BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

Just now, Mercer said:

Nope.

You get feelings about games.

If I have a hunch, I run with it.

OK. It's just, that isn't looking like a sound strategy. No offence, but your hunches (at least about Rovers) seem to be terrible. Which does usually happen with your own team to be fair, hard to look past the red rose tinted spectacles.

But all these grand proclamations rile people up - could you not just keep them to yourself, or at least state them less matter-of-factly? Ie, 'I've got a feeling we're getting back into this' rather than 'Just sit back with your pipe and slippers, and crack open the champagne lads' when we're 1-0 down?

• Like 2

Just now, JacknOry said:

Just think he needs to be braver at home. Be proactive rather than reactive. 

We created enough chances but it wasnt happening - changes should have been made on the 60-70 min mark.

All reminiscent of the season we went down.  IMV, too negative - his changes rarely effect games positively for Rovers.

Really have to question that performance from Danny Graham, not good enough. Lost a yard more this season for me and needs dropping for the 7m pound man. 

Saw a tabloid piece suggesting Gestede to Rovers in January. Just what we need in my opinion.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Just think he needs to be braver at home. Be proactive rather than reactive. 

We created enough chances but it wasnt happening - changes should have been made on the 60-70 min mark.

Rothwell should of come on earlier. The lad is a machine! Think brereton needs to start against Preston. Will be a very tough game seeing as they beat Bristol city away. Hate to say it, see us getting beat on the 24th.

Possession 66-34

Shots 26- 13

On target 10- 1 (we know which one!)

Corners 11 - 3

No way you blame Mowbray unless you say Brereton's height would have been more effective than DG's efforts- with hindsight yes it would. We got a point at Derby we never should have done (they got beaten 0-3 home to Villa today) and Rotherham got a point today they shouldn't have done.  

Getting 6 points at PNE and Wigan would be lovely...

• Like 3

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Really have to question that performance from Danny Graham, not good enough. Lost a heard more this season for me and needs dropping for the 7m pound man. 

Wondering if he might have been one carrying a knock. Him and Dack both look like they need resting. Either to actually 'rest' them or give them a little bit of a kick up the ass. Being guaranteed starters all the time is not always a good thing. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

We will finish 7th with the highest points total for 10 years in that position only to miss out on goal difference by a single goal. 

Genuinely I’d be shocked if we finish 7th-8th. We’re a bloody tough nut to crack that’s for sure but we haven’t got enough about us to trouble the play-offs. Can’t score enough and can’t put ANY games to bed.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Rothwell should of come on earlier. The lad is a machine! Think brereton needs to start against Preston. Will be a very tough game seeing as they beat Bristol city away. Hate to say it, see us getting beat on the 24th.

Like the look of Rothwell.  To me, the lad has an obvious spark.  He and Brereton MUST start at PNE but with this manager there's no chance of that happening.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

Possession 66-34

Shots 26- 13

Corners 11 - 3

No way you blame Mowbray unless you say Brereton's height would have been more effective than DG's efforts- with hindsight yes it would. We got a point at Derby we never should have done (they got beaten 0-3 home to Villa today) and Rotherham got a point today they shouldn't have done.  

Not directly can you blame him as it was the players that wasted the opportunities but when would you suggest we make changes up front? After the 20th missed chance? he should have brought on different options sooner IMO.

Just now, philipl said:

Possession 66-34

Shots 26- 13

Corners 11 - 3

Your recent posts have been interesting to say the least!

Are you Rovers' secret PR man!?

• Backroom

Some good positives today 

The aforementioned Nyambe, raya came through unscathed, Rodwell looks totally assured, Palmer and Armstrong both a handful and Brereton again making an impact.

Graham had a stinker again though and Dack enigmatic, he kept tripping over the ball but somehow by doing so fooled defenders and opened it up.

For me it’s time to roll the dice and throw in Brereton from the off 

• Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Genuinely I’d be shocked if we finish 7th-8th. We’re a bloody tough nut to crack that’s for sure but we haven’t got enough about us to trouble the play-offs. Can’t score enough and can’t put ANY games to bed.

Was said in jest as we went down under TM in similar circumstances.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Really poor result. The manager's lack of courage and our love of conceding goals will torpedo any playoff hopes. Mid table is still a decent achievement but it's going to be a shame to think of what might have been, much like GB's first season in charge. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Except if we'd been like that all season, the relegation zone would have eluded us by some distance. I suspect even Mowbray knew that he couldn't undo Dunkin Donut's hard work, but I think Mowbray has more than paid that debt now.

I agree - the damage was already done. TMs results over a season would have seen us midtable. Just could have been different if we were braver ins ome games - Yoevil as an example. We went down by a single goal.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Really have to question that performance from Danny Graham, not good enough. Lost a yard more this season for me and needs dropping for the 7m pound man. 

Saw a tabloid piece suggesting Gestede to Rovers in January. Just what we need in my opinion.

Cannot see it. Does not fit the young and hungry mold and would be on a fair whack now I imagine, Not sure he is what we need either.

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Really poor result. The manager's lack of courage and our love of conceding goals will torpedo any playoff hopes. Mid table is still a decent achievement but it's going to be a shame to think of what might have been, much like GB's first season in charge. 

This league is wide open.

Any half decent side with a half decent manager would go very close.  Momentum and confidence so important.

It's Boro and one other for me with Villa as very strong dark horses.  Smith is a shrewd operator - watch them go after today.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Just now, davefarnworth said:

Good position for a team just gone up. Very conservative manager. Mowbray has done well but the double-edged sword. Do Venkys go for it next season or do we stay in this division with a manager who will keep us where

we are today ? Have no faith in Venkys so this will probably be the immediate future 

Stick with TM - he seems to have a plan. Hopefully this plan expands to being a bit braver as he builds the squad the way he likes it.

Do not trust we will get anyone better and likewise somebody that the owners seemingly trust.

• Like 2

A point isn’t the end of the world like some people are acting but it is definitely a missed oppuntinuty. We’re punching above our weight to be challenging for the top 6 yet we could and probaly should be highier with How we’ve played. We seem to be the nearly men at the moment, getting close to the play offs but never actually getting there and cementing our position. There’s no doubt that getting into then playoffs would be a great achievement and experience for this squad that TM is building, as I imagine the plan for us is to push for promotion over the next 2 seasons after this one.

A concern for me Is definetly DG. I love the man and he’s still an important player for us but he’s not getting the goals. I imagine a striker will be top of TM wish list and he’s already stated that he thinks we’re one short in that area so one to keep an eye on. I Also don’t think Dack has been up to standard in recent weeks despite some of the goals he has chipped in with, hopefully back to his best after the international break. 

On a more positive note great to see Brereton finally Show his worth. He’s changed the games for us in his last two outings and without him we’d be 3 points lesser off. He’s another young player who’s begginging to really contribute to the first 11, and even if we do lose Dack next summer our squad is looking strong with lots of options.

Another poor performance at home, attendances aren't going to improve unless the quality of football improves 9 home league games and only one and a half good performances the rest has just been dour. 

Why on earth does Tony keep picking Amari'i Bell the man is utterly useless he hasn't got a clue what to do when defending or attacking. Bennett was shocking again at full back (we need cover for Nyambe in January) and he was only slightly better in midfield. He's been poor for a little while, time to be dropped to the bench in my opinion.

Dack may not have been at his best of late but he has saved us again today. Graham is looking well of it at the moment, especially in front of goal. I thought that Armstrong and Palmer were both bright as were Rothwell and Brereton when coming on (a shame it took going a goal down for Tony to react with the subs). The one plus point is that we are now scoring some late goals of our own. But the simple fact is at the moment we are not scoring enough goals and to do that Tony needs to let the hand break of a bit (especially at home). 

Two points dropped today for sure, but 8 points from 5 games since the last international break is about what i expected, probably would have said won today, drawn against Leeds, drawn at Swansea and lose at WBA, still they all add up the same.

It's what's great about this league in a way, you think you have it cracked and a result like todays crops up, i expected to win but i'm really not shocked that we havent, i'm suprised as many on here are to be honest.

Hopefully this two week break will do Graham & Dack the world of good as something just isnt happening for them at the minute, as after this break there isnt much of a respite until March.

• Like 1