BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

poor result, poor first half, great second half apart from our finishing,  rotherham really poor, worst team at ewood this season. and should of lost by 4-5 if our finishing was on point today, but yeah 2 points dropped for sure and lessons learnt, brereton looking better each game and rothwell has to be a starter he looked good in is cameo, and nyambe if fit should never ever be left on the god damn bench again, he was the man of the match for me

Wasted opportunity - really. Just look at the stats to the game, the chances, the possession. 

We are a solid team that is difficult to beat but we dont score many, especially in open play. Couple that with half our defence injured and even when fit it is sure to leak goals and you can see why our goal difference is minus compared to others around us being +6/7.

We have done excellent to get where we are but there is something not quite right. 

Just now, Tom said:

Breaking news 

Mercer has his licence to print money revoked 

Honestly how anyone still entertains this chump I do not know. Should have a banning order on here in the build up to matches. If he was genuine with his ‘bets’ he’d be living in a tent and divorced by now.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

If the keeper and defenders had made mistakes that costed goals we'd all have been blaming them.

So the inability to win this one (and others) is solely down to the forward lines mistakes.

It's been a running theme with us for a few years. As we all know, even when we win we very rarely win well (and easy) and our goal difference always seem to be poor relative to the teams around us.

We need a striker!:goal:

Should be sat 6th right now.

Dack and Graham have not been on it of late and it really shows. Sure Dack got a goal in the end but it was one of his poorer performances for us tbh. Graham again missed some big chances and when those two are not tucking them away we will always struggle. 

Shambolic result.

All bets on Rovers are down but not bothered.

Serious question marks against Mowbray.

Our £7million striker sat rooted to the bench until last 15 minutes or so.

IMV, a steady Eddie but not a manager to take us to the promised land.

Glad I'm going out tonight!

We are now unbeaten in our last 5 games, we have to play a certain way as we can’t compete with the money in this leagues. It’s up to other teams to break us down which they have trouble with...

good luck for the rest of the season and I’ll drop by again next March before you come to the New York ?

Just now, Roboftherovers82 said:

5 draws at home now utter crap sorry we need to bring in a finisher in jan to help out graham or least give ben a run out 

He spent £7million doing that - time he played the feckin lad from the start.

Just now, millersfan said:

We are now unbeaten in our last 5 games, we have to play a certain way as we can’t compete with the money in this leagues. It’s up to other teams to break us down which they have trouble with...

good luck for the rest of the season and I’ll drop by again next March before you come to the New York ?

Good luck mate - you seem a decent chap.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Shambolic result.

All bets on Rovers are down but not bothered.

Serious question marks against Mowbray.

Our £7million striker sat rooted to the bench until last 15 minutes or so.

Glad I'm going out tonight!

Do you ever look at your own 'Don't worry, it's in the bag' style comments after the game and think..."Ee eck, I'm a bit of a wazzock sometimes, maybe I shouldn't say that crap?"

• Like 1

Said it before. Mowbray is a more liked version of bowyer. No consistency at all. Fair play to Rotherham but to be honest even their fans would say they will either scrape survival or relegation so teams like this should be put away at home.

Also feel the manager is stuck in his ways with certain players. If Brereton missed the chances graham has recently, half the fan base would be saying get out of the loan to buy deal by anyway possible.

Can anyone honestly say the Cardiff team that went up is much better than this Rovers team? I can't.

• Backroom
Just now, millersfan said:

Good result for you, a little unadventurous at times and some frustrating time wasting but that’s football; Rovers fans used to love Tugay and his trademark 5 minute walk offs, it’s the refs jobs to clamp down on it.

Frustrating for Rovers but football has and always will be the same, you need to take your chances and today we didn’t.

I do think Mowbray was too slow to make changes today and bizarrely wasn’t going to bring Brereton on until the Rotherham goal he was swapping Graham for Rothwell 

Just now, Mercer said:

There is something Bowyeresque about the whole situation, I'll give you that.

Nosebleed every time the Championship top six looks likely.

Get your money on an 8th place finish. It's a license to print money.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Said it before. Mowbray is a more liked version of bowyer. No consistency at all. Fair play to Rotherham but to be honest even their fans would say they will either scrape survival or relegation so teams like this should be put away at home.

Also feel the manager is stuck in his ways with certain players. If Brereton missed the chances graham has recently, half the fan base would be saying get out of the loan to buy deal by anyway possible.

Can anyone honestly say the Cardiff team that went up is much better than this Rovers team? I can't.

Just think he needs to be braver at home. Be proactive rather than reactive. 

We created enough chances but it wasnt happening - changes should have been made on the 60-70 min mark.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Do you ever look at your own 'Don't worry, it's in the bag' style comments after the game and think..."Ee eck, I'm a bit of a wazzock sometimes, maybe I shouldn't say that crap?"

Nope.

You get feelings about games.

If I have a hunch, I run with it.