pointing to the spot for Dack's late winner.

“I think it was a penalty. I felt that bit of contact and went down. Thankfully the referee gave it despite not really being on our side today," Brereton added.

“I wanted the penalty, but Dacky’s taken the ball and he’s a top lad so I decided to let him have it!

“We’re always pushing each other in training and telling each other to do more. That shows off with the results so we’re hoping to keep pushing and pushing up that table.

“Any team that comes here will know they are in for a good game. We’re excellent at Ewood Park and long may that good record continue."

Confident lad, think he might end up a top player.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From the link you posted earlier

"

As long as I’m playing I’m happy, it doesn’t matter where it is. I’ll always work hard for the team."

The Nottingham Forest loanee also felt the referee made the right call by pointing to the spot for Dack's late winner.

“I think it was a penalty. I felt that bit of contact and went down. Thankfully the referee gave it despite not really being on our side today," Brereton added.

“I wanted the penalty, but Dacky’s taken the ball and he’s a top lad so I decided to let him have it!

“We’re always pushing each other in training and telling each other to do more. That shows off with the results so we’re hoping to keep pushing and pushing up that table.

“Any team that comes here will know they are in for a good game. We’re excellent at Ewood Park and long may that good record continue."

What are you proving/stating? He has said there that he went down when he felt contact so he was looking for it, luckily the ref bought it and the rest is history.

9 hours ago, Tom Stinny said:

A question to everyone, do you think this squad is as good or better than the one bowyer created with Cairney, Marshal, King and the rest. I think it's not miles away.

I also feel that this year is the chance to get to the play offs as I think the likes of Dack will be gone in the summer and getting the likes of reed and Palmer to name a few back will be far less likely next year. 

I personally feel this league is there for anyone's taking and that there isn't a standout team and a few results can change the ambition of any teams season. 

Do people feel that Mowbray may possibly be another nearly man like bowyer where he creates a talented team but doesn't get the best from it? 

Very much so, love the guy but always leaves me feeling like we could have done more.  Lads play well then lose their spot, ho hum performances keep theirs.  Just a bit frustrating at times ;ut we are doing better than I expected so I have to take it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

Very much so, love the guy but always leaves me feeling like we could have done more.  Lads play well then lose their spot, ho hum performances keep theirs.  Just a bit frustrating at times ;ut we are doing better than I expected so I have to take it.

The fact we are doing better than suggested possibly means Mowbray knows more than us :)

• Like 1

Penalty or no penalty, good performance, not so good performance, the facts are we won and we are sitting within striking distance of play offs and promotion places. We might have a proud history, however recent history shows that we should be proud of how we are doing at the moment and long may it continue. If we get to January in a similar position and strengthen in the right areas, then we may well be in for an exciting end to the season. 

Well done Tony and the boys. Keep the blue flag flying high. 

Edited by ChrisPriceBaldSpot
  • Like 7

QPR fans being in the upper tier worked a treat. Miles away from the pitch and the officials.

Was that just because of the firework logistics or is that a permanent feature? It’ll be disappointing but par for us to go back to handing out lower tier tickets.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How did the Canadian get on? 

Very very little to do

One occasion early on he dropped a simple cross but gathered it again and no drama after that, kicking was decent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

QPR fans being in the upper tier worked a treat. Miles away from the pitch and the officials.

Was that just because of the firework logistics or is that a permanent feature? It’ll be disappointing but par for us to go back to handing out lower tier tickets.

Because of the fireworks I would imagine. Also well done to whoever decided to reopen the concourse kiosks for refreshments again after the full time whistle. 

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Penalty or no penalty, good performance, not so good performance, the facts are we won and we are sitting within striking distance of play offs and promotion places. We might have a proud history, however recent history shows that we should be proud of how we are doing at the moment and long may it continue. If we get to January in a similar position and strengthen in the right areas, then we may well be in for an exciting end to the season. 

This was aBig 

2 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I didn't care how we won when Big Sam was manager, why should I care now?

11 hours ago, 47er said:

That's ambiguous though. He went down means he hit the ground. Doesn't necessarily mean deliberately.

Anyway, I can only say what I thought I saw!

If that had been a QPR player and no penalty given McClaren's eyes would have popped out of their sockets!

No, only if someone placed that brolly in a strategic position....

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How did the Canadian get on? 

I can't remember him having to make a save. Must be a first time this season. Other than that looked the part, kicking was good, claimed a couple of dead ball and sniffed out a couple of situations clearing the ball. He's a bigger unit than Raya so he looks a bit more imposing. Still impossible to judge, the centre-backs kept him very well protected. Both Williams and Lenighan was excellent. Williams even dominated Matt Smith in the air which was quite impressive.

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

I thought Bell looked particularly weak.

He loses concentration a lot too I have noticed. Probably our worst player yesterday and really feel Williams could reclaim his spot once he is not needed as a CB. 

• Like 1

It wasn't pretty (but have any of our home games been?) but a good 3 points against the leagues form team. Reed is not a wide man and he is the best central midfielder at the club he can do what Evans and Smallwood do defensively just as well and he also gives you much more in offence as well. Tony needs to make a tough decision and drop one of Smallwood and Evans in order for Reed to play there. That also allows us to bring Palmer in to the team to play out wide and it will give us some much needed creativity because with the side that started yesterday had too many soldiers and too few artists. 

Both full backs poor again we need to sign a right back to cover for Nyambe as Bennett is not up to the job, hopefully Nyambe will start next week. As for Bell he really is awful (I wonder at times if he is fully awake) once Charlie is back fit lets hope Tony sees sense and puts Williams to left back. I thought that Williams and Lenihan were both excellent yesterday, very dominant even against the dangerous Matt Smith. I was disappointed to see Travis not included in the squad yesterday we need to loan him out in January as he is too good not to be playing and we don't want to risk losing him permanently. I'm surprised he hasn't been given a chance at full back given how poor Bell and Bennett have been and as he showed last week he can seemingly play anywhere.

Armstrong did ok but he needs to find an end product if he wants to nail down a regular place. I thought Rothwell and Palmer both did well and made a difference, both for me should be starting. Also good to see Brereton have an impact (QPR can have no complaints clear penalty)  let's hope that gives him a much needed confidence boost.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

Dack has been very quiet in recent weeks but he still always tries to make things happen. He played a fantastic ball yesterday, crossfield with the outside of his foot. He has real quality but just seems to be a bit off the boil at the moment.  

55 minutes ago, briansol said:

I can't remember him having to make a save. Must be a first time this season. Other than that looked the part, kicking was good, claimed a couple of dead ball and sniffed out a couple of situations clearing the ball. He's a bigger unit than Raya so he looks a bit more imposing. Still impossible to judge, the centre-backs kept him very well protected. Both Williams and Lenighan was excellent. Williams even dominated Matt Smith in the air which was quite impressive.

I noticed in the team photo how big a unit Williams is. I didn't realise that. Maybe he had a roll at centre half going forward 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Dack has been very quiet in recent weeks but he still always tries to make things happen. He played a fantastic ball yesterday, crossfield with the outside of his foot. He has real quality but just seems to be a bit off the boil at the moment.  

Although Dack probably should have been cautioned by the inept referee when he threw the ball at Lynch (I think it was) I was quite pleased he did. His frustration and anger showed he cares and really fired him up.

The win was satisfying from many perspectives but one that pleased me was that QPR's clear spoiling tactics ultimately didn't work. The delaying of nearly every restart was a deliberate ploy typified by the Dingle Wells who stood over the ball several times to prevent us taking quick free kicks. That said it probably worked for us in a perverse way as the referee couldn't take any action against us when the boot was on the other foot after the goal.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It wasn't pretty (but have any of our home games been?) but a good 3 points against the leagues form team. Reed is not a wide man and he is the best central midfielder at the club he can do what Evans and Smallwood do defensively just as well and he also gives you much more in offence as well. Tony needs to make a tough decision and drop one of Smallwood and Evans in order for Reed to play there. That also allows us to bring Palmer in to the team to play out wide and it will give us some much needed creativity because with the side that started yesterday had too many soldiers and too few artists. 

Both full backs poor again we need to sign a right back to cover for Nyambe as Bennett is not up to the job, hopefully Nyambe will start next week. As for Bell he really is awful (I wonder at times if he is fully awake) once Charlie is back fit lets hope Tony sees sense and puts Williams to left back. I thought that Williams and Lenihan were both excellent yesterday, very dominant even against the dangerous Matt Smith. I was disappointed to see Travis not included in the squad yesterday we need to loan him out in January as he is too good not to be playing and we don't want to risk losing him permanently. I'm surprised he hasn't been given a chance at full back given how poor Bell and Bennett have been and as he showed last week he can seemingly play anywhere.

Armstrong did ok but he needs to find an end product if he wants to nail down a regular place. I thought Rothwell and Palmer both did well and made a difference, both for me should be starting. Also good to see Brereton have an impact (QPR can have no complaints clear penalty)  let's hope that gives him a much needed confidence boost.

Great post