Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

Leutwiler

Nyambe        Lenihan               Mulgrew      Williams

Reed                    Smallwood

Palmer                        Dack                         Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Fisher, Rodwell, Travis, Bennett, Conway, Armstrong, Brereton

Hope we're a bit more positive with Evans out and play Reed central and play Palmer on the right. I also think Rothwell offers more than Armstrong (who has disappointed this season). Rotherham have only scored 3 goals in 8 away games picking up just 2 points so let's hope we take the game to them and start on the front foot. We don't want another drab lethargic performance like Saturday or against Millwall and Reading.  Both full backs need to be changed as that has been our weak area in recent weeks. And as Mulgrew has been named in the Scottish squad you would expect that he will play this weekend.  

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Leutwiler

Graham

Hope we're a bit more positive with Evans out and play Reed central and play Palmer on the right. I also think Rothwell offers more than Armstrong (who has disappointed this season). Rotherham have only scored 3 goals in 8 away games picking up just 2 points so let's hope we take the game to them and start on the front foot. We don't want another drab lethargic performance like Saturday or against Millwall and Reading.  Both full backs need to be changed as that has been our weak area in recent weeks. And as Mulgrew has been named in the Scottish squad you would expect that he will play this weekend.  

Solid Team! Would give Brereton a shot to start tho see what the lad can give from the 1st minute. Throw Graham on if needed.

I can't see Bennett being dropped. Mowbray will fit him in somewhere I reckon. 

I hope Rodwell, Rothwell and Palmer all start. It's games like this where we should take the shackles off and let the lads on the fringes stake a claim to start. 

If Mowbray goes for the safe and predictable line-up I see a tricky afternoon. This is exactly the type of game where we don't perform. I hate saying that, but I've seen it time and time again. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw. Hopefully I'm miles off and this is the beginning of a new confident rovers comfortable with being favourites and able to dispatch a bottom half team at home, with minimum fuss. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

This is the typical sort of game that we would expect Rovers to win but will struggle and come away with a point. Being defensive against this lot isn't the answer this time, get at them, put them to the sword and lay down a marker to the rest of the league. I think Evans being out will work in iur favour as it may encourage us to play more expansive football. Get Joe Rothwell in there. 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Rodwell Reed

Palmer Dack Rothwell

Brereton

Subs: Leutweiler, Bennett, Smallwood, Armstrong, Graham, Downing, Bell

Ive assumed Raya and Mulgrew are going to be fit. Id like to see the shackles off as this is on paper almost as winnable a game as we will get. 50/50 between the striker, opted to satisfy the want to see Brereton played centrally but would be equally happy with Graham.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Rodwell Reed

Palmer Dack Rothwell

Brereton

Ive assumed Raya and Mulgrew are going to be fit. Id like to see the shackles off as this is on paper almost as winnable a game as we will get. 50/50 between the striker, opted to satisfy the want to see Brereton played centrally but would be equally happy with Graham.

This is basically my team too, only with Bennett in for (probably) Rothwell and I'd opt for Graham too.

Not seen much of Rotherham, but the impression I've got is that despite not having the quality, they're making teams work hard for taking points off them. Think we might need Bennett's energy and graft in this one, hopefully having the quality elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Leutwiler

Graham

Looks a good team on paper but it leaves Nyambe awfully exposed?

My team assuming Mulgrew and Raya are fit

Raya

Reed Smallwood

Bennett            Dack           Palmer

Brereton

Subs:- Luetwiler Rodwell Bell Rothwell Armstrong Conway Graham

If either arent in, Luetwiler in for Raya and Bell for Mulgrew with Williams going to centre back and Bell to left back

17 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Rotherham haven't won away all season, so they're bound to come and play for the point. I'm not sure they'll be able to do it as well as QPR tried to do, but I doubt we'll be trouncing them, either.

Rovers 2 - 0 Rotherham (Arma and Parma)

If they formed an effective double act we could call them Palmstrong....

Or maybe not :p 

Rotherham are a poor away side and have been at this level for some time. Not only this season but also in their last couple of Championship seasons. I don't have the stats but it is dreadful.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I'd have been very confident of a win, however recently they've gone up to Middlesbrough and PNE and got draws so they're certainly no pushovers and seem to have made themselves harder to beat.

Nonetheless we SHOULD win this one. IF we do then we can all go into the November break very pleased with our efforts looking forward to the run through to Christmas. Failure to collect 3 points will leave a taste of disappointment heading into the break, whereas 6 from 6 at home and we can rightly be very satisfied.

• Like 2

Every team Rotherham have faced this season has thought "this has to be 3 points". The majority have been disappointed as Rotherham have W4 D5 L7...

I am confident we will get 3 points as Mowbray will approach this game with all the professionalism and thorough preparation he brings to every game.

It might not be with the starting XI and selection and timing of subs some of us might want and chances are there will be no OLE football but I will be very unpleasantly surprised if Mowbray and the lads don't get the job done.

Rovers to win 1-0.

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

Every team Rotherham have faced this season has thought "this has to be 3 points". The majority have been disappointed as Rotherham have W4 D5 L7...

I am confident we will get 3 points as Mowbray will approach this game with all the professionalism and thorough preparation he brings to every game.

It might not be with the starting XI and selection and timing of subs some of us might want and chances are there will be no OLE football but I will be very unpleasantly surprised if Mowbray and the lads don't get the job done.

Rovers to win 1-0.

15 of those 17 points at home though

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Rodwell Reed

Palmer Dack Rothwell

Brereton

That’s my team too. Those three of Dack/Palmer/Rothwell have the talent to win games on their own. Brereton needs a start up top. Strong bench too, if you need to stifle the game.

Take the shackles off Tony and lets give someone a hammering!

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

• J*B pinned this topic
17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Rodwell Reed

Palmer Dack Rothwell

Brereton

Like that team but cannot see it happening unfortunately. 

Shows our improved strength in depth though when you look at that bench and see five players that could quite easily start. 

Bennett will get in somewhere, probably instead of one of Palmer or Rothwell, doubt BB will start though I would like him to and dont think Rodwell will displace Smallwood (though he should).