BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Correct but they have to enforce the Laws of the Game. The VAR should have advised him on the correct restart having reviewed the incident.

By the way I refereed around 1000 games of football over a 25 year period.

That’s particularly mind boggling.

So if play is potentially going to continue after a foul is made then a new tip should be to kick the ball into the net as soon as you get a penalty.

If VAR overturns the penalty you’ve scored!

How can you not see the potential downfall of what you are suggesting?

Play has to stop when the referee determines there is a foul.

Edited by S8 & Blue

51 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wednesday offered nothing.

Chelsea Sheff Wed game was boring. No idea why it was on tv..

29 minutes ago, bazza said:

Time to scrap VAR. Lunatics in football have made the whole process too complicated as I knew they would.

VAR should have never come into football. Its crap and not needed

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

So if play is potentially going to continue after a foul is made then a new tip should be to kick the ball into the net as soon as you get a penalty.

The referee determined there was a foul after  the ball was dead though so all your scenarios don't matter. 

In himdsight, the ref should have give a corner and let VAR check the penalty. That may be the way forward but I fear that you will end with all challenges in the box leading to playing on until the video is checked. Refs will duck making decisions.

And no, I don't want VAR to cook my dinner. Just to give a simple corner. Wednesday have been penalised because the ref made a bad call.

I do agree that I'd love to know why Wednesday didn't contest it.

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

The game stops when the referee blows his whistle or the ball goes out of play. Assuming no offence has occurred as advised by VAR then the game restarts with a drop ball providing the ball was in play when the referee blew. Tonight the ball was out of play when he blew. As no offence was committed the game should have begun again with a corner.

Just now, Hasta said:

The referee determined there was a foul when the ball was dead though so all your scenarios don't matter. 

In hi disgust, the ref should have give a corner and let VAR check the penalty. That may be the way forward but I fear that you will end with all challenges in the box leading to playing on until the video is checked. Ref will duck making decisions.

And no, I don't want VAR to cook my dinner. Just to give a simple corner.

I do agree that I'd love to know why Wednesday didn't contest it.

I’m trying to illustrate the problem of changing the timing of decisions dependant of context - it has to be when the “foul” is committed, no ifs, no buts.

And he thought it was a penalty so gave it. Strangely, as VAR wouldn’t overturn a wrong corner call, doing that could have been MORE unfair.

Just now, arbitro said:

The game stops when the referee blows his whistle or the ball goes out of play. Assuming no offence has occurred as advised by VAR then the game restarts with a drop ball providing the ball was in play when the referee blew. Tonight the ball was out of play when he blew. As no offence was committed the game should have begun again with a corner.

Well just kick it in the net before he whistles. ?

I can’t see that ruling anywhere and sincerely hope it isn’t the case.

I don’t really want the rules of the game to be beholden to whistle-speed.

If I’m wrong I apologise - but it would just be crazy.

4 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I bet your glad about that its a nightmare, I still cant belive you can play a competition with different rules for some games and not others.

I don't like it at all. The whole concept goes against everything I enjoy about football. The emotions, the spontaneity and talking points are to me what makes it enjoyable for m6as a fan. I don't want sterile stop start football.

• Like 1

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't like it at all. The whole concept goes against everything I enjoy about football. The emotions, the spontaneity and talking points are to me what makes it enjoyable for m6as a fan. I don't want sterile stop start football.

Well I can agree 100% with that.

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well just kick it in the net before he whistles. ?

I can’t see that ruling anywhere and sincerely hope it isn’t the case.

I don’t really want the rules of the game to be beholden to whistle-speed.

If I’m wrong I apologise - but it would just be crazy.

I speak to close friends regularly who are actively involved in VAR so I have a good idea on the process. The most surprising aspect to me is that next season in the PL the on field referee won't get the chance to see the incident again pitch side. Quite simply he will be told what the decision is.

• Like 1

It's a shame because that was an exceptional tackle from ampadu that will be lost with this var chat

Another one of the Chelsea production line who looks to have a bright future. Seen him a few times and he was top draw every time

Edited by Oldgregg86

10 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I may have calmed down a bit about it now.

I will perhaps accept behind closed doors games.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/islam-issues-holy-war-against-millwall.33858/

They are all very ashamed and embarrassed on their forum.

Everything else had been said so a slightly different take on this but I’m always slightly bemused when the S*n tries to curry favour with scousers.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because it was in London where all the lazy TV people live.

Hence the terrestrial live TV games over the  weekend were in North London, East London and West London.

30 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Chelsea were like Wenger's arsenal on a bad day at times. Walking pace, sideways passing, forwards dropping deep at the wrong time and so on. A top team would think them.

Thank you, Mr. Eubank.

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Definitely is needed, just needs to be executed better is all. 

I'm sure if Rovers were in the play off final and conceded a 90th minute handball goal that VAR could have been spotted, you wouldn't want it then either......

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Definitely is needed, just needs to be executed better is all. 

I'm sure if Rovers were in the play off final and conceded a 90th minute handball goal that VAR could have been spotted, you wouldn't want it then either......

Swings and roundabouts in my opinion.  It's a joke and doesn't suit football like it does other sports.

• Moderation Lead
49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Swings and roundabouts in my opinion.  It's a joke and doesn't suit football like it does other sports.

It definitely could though I think. Goal line technology has already been a success.

It just needs to be done a bit more quickly. I don't get why it has to be done by someone in a room miles away, rather than someone at the ground with a monitor, pitch side....

Edited by K-Hod

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It definitely could though I think. Goal line technology has already been a success.

It just needs to be done a bit more quickly. I don't get why it has to be done by someone in a room miles away, rather than someone at the ground with a monitor, pitch side....

The marked difference is that goal line technology is factual and can be proved that the ball did or didn't cross the line. All VAR referrals will be subjective and rely on a human being to make the call. I accept VAR will offer more empirical evidence and should arrive at the correct decision but there will be occasions when it won't. Quite simply it won't be the exact science that many are predicting. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

A goal goes in, the crowd go wild, players are jubilant and then 2 minutes later as the game is restarted the goal is ruled out ....that just ruins everything that this game is about.  That adrenaline that we all turn up for....

VAR has to go.

Don't think I've ever agreed with a statement on this forum more than this one. Would like it 100 times if I could. 

Another instance of football being changed by people who either don't like or don't understand football as match-attending fans do.

• Like 1