BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, RV Blue said:

Bench (arguably) our most important player and (unarguably) the first name on the team sheet? Don’t think that will happen.

Bennett our most important player? I'd say Dack, Graham, Mulgrew, Reed, Evans, Lenihan, Nyambe and Raya are all more important than him. You say Bennett is the first name on the team sheet but for me he is not our best player in any position. What position do you have him as the first name in. Right back? Nyambe a far better option, Bennett as been poor there. Central Midfield? Probably Bennett's best position but is he playing there ahead of Reed, Evans, Smallwood and even Rodwell not for me. On the wing? For me he lacks creativity in the final third. I'd rather see the flair of Rothwell and Palmer out there or for some games the directness of Armstrong they can all beat a player with skill or pace something Bennett rarely does, they also are more likely for a goal than Bennett.

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

You forgot to mention Bennett's horrific performance at Swansea. He is not a right back he's out of position and dives in far too often and he is also skinned too easily at times. Sides target him there like they used to Nyambe. We have competition at left back why not at right back?

Or you could just keep it simple and bench Bennett for Nyambe.

Bennett starts. Whether its right back, centre midfielder or on the wing. He is one of our best player and plays with his heart on the sleeve. Must start

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett starts. Whether its right back, centre midfielder or on the wing. He is one of our best player and plays with his heart on the sleeve. Must start

I don't doubt his commitment but that shouldn't mean he is guaranteed a start is he a better right back than Nyambe clearly not and it's preposterous to suggest that he should start over Nyambe. Is he a better option in the centre than Smallwood, Evans, Reed or Rodwell again clearly not despite it being his best position. As for on the wing he may start away from home when we are expecting to see less of the ball but tomorrow we are at home and should be looking to attack and in Rothwell and Palmer you have two players who are creative and who unlike Bennett can go past a player and in Palmer's case he has an eye for goal as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Bennett our most important player? I'd say Dack, Graham, Mulgrew, Reed, Evans, Lenihan, Nyambe and Raya are all more important than him. You say Bennett is the first name on the team sheet but for me he is not our best player in any position. What position do you have him as the first name in. Right back? Nyambe a far better option, Bennett as been poor there. Central Midfield? Probably Bennett's best position but is he playing there ahead of Reed, Evans, Smallwood and even Rodwell not for me. On the wing? For me he lacks creativity in the final third. I'd rather see the flair of Rothwell and Palmer out there or for some games the directness of Armstrong they can all beat a player with skill or pace something Bennett rarely does, they also are more likely for a goal than Bennett.

You make some valid points, but I think Bennetts work ethic and passion puts him in the team. That kind of thing is infectus and encourages the others players around him to make that burst, go into that tackle or follow the runner when fatigue kicks in. I have played in teams with lads like that 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You make some valid points, but I think Bennetts work ethic and passion puts him in the team. That kind of thing is infectus and encourages the others players around him to make that burst, go into that tackle or follow the runner when fatigue kicks in. I have played in teams with lads like that 

Think the Brentford game was the best example of that. I don't think Bennett's the best player in any single position on the pitch, but he's extremely well rounded as a footballer and that with his energy means he's next to guaranteed to get in somewhere. 

• Like 3

I was thinking Bennett was the best RB at the club after the Leeds game although I didn't see Sheff U live and since he's been a bit ropey there. I agree as mentioned above the guy is a brilliant utility player, competent in his natural position of course but seems to relish being moved around the team and turns in his best performances when he pops up as a one off in an alternative position.

I personally wouldn’t actually start Dack, he’s an injury concern and has played a lot of games and has looked in need of a rest.!Palmer showed his ability in the hole at West Brom so would give him another oppuntinuty there. Sounds like Mulgrew will be fit so that’s a big plus. Would go with this team:

Leuwiter 

Nyambe, Mulgrew, Williams, Bell

Reed, Smallwood

Rothwell, Palmer, Armstrong 

Graham 

subs: Fisher, Downing, Evans, Davenport, Bennett, Dack, Brereton

23 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I personally wouldn’t actually start Dack, he’s an injury concern and has played a lot of games and has looked in need of a rest.!Palmer showed his ability in the hole at West Brom so would give him another oppuntinuty there. Sounds like Mulgrew will be fit so that’s a big plus. Would go with this team:

Leuwiter 

Nyambe, Mulgrew, Williams, Bell

Reed, Smallwood

Rothwell, Palmer, Armstrong 

Graham 

subs: Fisher, Downing, Evans, Davenport, Bennett, Dack, Brereton

Im sure Mowbray will play Evans Bennett and Rodwell if fit, probs Smallwood and Evans in cm, Reed wide right, Bennett on the left. 

So Rothwell, Palmer and Armstrong all drop do the bench from that lineup imo.Quite a string squad really as all of them are very good options.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I was thinking Bennett was the best RB at the club after the Leeds game although I didn't see Sheff U live and since he's been a bit ropey there. I agree as mentioned above the guy is a brilliant utility player, competent in his natural position of course but seems to relish being moved around the team and turns in his best performances when he pops up as a one off in an alternative position.

I thought he was immense against Leeds too but in other games not so at RB. He is more than capable though but I think he is best suited to CM but cant see him getting in there or as the defensive winger that TM loves, so likely to be there in away games.

Fantastic professional to have around though and always great to have a utility player of his kind that can plug the gaps ably.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Hoping I can manage to get down before 12 to get a ticket.

Otherwise it’s a no go as I WILL NOT PAY A £3 surcharge.

Touch and go with work. Will be really pissed off if I miss out because of the Waggott Tax !!

3-1 win tomorrow

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/onerovers/

Buy now, collect tomorrow. Easy...

8 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

I don't doubt his commitment but that shouldn't mean he is guaranteed a start is he a better right back than Nyambe clearly not and it's preposterous to suggest that he should start over Nyambe. Is he a better option in the centre than Smallwood, Evans, Reed or Rodwell again clearly not despite it being his best position. As for on the wing he may start away from home when we are expecting to see less of the ball but tomorrow we are at home and should be looking to attack and in Rothwell and Palmer you have two players who are creative and who unlike Bennett can go past a player and in Palmer's case he has an eye for goal as well.

I would be playing him wide left/right and stop their best player Luke Freeman from having an Impact. 

For me, he is the 2nd or 3rd name on the teamsheet every week

7 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

For me if everyone is fit only

Raya, Mulgrew, Reed, Bennett, Dack and Graham should be guaranteed starters. There are others who come close but for me that would be the spine of any starting 11 for us. 

If we want to win, Palmer and Rothwell should start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Im sure Mowbray will play Evans Bennett and Rodwell if fit, probs Smallwood and Evans in cm, Reed wide right, Bennett on the left. 

So Rothwell, Palmer and Armstrong all drop do the bench from that lineup imo.Quite a string squad really as all of them are very good options.

Personally would not like us to start with Bennett and Reed on both wings (is that even what its called anymore?) That is too defensive for a home side against a team we would have been aiming to finish above at the start of the season form or not. One of the two perhaps but even then i would prefer we went for it and did not show too much respect for a team that could barely pay wages let alone put a team together not so long ago. 

Reed in CM, Perhaps Bennett on the right, Palmer on the other and Dack behind Graham if all fit. If not, Palmer for Dack in middle, Brereton up front (not gonna happen), Rothwell and Bennett. 

Evans or Smallwood alongside Reed, then whoever we can find that is fit and able to play at the back. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be playing him wide left/right and stop their best player Luke Freeman from having an Impact. 

For me, he is the 2nd or 3rd name on the teamsheet every week

Who are the 1/2 players above being the first name of the team sheet?

When everyone is fit. Dack is first on the team sheet, our talisman and primary source of goals. Him and Mulgrew, our captain, crucial with Lenihan at the back as our only 2 competent centre backs. Raya as our goalkeeper is obvious. Nyambe as our only natural right back. Graham as our only proven striker, and a critical part of our attacking play. So thats 6, plus Reed shares all of Bennetts drive, passion and versatility, aswell as a bit more quality. So for me, thats 7 ahead of him.

Then youve got a straight battle between Williams and Bell at left back. Evans, Rodwell, Bennett and Smallwood as the main group battling for 2 midfield spots and Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong as the main options for the more attacking wide role.

Not dismissing his importance or saying that I wouldnt start him tomorrow but lets not exaggerate!