BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Love that the commentators keep having to mention Blackburn Rovers when they are trotting out the FA Cup records. :D

It must really be sticking in their craw.

Annoyed me intensely that the stupid commentator referred to us as Blackburn and not Blackburn Rovers. There is one hell of a difference between the two. Also he couldn't pronounce Bury correctly. Glad City didn't set a new record of 7. They could only equal us and Bury.

21 minutes ago, roverandout said:

How good has sterling become now? He's definitely world-class. 50 goals in two seasons as as a wide player. Phenomenal

Guardiola has improved him wonderfully. Most other managers could not have.

City would not be as good as this under most other managers.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bazza said:

Annoyed me intensely that the stupid commentator referred to us as Blackburn and not Blackburn Rovers. There is one hell of a difference between the two. Also he couldn't pronounce Bury correctly. Glad City didn't set a new record of 7. They could only equal us and Bury.

Guardiola has improved him wonderfully. Most other managers could not have.

City would not be as good as this under most other managers.

Even after the game, Pep was coaching him!

• Like 1

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

And now Kompany has left to become Anderlecht player/manager.

Didn’t see that coming. Dying breed player-managers.

Quiz question though: who was the last player-manager in top flight English football?

(Non-interim so Giggs doesn’t count!)

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Stuart said:

Didn’t see that coming. Dying breed player-managers.

Quiz question though: who was the last player-manager in top flight English football?

(Non-interim so Giggs doesn’t count!)

Vialli or Gullit only ones can think of off the top of my head. Still get the odd lower league one like Ainsworth

What a poor advert for the FA Cup and English football in general that Final was.

I gave up watching it when the 3rd Citeh goal went in and expected to see a minimum of 6 by the time I checked back.

There is too much being earned by the top 4 or 6 Clubs in our game and the rest have zero chance of winning anything meaningful.

Teams like Citeh can, for me, fuck off and play in a European or World League.

Just read on Facebook that the Citeh bench cost 4 times more than the entire Watford team.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What a poor advert for the FA Cup and English football in general that Final was.

I gave up watching it when the 3rd Citeh goal went in and expected to see a minimum of 6 by the time I checked back.

There is too much being earned by the top 4 or 6 Clubs in our game and the rest have zero chance of winning anything meaningful.

Just read on Facebook that the Citeh bench cost 4 times more than the entire Watford team.

It reminds me of when we beat Arsenal in he league cup. all the press were saying it was there reserve side. yet most had played in the first team and cost over £20 million

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sadly it has come to a point where something eventually is going to have to give. I think it's time for a European super league, get rid of the all the mega money clubs all over Europe. Let them have there huge soulless stadiums full of international tourists, let the sky cameras see 200 japanese people with selfie sticks talking pictures as aguero and messi score. Have your half n half scarves and let the rest of Europe have our proper  football back. Balti pies, bovril, community feel clubs with a heartbeat with half a chance to progress, compete and ultimately win things. Full strength teams in all competions again.

Now is the time. City, united, Liverpool, Barca , Bayern, real ,juve time you all pissed off

I've watched city for the last three seaaons. The whole place is a tourist Haven whilst on the pitch its the equivalent to seeing a fully grown man hold a midgets head at arm's length and watch the midget swing a few punches why the adult laughs and repeatedly kicks him in the bollocks. 

Everyone loves and underdog game but it's gone way beyond that and the gulf is huge. Who would back against city sweeping all three next season ? And which ever one they miss out on you can guarantee Liverpool will snatch it

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Vialli or Gullit only ones can think of off the top of my head. Still get the odd lower league one like Ainsworth

Vialli it was. ??

King Kenny at Liverpool was possibly most successful though. That guy was something special.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Vialli it was. ??

King Kenny at Liverpool was possibly most successful though. That guy was something special.

Yeah he was indeed. Subsequently got a few more Peter Reid at citeh, Southgate at Boro, Hoddle at Chelsea, Attilo Lombardo at Palace, Stuart Pearce at Forest, Strachan at Coventry.

18 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Sadly it has come to a point where something eventually is going to have to give. I think it's time for a European super league, get rid of the all the mega money clubs all over Europe. Let them have there huge soulless stadiums full of international tourists, let the sky cameras see 200 japanese people with selfie sticks talking pictures as aguero and messi score. Have your half n half scarves and let the rest of Europe have our proper  football back. Balti pies, bovril, community feel clubs with a heartbeat with half a chance to progress, compete and ultimately win things. Full strength teams in all competions again.

Now is the time. City, united, Liverpool, Barca , Bayern, real ,juve time you all pissed off

I've watched city for the last three seaaons. The whole place is a tourist Haven whilst on the pitch its the equivalent to seeing a fully grown man hold a midgets head at arm's length and watch the midget swing a few punches why the adult laughs and repeatedly kicks him in the bollocks. 

Everyone loves and underdog game but it's gone way beyond that and the gulf is huge. Who would back against city sweeping all three next season ? And which ever one they miss out on you can guarantee Liverpool will snatch it

I can't do links but Jonathan Wilson in todays " Guardian " has an excellent article on the subject of City's dominance.

Just two quotes from a really good article -

" But Saturday was miserable ,the traditional showpiece of the game was reduced to a grim parade, devoid of any drama, there to satisfy the propaganda wing of a faraway regime ".

" The gulf between the elites and the rest has never been as defined as this. It is not just City, it is not just England. Bayern Munich wrapped up the Bundesliga on Saturday to mean that for the first time in history, the league title in each of Europe's five big leagues has been retained. There comes a time when you have to step back and say this is pointless. Teams like Watford should not be just patsies. They and their fans deserve better than to be mice tossed into the tank for the python to feed upon."

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't do links but Jonathan Wilson in todays " Guardian " has an excellent article on the subject of City's dominance.

" But Saturday was miserable ,the traditional showpiece of the game was reduced to a grim parade, devoid of any drama, there to satisfy the propaganda wing of a faraway regime ".

" The gulf between the elites and the rest has never been as defined as this. It is not just City, it is not just England. Bayern Munich wrapped up the Bundesliga on Saturday to mean that for the first time in history, the league title in each of Europe's five big leagues has been retained. There comes a time when you have to step back and say this is pointless. Teams like Watford should not be just patsies. They and their fans deserve better than to be mice tossed into the tank for the python to feed upon."

Tyrone, if you can copy and paste a quote then you can copy and paste a link. Same procedure. You didn't type out the quote in full, did you?

I can do it in my sleep, we are more or less the same age and I'm certainly no brighter than you :D, give it a go and see what happens.

18 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The trouble is it won't be sustained. If the likes of Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea went off to a Super League then that might see the back of the plastics and tourists for a while, but Sky would pull the plug or drastically reduce their funding. This would effectively bankrupt the Premier and Football League. Then from the ashes the beast would rise again, slowly but surely, as media giants would compete for rights and foreigners would come sniffing. Rather than it being Chelsea or City at the top of the pile hoovering up all the quality with all the money it would be Leicester, Everton or Wolves doing it. Eventually we'd end up more or less back where we are now, perhaps on a smaller scale without the current giants.

The only way it is going to work is if the government or some other powerful body puts their foot down and restricts the ownership of clubs by mega foreign groups and comes up with some sort of system to make it work longer term on a more even playing field. In my opinion this would need the Premier League and Football League to be once again under the same umbrella rather than separate, with a more even distribution of prize money and media money, with proper FFP rules in place and serious sanctions for those who break the rules.

Ironic that since the introduction of FFP rules spending by clubs has actually increased. I still shake my head when people go on about FFP rules for Man City when the only rules they are subject to are the UEFA ones. Nothing stopping them spending under Premier League rules.

None of the above will happen so we'll get a middle ground of more and more European games gradually building towards a super league in all but name.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Thanks for that.

I couldn't agree more and was the point I tried making

Just now, JHRover said:

The trouble is it won't be sustained. If the likes of Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea went off to a Super League then that might see the back of the plastics and tourists for a while, but Sky would pull the plug or drastically reduce their funding. This would effectively bankrupt the Premier and Football League. Then from the ashes the beast would rise again, slowly but surely, as media giants would compete for rights and foreigners would come sniffing. Rather than it being Chelsea or City at the top of the pile hoovering up all the quality with all the money it would be Leicester, Everton or Wolves doing it. Eventually we'd end up more or less back where we are now, perhaps on a smaller scale without the current giants.

The only way it is going to work is if the government or some other powerful body puts their foot down and restricts the ownership of clubs by mega foreign groups and comes up with some sort of system to make it work longer term on a more even playing field. In my opinion this would need the Premier League and Football League to be once again under the same umbrella rather than separate, with a more even distribution of prize money and media money, with proper FFP rules in place and serious sanctions for those who break the rules.

Ironic that since the introduction of FFP rules spending by clubs has actually increased. I still shake my head when people go on about FFP rules for Man City when the only rules they are subject to are the UEFA ones. Nothing stopping them spending under Premier League rules.

None of the above will happen so we'll get a middle ground of more and more European games gradually building towards a super league in all but name.

I had thought of this and your right it could easily end up with everton, West Ham etc being the next in line for the throne .

However it could be the best thing to happen to football if it is monetized and regulated fairly the game could be better than it ever has. Shades of brexit in comparison. The question is can we trust the powers that be to learn from previous mistakes and make the necessary changes and put the right laws in place so the game can thrive fairly

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Tyrone, if you can copy and paste a quote then you can copy and paste a link. Same procedure. You didn't type out the quote in full, did you?

I can do it in my sleep, we are more or less the same age and I'm certainly no brighter than you :D, give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for that but yes I did type it all out. The article was really excellent but it'd take me all morning to type it in it's entirety. Me and computers are only just on speaking terms.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Thanks for that but yes I did type it all out. The article was really excellent but it'd take me all morning to type it in it's entirety. Me and computers are only just on speaking terms.

Just you wait till you discover the power of copy/paste, we won't be able to stop you 

• Like 1