BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

24 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I'm one of the doubters. Thought he was great last season! Lost his way tho since then. Personally think it's because of him & Evans Both starting in the centre - too much alike for me. (No creativity) Smallwood can show his potential when he play along side reed in the centre. See how he gets on this weekend! 

yes, I heard that reed was a pretty good player.... I think everyone now knows about Dack!

I thought Evans was a player we had seen the best of and frankly expected Smallwood to be a liability in the Chamionship.

The performances of both are an enormous bonus this season and probably together are the core reason for us sitting in 8th rather than 18th. 

• Like 5

Raya may play depending on whether he is comfortable wearing it

Mowbray says if Mulgrew isnt fit to play he wont be going with Scotland..

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17211718.no-scotland-call-for-mulgrew-if-he-doesnt-play-for-rovers/?ref=mac

Mowbray says a few senior players are carrying knocks, making then 'touch and go' for tomorrow https://t.co/VT5gkItN3j

Edited by chaddyrovers

To be honest, if there are a few others with knocks and we could be seeing up to five changes for this game - I am not sure this would be such a bad thing. We might get to see Rothwell, Palmer, and Brereton from the start. Reed might get played in CM and perhaps even Rodwell will get more minutes somewhere. Either that or we end up with no strikers on the field etc.

Not the worst game to suffer in terms of knocks. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I'm one of the doubters. Thought he was great last season! Lost his way tho since then. Personally think it's because of him & Evans Both starting in the centre - too much alike for me. (No creativity) Smallwood can show his potential when he play along side reed in the centre. See how he gets on this weekend! 

Kind of agree in regards to having two similar players at the same time on the field but this is how TM likes to play - at least against the better teams. Would prefer Reed alongside one of them instead ideally. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

To be honest, if there are a few others with knocks and we could be seeing up to five changes for this game - I am not sure this would be such a bad thing. We might get to see Rothwell, Palmer, and Brereton from the start. Reed might get played in CM and perhaps even Rodwell will get more minutes somewhere. Either that or we end up with no strikers on the field etc.

We can’t keep making 3-5 changes per match - we need some consistency in the line-up if we’re to mount an outside push for the play-offs.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Agree. I think it would be a good game to give run outs to the guys you mention 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We can’t keep making 3-5 changes per match - we need some consistency in the line-up if we’re to mount an outside push for the play-offs.

We don't. The last time there were wholesale changes was the Bolton game. Mowbray definitely can't be accused of chopping and changing. If anything he is too far the other way 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya may play depending on whether he is comfortable wearing it

Mowbray says if Mulgrew isnt fit to play he wont be going with Scotland..

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17211718.no-scotland-call-for-mulgrew-if-he-doesnt-play-for-rovers/?ref=mac

Mowbray says a few senior players are carrying knocks, making then 'touch and go' for tomorrow https://t.co/VT5gkItN3j

Sounds fair enough. We can't jeopardize our season because McLeish, O'Neill and O'Neill want to drag lads carrying knocks over for friendlies. I know , I know, you need to talk the players out of it too and that is probably the trickiest part. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Beat me to it. Maybe having Tony's hand forced can unlock the potential we really have and it's a chance for other players to break up the players Tony sees as guaranteed starters and earn the shirt for themselves. 

It could also show how right Tony has been all season but either way it makes for an interesting game tomorrow and with all the respect in the world you couldn't ask to play better opposition at home to change it up and hopefully play a few more artists. We are going to need them to unlock what will be a stubborn well drilled team.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, millersfan said:

A good write up for the Rotherham side this weekend. I didn’t realise your home form was that good.... tough game ahead!

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/sport/view,paul-warne-plans-for-a-first-rotherham-united-league-match-in-11-months-wit_29381.htm

“They're a really good team, they're really organised and their two up top (Danny Graham and Adam Armstrong) are probably the most in-form strikers in the division at the moment

Has he actually watched us?? Armstrong is doing ok, but I wouldn't say he is one of the most in form strikers in the division, or playing as a striker for that matter! 

And we accuse Mowbary of bigging up the opposition 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not really suggesting we make 3-5 changes each game - just that its hardly the worst game of the season to rest a few that are carrying them, probably one of the best in fact. We have some decent squad depth now and some of us have been saying we would like to see some of them a bit more. Those players coming in will also see it as a chance to push themselves into better contention for future games as well. I would certainly rather rest these players now while we have a chance so that they can recover. 

Knocks wise who do we think it is? We know Raya and Mulgrew but who could the other three be? Dack perhaps, Graham I would suggest as he picks them up quite regularly - as for the third, could be anyone to be honest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

“They're a really good team, they're really organised and their two up top (Danny Graham and Adam Armstrong) are probably the most in-form strikers in the division at the moment

Has he actually watched us?? Armstrong is doing ok, but I wouldn't say he is one of the most in form strikers in the division, or playing as a striker for that matter! 

And we accuse Mowbary of bigging up the opposition 

I would not call Graham in form either really - should have scored at least one last time out. He has been playing well all season admittedly but he is nowhere near the top scorers in the division. I know his role is not really all about goals as a target man and he has a more important job of bringing others in to play but to say he and especially AA are the most in-form in the division is way over the top.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not really suggesting we make 3-5 changes each game - just that its hardly the worst game of the season to rest a few that are carrying them, probably one of the best in fact. We have some decent squad depth now and some of us have been saying we would like to see some of them a bit more. Those players coming in will also see it as a chance to push themselves into better contention for future games as well. I would certainly rather rest these players now while we have a chance so that they can recover. 

Knocks wise who do we think it is? We know Raya and Mulgrew but who could the other three be? Dack perhaps, Graham I would suggest as he picks them up quite regularly - as for the third, could be anyone to be honest. 

I read somewhere , possibly the LT that it is Lenihan, Evans and Williams. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I read somewhere , possibly the LT that it is Lenihan, Evans and Williams. 

Ouch, not so good then if that is true. So we could potentially be without Mulgrew, Lenihan and now Williams? January cannot come quick enough - we need a CB.

Well Evans is suspended anyway so we knew about that one and we have players perfectly suited to replace him.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I would not call Graham in form either really - should have scored at least one last time out. He has been playing well all season admittedly but he is nowhere near the top scorers in the division. I know his role is not really all about goals as a target man and he has a more important job of bringing others in to play but to say he and especially AA are the most in-form in the division is way over the top.

I gave Graham a pass as on his day he can be :) 

Ya a comically over the top assessment from their manager. He must be telling the players Dack in contention for the Balon D'or 

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Ouch, not so good then if that is true. So we could potentially be without Mulgrew, Lenihan and now Williams? January cannot come quick enough - we need a CB.

Well Evans is suspended anyway so we knew about that one and we have players perfectly suited to replace him.

Ya, it sounds like lads that were out injured are after coming back managing the knocks they had.  This break could be good, but all 4 of the injury concerns are potentially going to be involved with their countries. Not ideal 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I gave Graham a pass as on his day he can be :) 

Ya a comically over the top assessment from their manager. He must be telling the players Dack in contention for the Balon D'or 

Well me too, I wouldnt swap graham for anyone else for what he does. I accept that he is there more to allow Dack to bang them in but then he has been a little off his game in recent matches.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, JacknOry said:

Well me too, I wouldnt swap graham for anyone else for what he does. I accept that he is there more to allow Dack to bang them in but then he has been a little off his game in recent matches.

Hopefully it all clicks Saturday and we have a nice little comprehensive, non stressful win to send us into the international break 

• Like 2

I foresee another match similar to last week where the visitors are content to slow the tempo of the game at every opportunity. We either need an early goal or a referee who is switched on enough to stop this.

Hopefully another three points to take us into the early Winter break on a high.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We don't. The last time there were wholesale changes was the Bolton game. Mowbray definitely can't be accused of chopping and changing. If anything he is too far the other way 

He’s constantly changing our wide men for one. He keeps our spine consistent, but everything else seems up for grabs on a weekly basis save for perhaps a fit Nyambe. I can’t remember the last time I saw that we were unchanged - and yes I appreciate injuries play their part.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s constantly changing our wide men for one. He keeps our spine consistent, but everything else seems up for grabs on a weekly basis save for perhaps a fit Nyambe. I can’t remember the last time I saw that we were unchanged - and yes I appreciate injuries play their part.

It's really only those two positions. He sticks with other players to a fault at times. We have a big squad and he needs to keep players happy and involved. 

I think he is managing the squad well all things considered 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17211726.technically-we-have-to-evolve-says-rovers-boss/

Let's hope that this is of sign that we are going to be a bit more adventurous with the likes of Rothwell and Palmer (two technically very good players) getting more chances.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

4 Changes for Bolton

4 Changes for Leeds

0 Changes for Swansea

5 Changes for West Brom

6 Changes for QPR

• Like 1