BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs Rotherham

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought you didn't attend. I was there so I trust my judgement thanks. 

Brereton was coming on before Rotherham scored actually. 

Maybe look at the stats before commenting we were negative when you weren't there

Will be at the Wigan, Middlesbrough and Leeds away games - all dusted and sorted.  Will you be there?

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

How can you afford to have a family when you lose so much money betting on Rovers ? 

A monkey sticking a pin on a paper gets more results right than you. 

Rest assured James I win significantly more than I lose with my betting hobby!!!

Edited by Mercer

• Backroom

I think Rothwell is a good little player and deserves a go but thought he was pretty poor yesterday in his brief time his passes seemed a yard behind where they should be.

He’s much better than the player I thought he’d be when he signed though and like Dack and Palmer one of our few players who will see the ball coming to them and be looking to make something happen rather than just passing it back to the middle, frustrating and obvious when it doesn’t come off but I like the drive to make it happen.

11 hours ago, Tom said:

I had an eye on the dugout just before the goal, Rothwell was coming on but Brereton hadn’t been sent to warm up and was still sat with his jacket on 

When Graham went down injured Brereton was warming up and was called back immediately to the dug-out. I assumed that they decided to wait to see how Graham felt having carried on for a bit before they made the sub.

Frustrating result yesterday but an infinitely better performance than the shocker against QPR and over the two games four points is probably a fair return.

Not sure what Brereton has to do to earn a start. In the last two games he has been brought on too late for a couple of ten minute cameos, but still created a couple of goals and generally looked threatening and direct even stuck out of position on the flank.

By way of contrast Graham has had the odd really good game this season but nore often than not has looked completely past it. The roles of Brereton and Graham need to be reversed imo, Brereton needs to be starting and Graham could come on to try and hold the ball up etc and take the pressure off us in the last 20 when hopefully we have a lead to protect.

Dack has also been completely off the boil for the last four or five games as well and I didn't think he was any better yesterday again either until he scored then it was like a light had been switched on and he looked a completely different player for the final few minutes. Let's hope that's the end of his barren spell.

Elsewhere I thought Nyambe was sensational when he came on and showed what we've been missing in his absence. Smallwood for me had one of his best games of the season beforr being sacrificed and I thought Palmer and Bell looked promising although the latter let himelf down with poor delivery after doing really well to get himself into dangerous positions on a number of areas.

Overall at the moment we look more likely to finish mid table than in the play off positions for me, we just aren't quite there yet. That's not terrible after being promoted but you feel it could be even better if if Brereton came in up front and were to be a hit and were to bring in at least one wide genuine man in in January and Tony iwere to be a bit more adventurous with his selections and let the players off the leash for 90 minutes as opposed to 45 minutes per match.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think Rothwell is a good little player and deserves a go but thought he was pretty poor yesterday in his brief time his passes seemed a yard behind where they should be.

He’s much better than the player I thought he’d be when he signed though and like Dack and Palmer one of our few players who will see the ball coming to them and be looking to make something happen rather than just passing it back to the middle, frustrating and obvious when it doesn’t come off but I like the drive to make it happen.

Yes I thought Rothwell was poor when he came on as well, possibly too eager to impress, which is maybe understandable given the lack of opportunity he has had despite looking impressive on the rare occasions he has featured.

19 minutes ago, only2garners said:

When Graham went down injured Brereton was warming up and was called back immediately to the dug-out. I assumed that they decided to wait to see how Graham felt having carried on for a bit before they made the sub.

Graham should have been hooked yesterday well before he may or may not have picked up an injury.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yesterday I was disappointed with Dack and Graham. But when it came to having an ineffectual game Bell won hands down. I think it is time TM admitted to himself that he has signed a dollopper in Bell and dropped him.

If there was ever a player who needed a king sized rocket up their arse its Bell. He seems so lackadaisical but you can tell there’s a decent footballer in there. Very frustrating. 

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Brereton is REALLY highly rated by literally everyone I know in football. Most cannot believe that we’ve got him. But he’s not ready.

How can anyone say he's not ready? He hasn't been given an opportunity to play down the middle yet so no-one knows.

If he had been played there and failed to imprress then that view might have some validity.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Neal said:

and our centre halves won everything but the header that cost us the goal. 

Agree on all your points apart from this one, They had two free headers in the first half which they should have scored both. Corners and high balls still worry me.

We are a small team. Why do we continue to lump corners in the air into the box? Surely some variety can be worked out on the training ground. And when they have a corner why Isn't little, fast Armstrong waiting in the centre circle?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Graham should have been hooked yesterday well before he may or may not have picked up an injury.

I agree. He wasnt a focus point at all yesterday. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes I thought Rothwell was poor when he came on as well, possibly too eager to impress, which is maybe understandable given the lack of opportunity he has had despite looking impressive on the rare occasions he has featured.

Have to strongly disagree there. 

We need his passing, running with ball and drive yesterday.

Just now, Mercer said:

Good lad.  Buy you a pint then?

No thanks. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Rovers are missing some direct competition for Graham imo. An experienced, powerful striker.

Brereton is REALLY highly rated by literally everyone I know in football. Most cannot believe that we’ve got him. But he’s not ready.

How do you know hes not ready? He played over a season in Nottingham Forests first team, hes not an untested player like Nuttall. Thats how hes forged the reputation all these people you "know in football" mention in the first place. And are you saying that hes not even ready to push Graham?

We cant afford to spend 7m on a player whose unable to contribute yet. In the last 2 games, in small cameos, hes won a penalty and set up a goal, so he clearly can offer something. Surely hes worth a start in the near future, perhaps at Deepdale, as a number 9, where he is best suited? Take off the cotton wool and give him a go in his best position.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Frustrating result yesterday but an infinitely better performance than the shocker against QPR and over the two games four points is probably a fair return.

Not sure what Brereton has to do to earn a start. In the last two games he has been brought on too late for a couple of ten minute cameos, but still created a couple of goals and generally looked threatening and direct even stuck out of position on the flank.

By way of contrast Graham has had the odd really good game this season but nore often than not has looked completely past it. The roles of Brereton and Graham need to be reversed imo, Brereton needs to be starting and Graham could come on to try and hold the ball up etc and take the pressure off us in the last 20 when hopefully we have a lead to protect.

Dack has also been completely off the boil for the last four or five games as well and I didn't think he was any better yesterday again either until he scored then it was like a light had been switched on and he looked a completely different player for the final few minutes. Let's hope that's the end of his barren spell.

Elsewhere I thought Nyambe was sensational when he came on and showed what we've been missing in his absence. Smallwood for me had one of his best games of the season beforr being sacrificed and I thought Palmer and Bell looked promising although the latter let himelf down with poor delivery after doing really well to get himself into dangerous positions on a number of areas.

Overall at the moment we look more likely to finish mid table than in the play off positions for me, we just aren't quite there yet. That's not terrible after being promoted but you feel it could be even better if if Brereton came in up front and were to be a hit and were to bring in at least one wide genuine man in in January and Tony iwere to be a bit more adventurous with his selections and let the players off the leash for 90 minutes as opposed to 45 minutes per match.

Thats incredibly harsh on Graham. For me, up to and including the Leeds game, he was at that point our best player of the season, his strike play has been more often than not textbook and a perfect foil for Dack to continue to score goals at an impressive rate. 

I also dont think "barren spell" is fair on Dack, his general game has not quite been up to it but im reluctant to suggest hes out of form or be too harsh on him whilst the goals keep flowing, 3 in 6, 6 in 11, 8 in 14, his consistently excellent goals return guarantees him as first on the team sheet

We do need to be much better going forward, and we certainly have the players to do so much better. At times I feel like we lack invention and intelligence, the stat showing us as having the most long balls in the league is testament to that, and I don't know how many times I have seen us get the ball in wide positions and put in lazy thoughtless crosses that are usually cut out by the first man.

Graham should have more than 3 league goals, and 2 combined goals between Armstrong, Brereton, Palmer, Rothwell and Bennett isnt enough, and has left us still scratching our heads and debating amongst ourselves as to what the best formula is. The stat from @blueboy3333 (was it 5 goals from open play in 9 home games?) and also the one that weve scored just 1 goal in the first half at home this season suggest that our attacking players need to improve their numbers, and that Mowbray needs to come across a way of playing that improves these figures.

I think there is plenty to improve on considering the praise we have got for our season so far. We need to be better going forward, we need to stop starting home games so slowly, we need to stop throwing away points from winning positions and we need more goals aside from Dack. 

• Like 1

Watched the highlights there. Graham really should have scored the second half chance where he was teed up by Dack. Bread and butter for a striker in form. 

Armstrong looked really busy in and around their box. Looked like the keeper got a touch on the one that hit the bar.

Brereton did really, really well for the goal. Picked it up on the edge of the box(first touch not great), he then proceeded to turn and run directly at their defence. Was very alert to get onto the Bennet cross that got in behind then. Needs to start soon I think. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Like playing the stock market, you don't put all your heads in one basket!

As a shareholder in Labrokes I love mug punters

All your Rovers betting losses will be coming to me in the form of share price gains and dividends.

Thank you

Edited by jim mk2

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Yesterday I was disappointed with Dack and Graham. But when it came to having an ineffectual game Bell won hands down. I think it is time TM admitted to himself that he has signed a dollopper in Bell and dropped him.

Bell gets filed in the Samuel signing category, similar fees as well tied up in lads who he's reluctant to play in their natural positions consistently when they are fit.