BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

One good thing is that they tend to put away fans in the bottom tier for early cup games, so no oxygen tanks required at the top!

I really hope so Matty. Altitude sickness was rife last time we were there. They should call it the Cardiac End with all those stairs to climb.

Last time we played at Newcastle in the Cup we were down by the corner flag, the ground was less than half full and the entire upper tier was shut.

I've saved my photos from that afternoon to produce every time someone comes out with the brilliant support/always fill their ground stuff about Newcastle.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last time we played at Newcastle in the Cup we were down by the corner flag, the ground was less than half full and the entire upper tier was shut.

I've saved my photos from that afternoon to produce every time someone comes out with the brilliant support/always fill their ground stuff about Newcastle.

Can you put on here for reference?

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine our demand will be a bit higher than that day though, I reckon they will give us a good whack of tickets in the usual away end.

Yeah provided the prices are reasonable, and I think Newcastle are usually sensible, then I'd fancy a couple of thousand will go. Last time we had Kean in the dugout and we were struggling in the Prem.

Would expect away fans to be upstairs as usual. I don't think they put them downstairs like we were very often at all.

Yes pretty sure that is right with the gate split, and a potential replay to factor in too.

I can't see it being any cheaper than £20 for adults.

By the way last year, Newcastle charged £10 for adults and £5 for kids for there 3rd round tie against Luton.

18 hours ago, Songman said:

Oh, well your a better fan than me Brucey, I like to enjoy the day out as well, which is obviously enhanced by a Rovers win. Had my enjoyment been solely down to results then I'd have thrown the towel in long ago.

Not trying to say I'm a better fan pal, just a different focus. You're probably a 'better' fan as you'll be going and I won't.

Going to this one provided its not Monday. Hotel booked provisionally hoping match is Sat or Sun.. I'm looking forward to reacquainting self with St James Park. Wife looking forward  to the shopping!!

Only time prevously on St James's Park was April 1983 a strange game without much atmosphere notwithstanding the 3-2 loss scoreline featuring a bizarre Mecky own goal and 2 "Killer" super-sub sharp strikes.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Kenyon's consortium might be in place before we play. Could be a bit of a shitter for us this.  Bad timing

Peter Kenyon?

220px-Peter_Kenyon.jpg
Peter Kenyon

Peter Kenyon (born 1954 in StalybridgeCheshire) is a British businessman who has served as the chief executive of English Premier League football clubs Manchester United and Chelsea, where he has been involved in contentious transfer dealings. 

On 22 September 2014, an investigation by The Guardian implicated Kenyon and Portuguese superagent Jorge Mendes in breaching FIFA regulations regarding third-party ownership and conflict of interest in player representation, buying player rights through companies based in Jersey and Ireland.[6] The Guardian also published a detailed report showing Kenyon's ex-club Chelsea have invested in third party ownership via Mendes and Kenyon, a practice banned by the Premier League. Chelsea declined to comment on the accusations.[6][7]

?

Newcastle United, the comedy club that keeps on giving!

On 03/12/2018 at 21:23, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I was just looking back as I have only ever been to Newcastle once for a match, it was a bloody awful April night in 1981, just over 13,000 there, we were in an open end, and I remember getting drenched. We were attempting promotion under HK, but it was a drab 0-0 draw. I had to look it up, as it wasn't in my book of past Rovers dreams.

I was at that night match too.  It was Easter.  Both me and my mate were 21 that month and went up there for a few days, driving around the area with a huge Radio Blackburn sun-screen sticker on his windscreen!!!  There was an advert on TV at the time about Tudor Crisps starring a Geordie lad wearing a black & white scarfe.  Mr Plod "ordered" us to stop singing about Rishy Crisps.  I love to remind my Geordie customers about the days they didn't get 50K gates but none of them ever believe me.  The whole ground was an absolute car crash at the time.  I think we beat them 3-0 at Ewood just a couple of weeks later?

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Peter Kenyon?

220px-Peter_Kenyon.jpg
Peter Kenyon

Peter Kenyon (born 1954 in StalybridgeCheshire) is a British businessman who has served as the chief executive of English Premier League football clubs Manchester United and Chelsea, where he has been involved in contentious transfer dealings. 

On 22 September 2014, an investigation by The Guardian implicated Kenyon and Portuguese superagent Jorge Mendes in breaching FIFA regulations regarding third-party ownership and conflict of interest in player representation, buying player rights through companies based in Jersey and Ireland.[6] The Guardian also published a detailed report showing Kenyon's ex-club Chelsea have invested in third party ownership via Mendes and Kenyon, a practice banned by the Premier League. Chelsea declined to comment on the accusations.[6][7]

?

Newcastle United, the comedy club that keeps on giving!

Yep

• 1 month later...