BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

23 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Saw the highlights of the Chorley game. Ex-Rover O'Keefe with the opener for the Magpies and then Matty Unwin pulled off some fine saves. 

That challenge from Challinor though was a disgrace. 

And got away with penalty to..ex rovers legend garry flitcroft was a manager at Chorley for a magnificent 7 year spell ,is brother is manager at Mansfield who Chorley have drawn In round 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

My old man is a City fan so I’d love for us to get them. Tempted to say Dingles on current form. When is the draw?

Dingles would be a good shout. I live near Norwich and most of my mates are Canaries(not literally) so a trip to Carrow Road would be nice. Best mate is Josh and Jacob Murphy's dad so a free trip to Cardiff or Newcastle wouldn't go a miss either. 3rd Round draw is one of my favourite days of the year, pisses all over Christmas Day and the missus and mines anniversary!! 

Burnley, Preston, Wigan or Stanley, preferably at Ewood please.

Southport away if they get through their replay.

Oldham (home or away) would be interesting after the excitement of their fans to playing Rovers last season.

Otherwise a top 6 Prem club at Ewood.

Edited by Hasta

47 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Oldham (home or away) would be interesting after the excitement of their fans to playing Rovers last season.

I'll go with that. Their fans were ace at Ewood last season (their Depeche Mode song was genius, if only our fans had the wit...) and they seem to hate us so it would be a good atmosphere.

Or Stanley/PNE at home. 

We'll get Wimbledon. 

22 hours ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Dingles would be a good shout. I live near Norwich and most of my mates are Canaries(not literally) so a trip to Carrow Road would be nice. Best mate is Josh and Jacob Murphy's dad so a free trip to Cardiff or Newcastle wouldn't go a miss either. 3rd Round draw is one of my favourite days of the year, pisses all over Christmas Day and the missus and mines anniversary!! 

Thank god.

Similarily selfishly - any South Yorkshire away.

Barring that something trammable from Manc like Oldham, Bury (if they are in still)

30 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Thank god.

Similarily selfishly - any South Yorkshire away.

Barring that something trammable from Manc like Oldham, Bury (if they are in still)

Assuming we'd still have the 'behind both goals' allocation like last year, Bury would be class.

Let's see what the next few years hold, but if we carry on progressing under Mowbray then I think that fixture will be remembered fondly for years and years as a turning point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Assuming we'd still have the 'behind both goals' allocation like last year, Bury would be class.

Let's see what the next few years hold, but if we carry on progressing under Mowbray then I think that fixture will be remembered fondly for years and years as a turning point.

Just seen they're out already but you're right!

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is it a completely open draw at this point? 

Well I'll be surprised if no games ended in draws for the entire 2nd round.

I can understand why Accrington might be convenient but why do people want to see them at Ewood so much? Playing at Ewood should be seen as a privilege and considering Accrington's lacklustre announcement of the pre-season fixture on their website it's almost as if they feel playing Blackburn Rovers is their divine entitlement. So I don't think they deserve to be drawn for a fixture at Ewood. I don't disagree that the FA Cup should be a chance for clubs to play at venues they wouldn't have a hope in hell of visiting under normal circumstances. That however is the exception. 

Look at this article it's pathetic.

https://accringtonstanley.co.uk/2018/05/blackburn-friendly-announcement/

They can't even be bothered to say "Blackburn Rovers" in the headline. They are used to playing Rovers and have become ungrateful rather than thankful. Of course I don't expect anyone on here to understand (or anyone at the club for that matter) but you don't look at things from a marketing/image standpoint. I do.

I don't like it when charity games, etc are played at Ewood either with supporters allowed to participate. Well "it's for charity" people say. So what's the line exactly? Should a fan be allowed to play in a league game "for charity" too? I guess it's hard to say people should turn down the chance to play on the Ewood pitch but I would end such practices immediately. I don't care if other clubs do the same. Some things are supposed to be sacred not just open to anybody. Though considering some of the people to have turned out for Rovers (Lowe, etc) some of the supporters probably had more business being there! 

Edited by Vinjay17