BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

Final game before ANOTHER international break hoping we can see this one out with another win. Hoping for some goals in this one as the QPR match was very... meh! Could this be the day Big Ben Brereton snatches his first for the club? Get the hoodoo off his back and get on the goal trail into the mad Christmas period. I spoke with Rotherham fan Joy Calladine about Rotherhams chances in this weekends matches and we also have a SOLID prediction from the cat. 

• Like 1

A huge home banker this.

Expect Rotherham to be mullered.

Rovers even at 8/11 is a licence to print money.

'Fun' bet on this is Rovers to win 4-1 at 33/1.

Hope Brereton plays centre forward and notches a hat-trick.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Peteb2014 said:

The Rotherham supporters will be in the top tier again for this game thought maybe last week was just due to the fireworks and moving the riverside after the game but seems like it could become regular

It makes the DE look sad and pathetic on telly but the fans get a great match view.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

A huge home banker this.

I'm in at 4-1 but not on the Brereton fairytale. He might get 20 mins out wide, hope he gets a goal though.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

A huge home banker this.

How much you staking on us at 8/11 then big time Charlie? 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just read there , of Rotherhams 13 goals scored this season , 6 have been set pieces and another 4 have been penalties. So I think we know what the lads are working on in training this week, set pieces and not giving away penalties!

Most definitely for Lenihan :lol:

We beat Rotherham 1-0 at Ewood in 2015 and they were one of the very few teams we actually beat with Coyle in charge at Ewood, 4-2 in Sept 2016. Along with beating them 2-0 last season we have a pretty solid home record against Rotherham in the past few years. 

Palmer has too start this one. I think he’ll be able to cause them real problems, no reason for us to start with Benno on the wing at home to this lot. Maybe even play Bennett in the middle with Reed. If we turn up I think we’ll have too much for them. No game in this league is easy though. 2-0 Rovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butty said:

How much you staking on us at 8/11 then big time Charlie? 

Enough for the winnings to buy a few nice reds !

Stuck a fiver on 4-1 at 33/1. 

Edited by Mercer

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

A huge home banker this.

Oooh hello, we haven't had a 'licence to print money' for a while have we.

Away win it is then.

• Like 3

I notice Richie Towell is starting for them. He was the outstanding player in the League of Ireland when he went to Brighton. This is his first full season on loan at Rotherham. Things haven't worked out for him as he planned, but starting in the Championship is still good I suppose. He is a tidy player, good flair on the ball, but not the quickest. Good shot on him, so need to watch that. 

We have a great opportunity here to go into the international break in the top 6. We obviously need to win and for Forest and WBA to drop points but they are playing Stoke and Leeds in their fixtures so they haven't got it easy.

Clearly the 3 points is all that really matters for us but it would be brilliant to enjoy a 2 week break in November with us in the top 6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I notice Richie Towell is starting for them. He was the outstanding player in the League of Ireland when he went to Brighton. This is his first full season on loan at Rotherham. Things haven't worked out for him as he planned, but starting in the Championship is still good I suppose. He is a tidy player, good flair on the ball, but not the quickest. Good shot on him, so need to watch that. 

Hey! Rotherham fan here to help in friendly discussion before the game on Saturday. Unfortunatlty I'm not able to make it to Ewood Park, so I'll be looking to follow this one on the radio.

Richie Towell was on loan with us all last season and played a key part in in our promotion back to the championship. He's been out of form for the past couple of games but always gives 100%.

The team is still pretty much the side we came up with from league 1, with the addition of a right back and centre mid. We are punching above our weight a little in this league, but we are doing it the right way.....

What to expect from us? 100% team work etheic, we will probably come and look to stay in the game add in a holding midfielder and look to break. we have managed to mark up 5 points from the last 3 games which included Swansea and Middlesborough, all hard fought.

As one of your posters noted earlier, most teams look at us and think an easy 3 points. If you are playing well and on your game you may do that, our away form is not the best this season, but come into the game thinking it should be stright forward and you may find you have a frustrating afternoon!.

My money will be on a 0-0 or 1-1 draw!

Edited by millersfan
monry - money!
  • Like 2

Just now, millersfan said:

Hey! Rotherham fan here to help in friendly discussion before the game on Saturday. Unfortunatlty I'm not able to make it to Ewood Park, so I'll be looking to follow this one on the radio.

Richie Towell was on loan with us all last season and played a key part in in our promotion back to the championship. He's been out of form for the past couple of games but always gives 100%.

The team is still pretty much the side we came up with from league 1, with the addition of a right back and centre mid. We are punching above our weight a little in this league, but we are doing it the right way.....

What to expect from us? 100% team work etheic, we will probably come and look to stay in the game add in a holding midfielder and look to break. we have managed to mark up 5 points from the last 3 games which included Swansea and Middlesborough, all hard fought.

As one of your posters noted earlier, most teams look at us and think an easy 3 points. If you are playing well and on your game you may do that, our away form is not the best this season, but come into the game thinking it should be stright forward and you may find you have a frustrating afternoon!.

Won't pretend to know a great deal about your side but your results show that you clearly know how to dig in, think getting the first goal here could be crucial for Rovers. 

See that Vaulks is suspended, big loss do you feel?

25 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Won't pretend to know a great deal about your side but your results show that you clearly know how to dig in, think getting the first goal here could be crucial for Rovers. 

See that Vaulks is suspended, big loss do you feel?

Yes, vaulks will be a loss! We have found that Vaulks, Towell and Manning (on loan from QPR) have a really good drive and energy in midfiled. That does lead to us moving Ajayi into a holding midfield role which I think we would have done anyway. I dont think there will be many goals in this game.....

Hows richie smallwood doing? I was sad to see him leave us, always gave 100% and would put himself on the line.... he did seem to get a nosebleed if he was too far up the pitch though ?

It does seem you are having a really good start back in the championship, i'd have had wigan doing the best of the 3 teams promoted.

Edited by millersfan

34 minutes ago, millersfan said:

Ah, I see. I thought he joined you last January. He was some player in league of Ireland. 

A draw wouldn't massively surprise me,  it's typical of the type of game we make hard work of. Although I think we will win. Our record against you is decent and we are definitely better than last year. 

I will go 2-0

27 minutes ago, millersfan said:

Yes, vaulks will be a loss! We have found that Vaulks, Towell and Manning (on loan from QPR) have a really good drive and energy in midfiled. That does lead to us moving Ajayi into a holding midfield role which I think we would have done anyway. I dont think there will be many goals in this game.....

Hows richie smallwood doing? I was sad to see him leave us, always gave 100% and would put himself on the line.... he did seem to get a nosebleed if he was too far up the pitch though ?

It does seem you are having a really good start back in the championship, i'd have had wigan doing the best of the 3 teams promoted.

Pretty much how he is viewed here too. Nobody can doubt his desire and workrate and he gets some of the dog work done so our more advanced players can do their job.

Not bad in goal too.

Edited by JacknOry

4 minutes ago, millersfan said:

Smallwood's been an amazingly popular figure pretty much since day one. After years of disconnect between players & fans, you probably couldn't have picked a better character & player to come in and he was hugely important in our promotion.

This season has probably seen a reasonable number Rovers fans be a bit more apprehensive about how well he can make the step up, but personally I think he's winning over plenty of however many doubters there were. As you say, not the most gifted with the ball at his feet, but has played a big part in beating teams that you'd have to say have probably got better technical players than us, and lays a great platform for the likes of Dack to exploit. 

Everyone's willing him to do well though. Fairly certain most Rovers fans enjoyed this winner more than we did promotion!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Smallwood's been an amazingly popular figure pretty much since day one. After years of disconnect between players & fans, you probably couldn't have picked a better character & player to come in and he was hugely important in our promotion.

This season has probably seen a reasonable number Rovers fans be a bit more apprehensive about how well he can make the step up, but personally I think he's winning over plenty of however many doubters there were. As you say, not the most gifted with the ball at his feet, but has played a big part in beating teams that you'd have to say have probably got better technical players than us, and lays a great platform for the likes of Dack to exploit. 

Everyone's willing him to do well though. Fairly certain most Rovers fans enjoyed this winner more than we did promotion!

Yes, smallwood was a fan favourite at Rotherham as well, Vaulks is in a very similar mould. Not always the best on the ball but doesnt shirk and stands to be counted. He's chipped in with a few goals as well.

Who doesnt like an outfiled player who will go in the net though ?

• Like 2

I'm one of the doubters. Thought he was great last season! Lost his way tho since then. Personally think it's because of him & Evans Both starting in the centre - too much alike for me. (No creativity) Smallwood can show his potential when he play along side reed in the centre. See how he gets on this weekend! 

• Like 3