BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 22:12, Stuart said:

This is nice but it isn’t.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8448645/newport-generous-guardiola-man-city/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550486168

Newport County are a football league team being treated like a counties league outfit. I know there’s a gulf in quality but it’s a gesture that is more than a little patronising.

Not quite the lovely club that they make out to be when the cameras are on them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/volunteer-run-clevedon-town-football-2567837

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Not quite the lovely club that they make out to be when the cameras are on them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/volunteer-run-clevedon-town-football-2567837

They should have insisted that City players travelled there and back on a megabus or similar ,if they were going to be responsible for City's travelling expenses. 18 quid return x maybe 25 = 450 , a saving of 600 quid there.

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

To be fair that’s an FA rule so could be spun against City. But you’re right, it’s the wrong way round. A L2 club is in the same game - to a greater extent - and is a professional outfit earning money.

A non-league club could have auctioned the City first team gear and run the club for a could have years!

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Good to see that Tosser Duffy going out of the FA Cup !!!

Thanks for tempting fate!

To be fair though. Millwall should have lost 2-1 by now. That first goal included a rugby tackle!

Disgusting stamp by the Millwall lad. Should get a lengthy ban for that.

BHA “won” that in extra time but the liner called it wrongly. (2 player on the opposite side of the pitch playing them onside). No VAR to review.

Inconsistent use of the technology has made this season’s FA Cup a farce.

"SO ROVERS!" LOL!

Rovers winning 2-0 with 10 minutes to go. Mowbray makes 2 substitutions. Rovers sit far too deep. Rovers concede with 2 minutes to go. With 10 seconds to go (in the 4th minute of added time) Reed makes a silly foul giving away a free kick. Raya flaps the free kick into his own net (if he'd have left it it would have been goal kick and game over).

Extra time. Rovers mainly up against it. Dack misses a sitter. Bell sent off late on. They manage to hold out.

Penalties . . .it gets worse, Rovers are one penalty ahead. Raya (rather Shiltonesque goes the right way for most of the penalties). Raya chocolate hands a mis-hit penalty he should have saved. Nuttall misses. Bennet does a Waddle. ROVER AND OUT!

Edited by Husky

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

I read that VAR was in place for the FA Cup games at Premier League grounds but not at Swansea. They end up going out due to an offside goal. How is that fair?

But it will be available at a non Premier League ground for the semi-finals and final. And they had it at Burton for the dead rubber game against Man City when the first leg score was 9-0.

That's the FA for you. Guardians of standards.

Has there ever been a worse goalkeeping error than in that game yesterday?

I know there have been some pretty bad ones, but I can't think of any when everything is taken in context - i.e. - the fact that had he left the ball it would have floated out for a goal kick, there was no pressure from any attackers at the far post, the fact it was the last kick of the game and it costed a place in the semi-final including all the financial benefits (especially to a relatively poor club like Millwall). ?

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I read that VAR was in place for the FA Cup games at Premier League grounds but not at Swansea. They end up going out due to an offside goal. How is that fair?

Cus Swansea aren't in the premier league.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It's not. Rovers went out in worse fashion where VAR was available in the tie, but ultimately not when Newcastle went through with an offside goal.

It all further adds to the devaluation of the FA Cup.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Atmosphere today at Wembley between Wolves and Watford sums up why I can’t wait for the likes of Man City to fuck off into a Euro Super League.

That'll never, ever happen.

Goals left in this I reckon.

Whoever wins has the whole country behind them at least.

What a cracking goal by Jimenez btw.

Edit 2

Good lord Deloufeou’s was even better.

Edited by S8 & Blue