BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Interesting draw we've an ok record up there, should take a few this time depending on price/tv hopefully we play without fear.

Would think the suits at Ewood will be hoping for a draw so they can charge top whack in a replay, get tv coverage, fleece the Geordies, open all the ground then sit back and moan when it's nowhere near full ! 

‘Rovers welcome PREMIER LEAGUE GIANTS Newcastle United to Ewood Park for the third round replay. With a bumper crowd expected, get your ticket now. They start at £25’

Week later... attendance... 7,000.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 16:03, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Dingles would be a good shout. I live near Norwich and most of my mates are Canaries(not literally) so a trip to Carrow Road would be nice. Best mate is Josh and Jacob Murphy's dad so a free trip to Cardiff or Newcastle wouldn't go a miss either. 3rd Round draw is one of my favourite days of the year, pisses all over Christmas Day and the missus and mines anniversary!! 

Bingo!!! Sat in a box full of geordies. 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Rovers welcome PREMIER LEAGUE GIANTS Newcastle United to Ewood Park for the third round replay. With a bumper crowd expected, get your ticket now. They start at £25’

Week later... attendance... 7,000.

But it would be 14k with 7 thousand Barcodes so the bean counters are covered....

I was just looking back as I have only ever been to Newcastle once for a match, it was a bloody awful April night in 1981, just over 13,000 there, we were in an open end, and I remember getting drenched. We were attempting promotion under HK, but it was a drab 0-0 draw. I had to look it up, as it wasn't in my book of past Rovers dreams.

28 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I was just looking back as I have only ever been to Newcastle once for a match, it was a bloody awful April night in 1981, just over 13,000 there, we were in an open end, and I remember getting drenched. We were attempting promotion under HK, but it was a drab 0-0 draw. I had to look it up, as it wasn't in my book of past Rovers dreams.

This time; North-East coast, January, rain , sleet, wind . . . . . . .It sounds like a TV game.

8 minutes ago, Songman said:

The more I think about it, the more I see it as a good draw. They tend to price there cup games very reasonable at St James as well.

Why's that? I think it's a terrible draw personally. Highly likely we will lose. 'Best' case scenario is a replay congesting our January schedule, which is right after a very busy December. Think we are more likely to put the backups in and get spanked, have it over and done with.

I like having an easy home fixture in the third round, and fourth round, so we can go on a bit of a run and afford to test out the fringe players without it being certain suicide. We have quite a few players that don't get enough game time but could go on a fair cup run if the games aren't too taxing.

TM might hate the Barcodes though, given his upbringing, and go all out.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Why's that? I think it's a terrible draw personally. Highly likely we will lose. 'Best' case scenario is a replay congesting our January schedule, which is right after a very busy December. Think we are more likely to put the backups in and get spanked, have it over and done with.

I like having an easy home fixture in the third round, and fourth round, so we can go on a bit of a run and afford to test out the fringe players without it being certain suicide. We have quite a few players that don't get enough game time but could go on a fair cup run if the games aren't too taxing.

I think I'd rather have it as it's a nice ground, we could well take a couple of thousand if the pricing is right (especially coming after two of the championships pricier away games). Chance of winning if we take it seriously. Much more appealing than being at Ewood with 2 stands closed and a few thousand home fans in, all in my opinion anyway.

51 minutes ago, Songman said:

I think I'd rather have it as it's a nice ground, we could well take a couple of thousand if the pricing is right (especially coming after two of the championships pricier away games). Chance of winning if we take it seriously. Much more appealing than being at Ewood with 2 stands closed and a few thousand home fans in, all in my opinion anyway.

I don't really care how nice of a day out it is. Only the overall progression and success of the football club.

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't really care how nice of a day out it is. Only the overall progression and success of the football club.

Oh, well your a better fan than me Brucey, I like to enjoy the day out as well, which is obviously enhanced by a Rovers win. Had my enjoyment been solely down to results then I'd have thrown the towel in long ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Dont think its that bad, its not City away. Newcastle have been struggling so I do not think Rafa will be putting much of a priority on this game as he will be concentrating on staying up. Will be a second string side for them I reckon or a weakened one at least. The key will be how much importance TM is placing on a cup run - he didnt (rightly or wrongly) have much last season as his sole aim was to get up. This time around he might just fancy it a bit more now that we are looking a fairly safe bet to at least stay in this division and play our strongest lineup.

We will win 0-1 (Mulgrew) 

Just like the last two matches ;)

• Like 1

This will be one of those where we will get all giddy nearer the time thinking we can beat them, then we'll find ourselves 3-0 down in 20 minutes.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

One good thing is that they tend to put away fans in the bottom tier for early cup games, so no oxygen tanks required at the top!

Is this right? If so that might tempt me to go, I've been a few times in that top tier and after nearly dying when Mulgrew scored the season before last I thought to myself that's the last time I'm going up there!